• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Nankatsu

Gold Member
No you're right, I just wanted to use the slowpoke gif. He might be out on asian servers due to time difference.
Finished my Thoma, finally on C6.

And won 50/50 after using my pity. Still have 140 wishes in the bag for furina or something in the future.

Overall, pretty good. C1 Wriothesley in the house.

For now I won't go for his weapon.

Last edited:
For those that actually read the event dialog, was there anything important to note in there somewhere or was it mostly filler for NPC's we'll never see again?
It centers around a legend/story from Springvale that has been in the game from the start. Kinda cute if you remember that, but not of great importance overall.

It does explain Diona's power to mix delicious drinks though, which is obviously of great significance. She's such a beloved character! I like Diona.

Wait Wriothesley is already out?
Yeah the banner phases don't start on the same day. In EU, new updates (and thus phase 1 banners) drop on Wednesdays after maintenance is done, whereas phase 2 banners happen on Tuesdays in the afternoon. I mix them up a lot too.

Edit: If Fuz Fuz is still watching, I hope you got your Wrio!

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Well messed a bit with Wriothesley and with NA on level 6 only (didn't leveled anything else besides putting him on level 90) he is packing 86K charge attacks, but he does require some set-up.

I need to play him with a shielder though. The amount of times he gets interrupted before dropping a charge attack is staggering (elemental skill level up is supposed to help with this).

Currently sitting at 57% Crit Rate (can go higher thanks to maruchausse set) and 205% Crit damage.

I like him a lot, it's up close and personal, and will make me focus on other characters that I haven't yet level up, like Thoma and Rosaria.

But to be honest, in comparison with the character that dropped before him, Neuvillette is much more easy to use and play.

Last edited:

Pejo

Besides her BiS weapon what seems to be the other good choices for her?
Festering Desire is finally good if you had that from the original Albedo event. Otherwise anything that buffs elemental skill damage/crit, else HP% Swords (like Nilou's signature) which are actually more rare.

Pejo

Man, I put some time in on Wrio's trial. Just a very boring kit. He seems strong enough and if you need a Cryo hyper-carry, he looks to be worthwhile, but it's just so straightforward and lackluster from a gameplay design angle. The HP loss bullshit is the only thing that really differentiates him from Ayaka, but he doesn't have really any cool secondary stuff to make up for it (like her dash). They barely even change the attack string animations when you're using the skill, just adding some icy waves to each punch and making that little logo float beside him. Shame, I like his design a lot, but they could have made his skill more of a stance change that expanded or at least changed up the normal attack combo a bit. Even the "enhanced" charge attack looks exactly the same as a normal one, so the only way to tell that you used it is when you get HP back. Lazy as fuck.

Ended up getting a copy anyways. Won't be chasing constellations or weapon for him, MHY is lucky they sold me anything here with the low effort they showed on their part. Seems like a good candidate for my "Lost Prayers to the Sacred Winds" book that's been laying around unused, though he probably doesn't need the crit rate if I run Blizzard Strayer on him.

Which artifacts are you guys farming for Wrio?

BJK

Pulled on the banner expecting to build pity, after Zhonglipalooza.

2 pulls later (around 25 pity), I own C0 Wriothsely. There is zero chance my luck is going to hold for Focalors at this rate.

deanote666

Pulled on the banner expecting to build pity, after Zhonglipalooza.

2 pulls later (around 25 pity), I own C0 Wriothsely. There is zero chance my luck is going to hold for Focalors at this rate.
Congrats on your Wriothsely!

I never understood the concept of "build pity".

Either you pull for characters you want on the banner or you save. Your 5* pity isn't going anywhere on the character banners.

I pulled on Cyno's original banner because I wanted Candace. Got her right before soft pity. I then held firm the next couple banners until Nahida came out since I was on my guarantee 5*.

I think I'm skipping Wriothsely and saving for Furina, hoping she'll be usable. Charlotte is coming soon so hopefully she'll fill the cryo catechist role well. I'm on my guarantee 5* as well.

Got my Fontaine treasure compass. Time to get all of the Fontaine chests!!! Oh wait... (at 100% Fontaine chests collected).

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Which artifacts are you guys farming for Wrio?

Full Maruchausse set: ATK sands, Cryo goblet, Circlet CRIT Damage. Weapon is Lost Prayers.

Running him on melt team: Benny, Xiangling and Kazuha. Soon to try out Thoma for Xiangling, to see how good his shield holds up.

Not a fan of its mechanic, specially coming from Zhongli. Having to Elemental Burst right after using his Elemental skill to strengthen the shield...

Nbc No GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Last edited:
I never understood the concept of "build pity".

Either you pull for characters you want on the banner or you save. Your 5* pity isn't going anywhere on the character banners.
It's fun to pull, man. The game also kinda forces you to do it if you want to get 4-stars semi-reliably. It's also beneficial when you just start playing the game to fill out your roster with characters and weapons.

Got my Fontaine treasure compass. Time to get all of the Fontaine chests!!! Oh wait... (at 100% Fontaine chests collected).
Man, I love the compass. Allows me to explore everywhere again with a guide. I hate having to look everything up in videos or maps. Completely ruins exploration for me.

Wrioth was super boring to use in the test. Is he any good and worth pulling? He is the only catalyst based cryo currently so thinking. I hate the hp drain mechanism as usual.

deanote666

It's fun to pull, man. The game also kinda forces you to do it if you want to get 4-stars semi-reliably. It's also beneficial when you just start playing the game to fill out your roster with characters and weapons.

Man, I love the compass. Allows me to explore everywhere again with a guide. I hate having to look everything up in videos or maps. Completely ruins exploration for me.
The term "build pity" is misleading. Sounds like you were pulling for the characters then. ;)

If you're a completionist, using some sort of checklist is an eventuality. I sometimes use in game map pins to mark what I grab and then check them off on the interactive map later if I can't have the map open.

Fontaine is the first region I decided to do a full 100% on the chests. Still missing some of the mora triangles though.

Still missing a couple dozen chests in each region besides Fontaine somehow.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Hitting 102K charged attacks with Wriothesley.

Thoma's C6 boosts his NA and Charged attacks, and now that I know how his shield works, I'm gonna work on leveling him up. He is a solid shielder, not like big Dongli but, it's solid nonetheless.

Last edited:
For anyone playing Star Rail…

Man those scenes between Luocha and Jing Yuan during the new companion mission were so cool and juicy. What’s in the coffin?!

I also got JingLiu in 71 pulls, my gf got her in her first 10 pull… smh of course.

Any of you guys playing pull for JingLiu?

Edit.

In Genshin news:

Said fuck it and threw more pulls at the Wrio banner just because I tried him again in the test run and my gf and I decided he looks like a Star Rail character, we think Mihoyo put him in the wrong game 😅😂🤣
anyway I like how he looks so even though I’m drowning in cryo and hydro characters I said fuck it. Took 60 pulls exactly, and GOT HIM,
got 1 Dori along the way and 4 copies of Thoma (who is now C6) so I guess I’ll be building up Thoma now too. Wrio looks great, I’m officially shipping him and Kafka.
New story is that he is Servals ex boyfriend, they wanted to take their music in different directions and he formed his own band.

Double edit
70bfuHQ.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

For anyone playing Star Rail…

Man those scenes between Luocha and Jing Yuan during the new companion mission were so cool and juicy. What’s in the coffin?!

I also got JingLiu in 71 pulls, my gf got her in her first 10 pull… smh of course.

Any of you guys playing pull for JingLiu?
Yea I rolled her in Star Rail. The only ice characters I had before that were March and Pela, so it was a niche I didn't have, plus I like her design. Not much to say about her. She's strong, she does damage, mechanically boring. MHY's MO lately. Topaz had shitty writing in the story and all of her skills are just the stupid pig thing, so I'm passing on her. Might drop Star Rail altogether. This pokemon type event is draining me and the story is so fucking slow. I can just stop for 6 months and jump back in and rush the story and peace out again.

Regarding the coffin, I think it either WAS the stellaron, since he was the one that smuggled it in, or it was the remains of the foxian pilot girl after whatever Dan Feng did to her body. Frankly I hated the entire Luofu storyline and I hope Pecony ditches that type of storytelling where everything cool happened in the past and the trailblazer is just some numbnuts running around spouting off Zoomer dialogue options.
Im Not No Way GIF

Anyone else kinda annoyed with how stupid Wrio looks when you're just jogging forward with him? His lower body looks like a Minecraft character, it's almost perfectly rectangular from behind.

Last edited:

deanote666

Congrats on reaching the bottom of the abyss!

Getting full stars on floor 12 is still an impossibility for me.

Can I beat the enemies? Sure. Is it worth doing if I don't get the primos? No.

Last edited:

Pejo

Thank God Poetry Impact arc is over.

Heart Attack Close Call GIF by reactionseditor
Boy I've been hearing nothing but bad juju from this event. I haven't even started it yet, and now I want to less and less as days go by. If it has Liyue and Poetry involved, I'm sure it's mostly centered around Teyvat's #1 rappist, Hu Tao, and the twink gang.

Pejo

New 4* (maybe event?) sword in 4.2. Looks like it will let us pick an Ousia/Pneuma alignment even if the character isn't from Fontaine. Good shit.

jonnyXx

New 4* (maybe event?) sword in 4.2. Looks like it will let us pick an Ousia/Pneuma alignment even if the character isn't from Fontaine. Good shit.

Next we need an item that allows non Fontaine characters to dolphin dive.

Kinda cool to allow this mechanic on other characters, but Pneuma and Ousia are practically irrelevant and the weapon's passive otherwise sucks. It's almost the same as The Flute. I doubt anyone can effectively use this.

Pejo

Navia kit bits:

1. Does Navia’s kit include causing her own HP fluctuations?
Yes.

2. Navia’s BiS?
High base Atk, crit substat

3. In terms of meta, would it be worth it to pull Albedo for Navia teams?
No, I’d recommend paying closer attention to Chiori in 4.5, I heard she’s a 5star Geo off-fielder

4. Can Navia work well in a team with Furina?
Yes

5. Can Navia’s Q summon cannon deal damage while she’s off-field?
Yes (the cannon should function similarly to Yae’s totems)

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Buffed my Thoma to level 80, elemental skill on level 9, burst on 10. Currently with 31k HP... damn solid shielder.

Sorry I didn't belivied you before Cleaning Childe clone.

Last edited:

Pejo

Man Wrio's ascension bugs are just as annoying to farm as Cyno's were. Even looking at a map I can't find those fucking things.

I feel like I've gone way behind in the game, I've been busy with life stuff and barely have time to log in and do dailies. Kinda dreading this poetry event if I'm being honest, I still haven't started it.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Man Wrio's ascension bugs are just as annoying to farm as Cyno's were. Even looking at a map I can't find those fucking things.

I feel like I've gone way behind in the game, I've been busy with life stuff and barely have time to log in and do dailies. Kinda dreading this poetry event if I'm being honest, I still haven't started it.

Yes they are. Best way I found to speed up a bit on the farming was to pick a few places that have like 4-5 nearby, and go to other's players world.

deanote666

Don't forget elemental vision is a thing. ;)

Whenever they introduce a new regional specialty, you know someone is going to use it.

Pejo

Yes they are. Best way I found to speed up a bit on the farming was to pick a few places that have like 4-5 nearby, and go to other's players world.
Not a bad idea. I've just been gathering those 5 near the Tower of the 7 in northern Fontaine every few days. I could just zip around other players' worlds and grab those.

Don't forget elemental vision is a thing. ;)

Whenever they introduce a new regional specialty, you know someone is going to use it.
Yea I guess that might help a bit, but it's mostly due to the map showing them flat because it's a map, but then in the game they're like at the top of a fucking tower or under a broken wall or some stupid shit.

Got my Fontaine wings today and noticed something different compared to all other region wings we got so far. If anyone else got and noticed it and has some idea on why that is then post here. If it is tied to leaked spoilers etc. then don't bother.

Top Bottom