• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

Thoughts on Jean as a healer?
That's who I use in my Shenhe team. Notably she gets a cleanse in her burst which only a handful of characters get (removes elements lingering on your character).

I have her at C6 so I'm not sure which constellation gives her the extra passives, but it's really nice to have the increased movement speed and def buff. IMO, she's the best of the Anemo healers. Sucrose with Prototype Amber is probably higher damage potential for the whole team while still giving minor heals, though.

If rumors can be believed, Cloud Retainer will also be a 5* Anemo healer and probably will powercreep her roles, so keep that in mind. Then again I think you already have Jean so one in the hand is worth 2 in the bush, etc.

Give her VV artifact set btw, only Xiao, Wanderer, and maybe Faruzan (depending on role) should use something else.

Pejo

Man it still chaps my ass that Genshin doesn't do a Halloween/Harvest festival event. They have so many ways they could take it, and release some good costumes for a change, but nope.

*edit*

Special Program rescheduled to 11/3.

dclb7cnwogxb1.png

Not that I'm excited for this, but I'm awful with time zone calculations, so here's a countdown:

Tick Tock.

Last edited:

Pejo

About Navia's weapon:

Navia's Signature Weapon:

674 Attack / 22.1% Crit Rate

[R1]

Attack 20%, Stack 1 of Crystals, Elemental Skill +18%, Total 2 Stacks

About Navia's Constellations

Constellation:

C1: One more shot of elemental skill (not an increase in number of uses)

C2: Elemental Skill's Crit Rate increases by +22.5%, there is also one more Q after E

C3: Elemental Skill Talent Levels +3

C4: Geo Elemental RES -20%

C5: Elemental Burst Talent Level's +3

C6: Elemental Skill Crit DMG +105%, 6 Stacks on E and then 3 stacks back (skill has 6 stacks, first 3 stacks are multiplier, the remaining 3 stacks are buffs)

Extra notes:

1. E's CD is shorter than Yelan's E, she has means to summon crystals, E does more dmg the closer the distance
About the new artifact sets

New artifact set information:

2pc: Attack 18%

4pc: Geo Elemental DMG +40% by picking by crystals

Pejo

This reminded me, I forgot to mention it the night I rushed that poetry event, but I actually loved that Paimon's riddle was about the Jade Chamber and not herself like everyone was expecting.

Probably the first good Paimon moment since the "whattaya mean eheheh".

*edit*

Just hit soft pity on standard banner wishes, got a Tignhari dupe
Frustrated Jack Nicholson GIF

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Finally got my first 5-star star rail character...its Bailu.

law and order crazy shit GIF

Any of the current banners worth pulling? I'm fine with my cheap 4-star team for now.

Pejo Pejo

This first run pissed me off, because I got nearly perfect signets, but I had the difficulty set to easy...
XO268Xk.jpg

This second run took a bit of time, but I was surprised by how easy it was, she can definitely do higher difficulties, at least this week.

y5eLrQr.jpg

She seems to struggle a bit against the nihilus seed type enemies, they just take ages to kill, but I replaced the final stage boss with mechs and she tore right through them.

Also my luck has abandoned me, I've gotten her weapon 4 times now, no stigs lol; at least it works decently well on other cross wielders.

deanote666

With the new month shop, I now have C6 Lisa, C6 Amber, C6 Kaeya.

Has there been any updates on the suspected pity system for the standard banner?

deanote666

What suspected pity system? They reducing the pity count?
Thought someone here said there were leakers claiming there would be a pity system similar to the weapon banner where you pick something to work towards. Got 67 blue wishes just sitting.

Got 14 10 pulls saved up for 4.2 and on my guaranteed 5*.

Last edited:

SSfox

I have a main team rn with: MC fire, TIngyun, Natasha and Lingjiu

What second team would you suggest?

1698866585-f93xbrwwoaa1xr0.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

Finally got my first 5-star star rail character...its Bailu.

law and order crazy shit GIF

Any of the current banners worth pulling? I'm fine with my cheap 4-star team for now.
Nah, the meta has already shifted away from single target DPS characters, which is all that's on display now. If you want to fish for a Guinafen (the Fire Nihility 4*) she might be good, but otherwise focus on getting some survivability or Destruction characters in the future. That said, Seele was top dog for a long time, and it's not like she got less good. Just other options have bumped her down several spots by being even better.

I personally recommend Fu Xuan (tank) when she eventually reruns, she's been a massive QoL for my teams. Also Luocha (healer) is likely up for a rerun next patch and he was equally massive QoL. You just got Bailhu though so a healer is probably less of a need for you, even though I'd argue she's the worst one in the game due to not having a debuff cleanse.

Otherwise wait for the next big Destruction/Erudition DPS and roll them, if you like them. Current meta I think is Dan Heng (Creatura ver.) and Jingliu. Seele and Blade are both quite good too, though.

Pejo Pejo

She seems to struggle a bit against the nihilus seed type enemies, they just take ages to kill, but I replaced the final stage boss with mechs and she tore right through them.

Also my luck has abandoned me, I've gotten her weapon 4 times now, no stigs lol; at least it works decently well on other cross wielders.
Nice, I haven't tried her in ER yet (i usually only do 1 run per week for the crystals), but I am really enjoying playing her. The only thing that feels bad is the normal combo being relatively slow and easy to get hit out of before you get to the "revv" part. I wish it was a little faster or even better that you could individually hold and revv each hit on the way to the end of the combo, not just the last hit. Against more mobile enemies or more aggressive ones, it's very hard to charge the saw gauge. Easily my favorite valk since the flame chasers though, the visual effects are amazing. The new Harvest Moon event has actually been a good time too. Captainverse just doesn't miss.

I actually, for once, didn't get a single dupe stig. I 4/4 pretty quickly and straightforwardly. Now getting Senti's brick on the other hand... no joy and I'm already at like 4 off banners and 1 stig in a set I didn't even want.

With the new month shop, I now have C6 Lisa, C6 Amber, C6 Kaeya.

Has there been any updates on the suspected pity system for the standard banner?
I think those rumors about Paths for standard was just anniversary cope a few months ago. I never heard anything else about it.

F93xBrWWoAA1Xr0
Your image is broken

Nice, I haven't tried her in ER yet (i usually only do 1 run per week for the crystals), but I am really enjoying playing her. The only thing that feels bad is the normal combo being relatively slow and easy to get hit out of before you get to the "revv" part. I wish it was a little faster or even better that you could individually hold and revv each hit on the way to the end of the combo, not just the last hit.
You should try her in ER because that problem is solved there with her ego signets, she can go from evade to atk 4 immediately, so you're always just grinding and hacking shit to pieces.

SSfox

Nah, the meta has already shifted away from single target DPS characters, which is all that's on display now. If you want to fish for a Guinafen (the Fire Nihility 4*) she might be good, but otherwise focus on getting some survivability or Destruction characters in the future. That said, Seele was top dog for a long time, and it's not like she got less good. Just other options have bumped her down several spots by being even better.

I personally recommend Fu Xuan (tank) when she eventually reruns, she's been a massive QoL for my teams. Also Luocha (healer) is likely up for a rerun next patch and he was equally massive QoL. You just got Bailhu though so a healer is probably less of a need for you, even though I'd argue she's the worst one in the game due to not having a debuff cleanse.

Otherwise wait for the next big Destruction/Erudition DPS and roll them, if you like them. Current meta I think is Dan Heng (Creatura ver.) and Jingliu. Seele and Blade are both quite good too, though.

Nice, I haven't tried her in ER yet (i usually only do 1 run per week for the crystals), but I am really enjoying playing her. The only thing that feels bad is the normal combo being relatively slow and easy to get hit out of before you get to the "revv" part. I wish it was a little faster or even better that you could individually hold and revv each hit on the way to the end of the combo, not just the last hit. Against more mobile enemies or more aggressive ones, it's very hard to charge the saw gauge. Easily my favorite valk since the flame chasers though, the visual effects are amazing. The new Harvest Moon event has actually been a good time too. Captainverse just doesn't miss.

I actually, for once, didn't get a single dupe stig. I 4/4 pretty quickly and straightforwardly. Now getting Senti's brick on the other hand... no joy and I'm already at like 4 off banners and 1 stig in a set I didn't even want.

I think those rumors about Paths for standard was just anniversary cope a few months ago. I never heard anything else about it.

Your image is broken

What do u mean u can't see it?

Pejo

Oh sorry, weird i can see it, what about this?
Yea, that worked. Shame you didn't start when Kafka was still available, you have all the pieces for a great DoT team but Kafka is the catalyst of that team to really make it work.

Anyways, which Eidolon (constellation) is your Qingque? She's insanely strong at E4 and at E6 is one of the best damage units in the game. At low eidolon levels she's kinda RNG reliant and less good, though.

You're missing a 2nd viable sustain, so there's not really a team that works out of that group. March won't solo sustain a team. Maybe if you get a Lynx you can make something work, but you need either a 2nd healer or a group tank like Gepard/Fu Xuan. You could try to split Natasha into your 2nd team and put march with Fire MC and hope for the best, but AoE damage is gonna murder that team.

*edit*

As I mentioned to Nankatsu Nankatsu above, you might wanna wait for the special program and see if Luocha is rerunning in the next patch. He'd be massive QoL for your team and allow a ton of options.

Last edited:

Pejo

Revenue for October for various gacha games. From somebody that plays it, I honestly don't get why people are spending so much in Star Rail. I'm sure the Playstation launch helped the numbers a bit but there's just not that much to the game, and even less that you need whaled out characters for. Most dupes don't even give any new features or anything, it's usually just number increases.

Banner wise, Neuvi did "ok", Wrio is trending to be pretty terrible. Yet all of this and somehow the game still made 38 million?
mlncpjS.jpg

Dan, Luka, Qinque are all good. Maybe throw March in there. Rough with only 1 healer and 1 tank.

Imo the current banner with Jing Liu is amazing. She’s an absolute monster and will carry through the entire game. You already have Tingyun, so that’s nice.

Last edited:

Pejo

Dan, Luka, Qinque are all good. Maybe throw March in there. Rough with only 1 healer and 1 tank.

Imo the current banner with Jing Liu is amazing. She’s an absolute monster and will carry through the entire game. You already have Tingyun, so that’s nice.
JingLiu is gone though, it's Topaz and Seele now.

Alright, finished the main archon quest in Inazuma. Really slowed down and took my time with this area, also had to take lots of breaks from progress to outfit characters, but man how cool. Raiden is ridiculously cool, loved every scene she was in. Still have some side quests and exploration things to do, so I’ll hang around a bit longer before officially heading off to Sumeru. Oh also the reputation, just hit 5, gotta max that out too lol.

Wrio continues to impress.
I’m pretty sure he’s already out damaging Eula, even with a makeshift 4pc MH set and because he applies freeze more consistently then Eula the enemies stay trapped longer. I know there was discussion a page or two back about how freeze teams suck and they can’t freeze bosses, ect. But man… for grinding dungeons and overworld, I can’t imagine anything that gives more QoL, freeze makes some dungeons an absolute joke.

Also got Dehya up to 80, not sure what set to give her though. Was gonna do 4 Pc milelith but was worried since Kokomi is already using it. Doesn’t say anywhere in the description that it can’t stack, so I’m assuming it does.
I think I’m going to have her replace Diluc, but I’m not sure yet. I kind of just want to play her as a support for Wrio, since her field gives interruption res.

Last edited:
I haven't seen any spoilers, but just from watching the trailer, I'm already disappointed by Furina's role in the story. It's cool that they try new things, whatever, creative freedom. But they've neglected their female characters for an entire year and now the Archon is fucking useless too, reduced to an accessory to Neuvillette. And hey, that's an apt description for her kit too! Disappear off-field you filthy skank, we've got a sausage fest to shill!

And now Fontaine's shiny new boss is based on Childe's narwhal. Remember that??? I wish I didn't because I don't give a rat's ass about that moron. An entire region reduced to some random shit one fucking character talked about once. Jesus Christ man. Even Skirk is gonna be fucked because she'll constantly reference this dickwad. Yeah she looks good now, but they'll censor her, give her a crappy kit, make her off-field to top things off and she'll release in another year. Now give money.

Most of this was already known or easy to surmise. But somehow it still gets me. How did they manage all of this so fucking terribly? What a bunch of amateurs. I don't know why I'm ranting like this. Must be the latest survey where they keep asking if the game's too hard.

Pejo

You'll find out more in 4.2, but she's Childe's teacher that taught him Foul Legacy. She lives in the abyss and has some connection with the new world boss in 4.2 that I guess we'll find out about. She's only been mentioned a bit in Childe's story quest, his profile stuff, and a little in the 4.0 archon quest. Basically she's the Scáthach to his Cu Chulainn in Fate terms.

I haven't seen any spoilers, but just from watching the trailer, I'm already disappointed by Furina's role in the story. It's cool that they try new things, whatever, creative freedom. But they've neglected their female characters for an entire year and now the Archon is fucking useless too, reduced to an accessory to Neuvillette. And hey, that's an apt description for her kit too! Disappear off-field you filthy skank, we've got a sausage fest to shill!

And now Fontaine's shiny new boss is based on Childe's narwhal. Remember that??? I wish I didn't because I don't give a rat's ass about that moron. An entire region reduced to some random shit one fucking character talked about once. Jesus Christ man. Even Skirk is gonna be fucked because she'll constantly reference this dickwad. Yeah she looks good now, but they'll censor her, give her a crappy kit, make her off-field to top things off and she'll release in another year. Now give money.
Awkward Jesse Pinkman GIF by Breaking Bad

But yea so far Furina's been done dirty. Neuvi gave us some interesting lore drops in the 4.1 story stuff, but Furina has barely been in the Fontaine story other than as a punch line. Also I guess they shitcanned the ball gown transformation that had been leaked, and I've been waiting for. Now she just shifts back and forth between white/black shorts. I dunno if some feminist group really did them in or what, but they really have fucked up the female characters for almost a year now. Honestly though, if they had to do a year's worth of shit waifus, I'm glad it's Fontaine. I don't want to have a character that I really like that's bogged down with the "gonna lose some HP just 'cuz" mechanics that plague this godforsaken nation. Here's hoping Murata and Natlan have a more satisfying gimmick.

Also they better not fucking make Cloud Retainer lose HP, she's Liyue, she should be safe to make her strong since it's not-China.

Most of this was already known or easy to surmise. But somehow it still gets me. How did they manage all of this so fucking terribly? What a bunch of amateurs. I don't know why I'm ranting like this. Must be the latest survey where they keep asking if the game's too hard.
Combat is whatever. They've effectively made their own constellation system obsolete by not having any important challenging content, so I'm fine with that. I'm more upset that the puzzles are so braindead fucking easy now. I want Inazuma-tier stuff back. The fucking internet is out there for brainlets, they can look it up.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
You'll find out more in 4.2, but she's Childe's teacher that taught him Foul Legacy. She lives in the abyss and has some connection with the new world boss in 4.2 that I guess we'll find out about. She's only been mentioned a bit in Childe's story quest, his profile stuff, and a little in the 4.0 archon quest. Basically she's the Scáthach to his Cu Chulainn in Fate terms.

Oh OK, thanks. I don't remember any mention about her at all, glad I'm on this topic's crew 😂

Last edited:

deanote666

Combat is whatever. They've effectively made their own constellation system obsolete by not having any important challenging content, so I'm fine with that. I'm more upset that the puzzles are so braindead fucking easy now. I want Inazuma-tier stuff back. The fucking internet is out there for brainlets, they can look it up.
How dare you! These took me over an hour to figure out!

Last edited:
Honestly though, if they had to do a year's worth of shit waifus, I'm glad it's Fontaine. I don't want to have a character that I really like that's bogged down with the "gonna lose some HP just 'cuz" mechanics that plague this godforsaken nation. Here's hoping Murata and Natlan have a more satisfying gimmick.
True that. The health management mechanic is only annoying with no tangible benefit. Characters like Hu Tao are easy enough to ignore, but why would they make it an integral part of an entire region's characters? I guess I was just latching onto Furina to save this game, but now that she's boring too, the entire region is pretty much doomed. Almost makes me question if it's even worth investing in these characters at all. I'm sure a lot of people will dump them as soon as alternatives release from Natlan.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Anybody already farmed artifacts for furina?

Are you going HP/HP/Hydro or HP/Crit/Hydro?

My current build is sitting at 50% CR, 115% CD, 178% ER and 96 EM.

Looks nice but I think CD is too low for now. I'm gonna use her as support but still...

Last edited:
Anybody already farmed artifacts for furina?

Are you going HP/HP/Hydro or HP/Crit/Hydro?

My current build is sitting at 50% CR, 115% CD, 178% ER and 96 EM.

Looks nice but I think CD is too low for now. I'm gonna use her as support but still...
My farming's been miserable so it's not even worth posting, but I assume HP/Hydro/Crit is gonna be best.

Top Bottom