• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Dang, everybody and their dog pulling lol I’m gonna pass, didn’t like her in her trial that much, and don’t like her design that much either. Also my teams are already absolutely wrecking everything so far and Wrio was kind of a luxury pull for me anyway.

The red rifle girl looks kind of cool tho. And she has a mechanic like Sugary Starburst?! She was literally my first S Rank unit in HI3rd lol, loved her and the crosshair mechanic. So fun.

Pejo

Furina has been a lot easier to farm materials for than Wrio was. I still only have him at level 80 because those bug things are so annoying to find.

I like Furina's water walk. It's quick and easy to do unlike Kokomi's version. In Fontaine though at least, it's still much faster to just dive underwater and swim.

*edit*

That new Loch area with the giant water droplet looks amazingly badass too. MHY's environmental design team fucking nailed that area. I know we're probably going to "fix" it and calm down the surge of water/air, but I just like the aesthetic so much that I might not.

Last edited:
4.3 splash art:
OYKv78C.jpg
b4M6cIs.jpg
Those are some big... cannons. Chevreuse's kit leak seems accurate with those little bombs.

Free event claymore for 4.3 might be good for Navia:
base ATK 565

Energy Recharge 30.6%

R1

ATK+12% That's not all!

The cheers of Melusine who were helped by you in Merusea Village are full of power, and ATK increases by up to 12% depending on their number.

probably both numbers are 24 at r5
A Melusine themed weapon sounds fun too. I wonder just how much ATK% you're supposed to stack on her.

The cannon art looks so good, damn

Edit.
It gives me Trigger vibes, the more I look at it the more I like it. God damnit. I didn’t want to pull for anyone else and now I’m considering it. Shit.

Last edited:
I thought they took care of quests blocking each other issue by letting player pause quests. I still got location blocked at the start of Archon quest by Neuvi's open quest and then later character blocked due to Wrioth's open quest. I am not seeing any option to pause the other character quests.

Pejo

I thought they took care of quests blocking each other issue by letting player pause quests. I still got location blocked at the start of Archon quest by Neuvi's open quest and then later character blocked due to Wrioth's open quest. I am not seeing any option to pause the other character quests.
I actually don't know how this system works. From my limited experience, I don't think it stops it from happening or maybe doesn't allow a pause, but it will pop up a message when you go to start the quest that tells you which quests would prevent it. I've seen that much at least.

Also, in other news, I can't believe I'm saying this, but that new giant hydro Eidolon boss is actually pretty damn challenging for an ascension material farm boss. Several moves that do 10k+ damage, instant teleports across stage, a "don't let him succ his buddies" mechanic, "floor is lava" circles to dodge. Worse of all, I never really realized how much I lean on my Hydro characters, which are useless in that fight.

I can manage with my Eula team without too much trouble (especially if I get a crit on her burst at the beginning), but I had Shogun get 1 shotted by one if his moves at some point and she has 19k health.

inb4 "Just use your Zhongli bro" which I'm sure would trivialize it.

Anyways, I'm quite happy to see them adding something to push your balls in a bit. Between those new fatui girls that can follow you halfway across the map and basically have Keqing's move to insta-teleport to you, and the consecrated beasts (that everyone but me hates), I'm enjoying this overall increase of general combat difficulty.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Damn, she looks great, animation wise.

And that axe... i've been waiting for an axe in Genshin since launch...

Great animations. When she took out her glasses at the end of the combo, really cool.

I'm not a fan of her aesthetics but I like her animations...however I'm not sure how Geo can really make a comeback.

Yap, they had fixed that but when doing the new Wild Fairy quest I got blocked because of another quest too. Weird.

Last edited:
I actually don't know how this system works. From my limited experience, I don't think it stops it from happening or maybe doesn't allow a pause, but it will pop up a message when you go to start the quest that tells you which quests would prevent it. I've seen that much at least.

The archon quest needs to be initiated by going to Prison dorm area. When I teleported to Prison I accidentally started Wrioth's quest which didn't actually cause any issue as I was able to complete the first step in that and then went to dorm to start the Archon quest. The quest started but after first step it blocked me as Neuvi's quest was also open and the first step is in the same location (his office). I started his quest to unblock that location and went all the way to the end (I think) but next step needs me to go meet Wrioth and he is blocked by his story quest. I thought their new system was supposed to give option to pause quests of choice and continue the one we wanted to. Looks like its not fully functional as expected.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Furina basically made me build my level 0 Jean in a heart beat. From what I was able to see she's one of the top tier healers to pair with her.

Since I wanna try a freeze build I'm probably gonna test Wriothesley, Yelan, Furina and Jean.

Last edited:
This was my latest Archon quest experience:

Wrioth Quest Starts --> Archon Quest Starts --> Neuvi Quest Starts--> Archon Quest --> Wrioth Quest --> Archon Quest --> Neuvi Quest --> Archon Quest ends

:messenger_neutral:

Pejo

This was my latest Archon quest experience:

Wrioth Quest Starts --> Archon Quest Starts --> Neuvi Quest Starts--> Archon Quest --> Wrioth Quest --> Archon Quest --> Neuvi Quest --> Archon Quest ends

:messenger_neutral:
So I guess I should just do Neuvi and Wrio's quests before I even start this patch's Archon Quest? I was going to wait until after but that doesn't seem like an option.

So I guess I should just do Neuvi and Wrio's quests before I even start this patch's Archon Quest? I was going to wait until after but that doesn't seem like an option.
If you have not unlocked their story quest then you are fine. But if you have then better to finish them first.

Navia's axe is really cool. Doubt I'd pull for it though, much too expensive. Chances are she'll run alongside Albedo or Itto, whose weapons I definitely don't need.

I think the quest fix is coming in the future, allowing you to unlock a quest but not yet accept it. The current system only tells you what quest is interfering, but that's not very useful.

I "unlocked" them with a story key but I haven't done the first step of either of them yet, so I guess we'll see how it goes.
You will face the same issues I did if you choose the most optimal teleporter route. You may avoid starting Wrioth quest but Neuvi quest will block location for you for sure. Let me know your experience.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I must be missing something on Furina, because I don't find her burst buff impressive at all.

On my melt team with Wrio, Thoma, Bennet and Kazuha I'm able to hit 120K charge attacks with Wrio.

With a Furina, Yelan, Wrio and Jean team, I'm hitting a mere 40K with max fanfare points. My furina is still level 70, with level 6 talents, but that already means a 51% bonus damage. The difference between charge attacks on the two teams is like night and day.

On my melt team I have 25% more attack from resonance, 20% from bennet's nobless set, 15% more damage in charge attacks thanks to Thoma C6, and still the buff I get from bennet's burst.

Should the difference be this huge?

Should the difference be this huge?
Well, you're comparing two entirely different reactions. Melt is always gonna give a much high damage ceiling than freeze because it gets big multipliers.

Furina's not necessarily better than Bennett for buffing, but she adds a lot of her own personal damage to the rotation. You might kill enemies faster but see lower personal damage for Wrio in that case. Maybe your Wrio's artifacts/build is better suited to melt. Lots of variables in this game to consider.

A more direct comparison would be to use Wrio, Furina, Kazuha, Bennett. You can trigger the melts from Bennett's field and Kazuha's swirl, gaining buffs from all three supports. See how that feels.

Who else has a good use for Golden Troupe?

My Fischl is pretty well equipped for how I want her, but I have a bunch of decent to good pieces left over and don’t want to scrap them all if another character can make good use of them.

Edit
Also, what weapon are you guys running on Wrio? I gave him the Widsith R4, but mainly just for the Crit Dmg.

Last edited:

Pejo

Who else has a good use for Golden Troupe?

My Fischl is pretty well equipped for how I want her, but I have a bunch of decent to good pieces left over and don’t want to scrap them all if another character can make good use of them.
Looking at it, probably Furina, Yae, or Albedo, but I don't think you have any of them. Might be ok for budget Dehya set, but I'd go HP over elemental skill damage.
Also, what weapon are you guys running on Wrio? I gave him the Widsith R4, but mainly just for the Crit Dmg.
I haven't really built him yet, but I gave him my spare lost prayer to the sacred winds as a stat stick with Crit% built in. Widsth is good on just about everyone though. At R5 it outperforms a large portion of the 5* catalysts.

*edit*

More QoL coming next pach:
5LRur4s.png

Instead of just giving us Aritfact Loadouts, they're wasting their time on auto-locking artifacts with specific stats. I mean fine, that's ok, but I'm so used to checking them after a domain/boss run, I don't think it'd save me any times.

ff8B8UP.png

I ain't feelin' like that #2 is a Quality of Life at all, sounds more like a Hindrance of Fun.

Last edited:

deanote666

DWJXow6.jpg
The whale is literally the final boss from Chrono Trigger, Lavos.

Sucking energy from the planet, fated to destroy the world.

Fight the outer shell, fight a humanoid inside it.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Well, you're comparing two entirely different reactions. Melt is always gonna give a much high damage ceiling than freeze because it gets big multipliers.

Furina's not necessarily better than Bennett for buffing, but she adds a lot of her own personal damage to the rotation. You might kill enemies faster but see lower personal damage for Wrio in that case. Maybe your Wrio's artifacts/build is better suited to melt. Lots of variables in this game to consider.

A more direct comparison would be to use Wrio, Furina, Kazuha, Bennett. You can trigger the melts from Bennett's field and Kazuha's swirl, gaining buffs from all three supports. See how that feels.
Need to try that out to see how it performs, except with Jean, since she is key to hit max fanfare points in a hearbeat. I also have VV set on her.

I'll also try it out with Bennet, but since his burst only heals one party member at a time, it would take more time to achieve max fanfare points.

Probably since the goal is a freeze comp I should be running two cryo instead of two hydro, no?

Last edited:
My conflicting quest woes are still continuing. I am doing Neuvi and Wrioth's quest side by side now. My advice would be to finish Wrioth's quest first as that location is part of pretty much all other quests.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
9my05eoepjzb1.jpg

Apperantly we have a "new queen in the throne". I used quotation marks because well, this website is not always very accurate :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Pejo

9my05eoepjzb1.jpg

Apperantly we have a "new queen in the throne". I used quotation marks because well, this website is not always very accurate :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I'm not sure how to read this image. Maybe it's a "point in time" snapshot because the most profitable banner so far (CN iOS) was Yelan/Hu Tao reruns. If this is just 5~ days into each banner, then maybe it makes sense?

I honestly thought the revenue would be hurt a bit by most people not having anything to pull on for like a year and having a stockpile of primos.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Think I found my confy freeze team - Wrio, Furina, Charlotte, Zhongli.

Zhongli with tenacity for 20% ATK when shield pops up, Charlotte with nobless for extra 20% ATK when I do the burst.

Can't still achieve high numbers on the charge attack, but NA seems to achieve higher numbers than melt/burn when the all things are set to motion: Zhongli's shield, Furina burst, Charlotte burst and Wrio gets in.

Wish I had gotten more Charlotte constellations.

Last edited:
My conflicting quest woes are still continuing. I am doing Neuvi and Wrioth's quest side by side now. My advice would be to finish Wrioth's quest first as that location is part of pretty much all other quests.
I had some weird hiccups too. I was forced to switch back and forth between Neuvi's quest and the archon quest multiple times. I noticed that new system I mentioned before is already in place though. I was able to unlock Furina's quest without activating it. So this should be the last time this happens.

Speaking of the archon quest, it was good with lotsa drama and emotional impact, but how the story was written left little room for the cast to shine. Furina only gets a few scenes to preserve her mysterious part in the story. Arlecchino was disappointingly boring. Even the traveler's presence felt unnecessary. The only character with agency throughout was Neuvillette. His story is pretty interesting, but was it worth sacrificing everything else to tell it? I'm not so sure.

I really dislike how she's AKSHUALLY the lackey of some other dude. Please be excited for future mystery characters! That's what Skirk already was, and simply doing it again comes off as poor bait. The downfall of Fontaine being the result of Skirk "forgetting" to deal with the Narwhal is just... terrible writing. She got rid of it in a second, and she's supposed to be playable at some point? I won't be able suspend my disbelief enough when she turns out to be on the same level as normal vision holders.

I'm sure Pejo Pejo will appreciate all the lore drops, but I didn't really get many of the references or implications. When the teacup starts talking and Paimon references this happened before in Sumeru, I was stumped. The story is told at a snail's pace and there's too many characters, factions, concepts etc. to keep track of.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Me pulling Furina and realizing after completing the Archon quest that I pulled for a fake archon:

Sad John Cena GIF

I now officially regret not pulling for Neuvilette.

Still quest is awesome and very well written. Kudos to Hoyoverse writers on this one.

Last edited:

Pejo

Man it's been hell trying to avoid the Archon Quest spoilers. I really need to finish it soon so I can not worry about it.

In other news VERY early appearance leaks of Murata (Natlan Archon)

BHYZupBL_o.jpg

*edit*

Navia and Chevreuse vs. enemies. I really wish the leakers made more relevant videos, this makes them both look horrible.
Text link because imgur/GAF shenanigans.

Last edited:
Finished the Archon Quest before I get spoiled in the main subreddit, Lore subreddit, and Leaks subreddit. And I call confidently call this the best AQ by far. Took my whole day yesterday because I had to do both 4.1 and 4.2 Archon Quests.

Played both back to back... I started at around 2PM and finished it around Midnight with little breaks. It was a ride!

sensor

Finished the Archon Quest before I get spoiled in the main subreddit, Lore subreddit, and Leaks subreddit. And I call confidently call this the best AQ by far. Took my whole day yesterday because I had to do both 4.1 and 4.2 Archon Quests.

Played both back to back... I started at around 2PM and finished it around Midnight with little breaks. It was a ride!

Don't think I could have done the both of them back-to-back. 4.1 archon quest was way too slow and long for my liking, despite the interesting story development and sequences at the end. I agree that Masquerade of the Guilty is easily the best story set piece in the game so far, though, despite a few small writing missteps. Furina/Fontaine's arc felt pretty satisfying and a stark contrast to the fumbling of Raiden/Inazuma.

Made me dip into my Arlecchino reserves to pull for Furina after initially not planning to. Definitely don't regret it.

Pejo

I haven't even started the archon quest, nor Wrio's or Neuvi's quests, so I knew damn well there was no way I'd get it done before the reset.

Ended up trying out the new world boss out of context, using that new "fight the boss despite not beating the story" mechanic, worked well enough.

Visually, probably the best one yet. The arena is unique and cool looking, the music is unsettling, the scale and enormity of the boss is really cool/interesting.

But.

It's one of those fucking "can't do shit to me while I float around" dickheads like the underground worm that I absolutely HATE to fight. God dammit MHY, you almost nailed it.

*edit*

4aWKebd.jpg

Last edited:
Don't think I could have done the both of them back-to-back. 4.1 archon quest was way too slow and long for my liking, despite the interesting story development and sequences at the end. I agree that Masquerade of the Guilty is easily the best story set piece in the game so far, though, despite a few small writing missteps. Furina/Fontaine's arc felt pretty satisfying and a stark contrast to the fumbling of Raiden/Inazuma.

Made me dip into my Arlecchino reserves to pull for Furina after initially not planning to. Definitely don't regret it.
I got extremely lucky with my Furina pull. I got a Diluc in the first 3 pulls then got Furina in another 52 pulls. I have 585 pulls to do. Now I save for Navia, Clorinde, and Arlecchino.

I still didn't have the time to explore fully the previous desert area and the newly added Fontaine areas in 4.1 and 4.2, so I can get some Primogems if I really need.

I'm already hitting my character desire threshold because of all the teams I can make, now I only pull for characters I really want (Archons and Harbingers) or have unique kits. The only characters I didn't pull for but want are Neuvillette and Al-haitham (less for the kit, just because he is cool).

sensor

I got extremely lucky with my Furina pull. I got a Diluc in the first 3 pulls then got Furina in another 52 pulls. I have 585 pulls to do. Now I save for Navia, Clorinde, and Arlecchino.

I still didn't have the time to explore fully the previous desert area and the newly added Fontaine areas in 4.1 and 4.2, so I can get some Primogems if I really need.

I'm already hitting my character desire threshold because of all the teams I can make, now I only pull for characters I really want (Archons and Harbingers) or have unique kits. The only characters I didn't pull for but want are Neuvillette and Al-haitham (less for the kit, just because he is cool).

Nice, great pulls. Yeah, I'm in a similar boat in regards to new characters. I have a hyperinvested Yelan at C4R2 who is obviously insane, so I was weighing it up in my mind as to whether Furina would still be as valuable to my account. But the archon quest tipped the balance, I love hydro characters and I couldn't miss out on Furina, and it turns out she's amazing in her own right and there isn't as much overlap with Yelan as I thought. In fact I'm running a silly mono-hydro team with Furina/Yelan/XQ/Kokomi that is surprisingly fun, Furina opens up a lot of other teams, including some with my boy Cyno who hasn't had much love from supports so far prior to Furina.

Cyno/Furina/Nahida/Baizhu in particular feels really strong to me.

Last edited:
I'm doing Furina's story quest right now, and it's insane how often you can just cut half the lines without losing any meaning in the dialogue. These people need better editors.

Another issue I'm having is that I have too much enhancement ore. I couldn't hold more so they sent my Abyss rewards to the mail system! I didn't even know that was possible. So now I'm just upgrading random junk or I won't be able to do anything...

Pejo

For those planning out their resources:

SLxE00e.jpeg

There's no mention of it, but I'm almost 100% positive that they're gonna stick Chevreuse on the 2nd half reruns.

Interesting. What happened to Itto and Albedo? Navia's weapon banner is gonna be pretty decent. Yoimiya shilling continues, not that I'm complaining.

I wonder when we'll see Kirara featured again.

deanote666

For the puzzle with the storm barrier surrounding the torches east of Lucha Urania, you can drop Gouba inside the barrier if you get close enough to light them without actually solving the puzzle.

Top Bottom