• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Since her burst gives a lot of damage% then HP/HP/Crit should be optimal.
Just looked into it, seems like you need to get 40k health to max out her ascension talent. You'd probably need at least two artifacts with HP% main stat to get that. She also ascends with crit rate, I did not know that.

Since my hydro goblets suck I'm sticking with HP/HP/CDMG.

deanote666

Wait, have they expired already?
Unfortunately, they expire at 11:59pm EST the same day of the stream as far as I know. At least for the American server.
Anybody already farmed artifacts for furina?

Are you going HP/HP/Hydro or HP/Crit/Hydro?

My current build is sitting at 50% CR, 115% CD, 178% ER and 96 EM.

Looks nice but I think CD is too low for now. I'm gonna use her as support but still...
What set is everyone farming?

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Just looked into it, seems like you need to get 40k health to max out her ascension talent. You'd probably need at least two artifacts with HP% main stat to get that. She also ascends with crit rate, I did not know that.

Since my hydro goblets suck I'm sticking with HP/HP/CDMG.

Yeah, dived in a bit more on how to build her and what makes most sense is HP/HP/CDMG. She needs a ton of ER thought.

Tweaked a bit with the insane farming artifacts I did for Wrio and came up with this build for Furina:

EfWHi50.jpg

She ascends 19.2% Crit rate, so I have 50.6% CR.

Set is 4 piece golden troupe. Weapon is R2 Festering Desire. Didn't farmed the weapon all the way up to R5 back in the day. RIP.

Last edited:
sDCpqZd.png
This is my Golden Troupe build for now. I placed all my artifacts on Yelan since she's an HP scaling character too (I assume starting HP value will be similar) and she also ascends with CR. Only she can't hold Festering Desire, so I just edited in the total ER that would give. Add 12% CR from R5 weapon and it's looking pretty balanced with a little over 40k health. Quite satisfied with the end result.

I thought it never rained in Fontaine due to the hydro puzzle mechanism. Yesterday it was raining a long time in the Elynas and the artifact domain region.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
What's up with that beautifully-written letter to Neuvillette in the Caterpillar side quest? 😂

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
R5 Pipe sword or R1 Festering Desire for Furina?

Both have ER as main stat. At R5 Pipe sword increases Elemental Skill CRIT Rate by 16%. Additionally, increases Energy Recharge by 32% for 5s after using an Elemental Skill.

R1 Festering Desire increase elemental damage by 16% and elemental skill CR by 6%.

Last edited:

jonnyXx

R5 Pipe sword or R1 Festering Desire for Furina?

Both have ER as main stat. At R5 Pipe sword increases Elemental Skill CRIT Rate by 16%. Additionally, increases Energy Recharge by 32% for 5s after using an Elemental Skill.

R1 Festering Desire increase elemental damage by 16% and elemental skill CR by 6%.
They're probably very close, maybe just stick with Festering if you've already leveled it.

Btw Furina doesn't make good use of the additional ER passive on the pipe because her skill doesn't generate particles on casting, rather her summons generate particles over an extended period of time similar to Fischl.

Pejo

My god, in case you ever wanted to see what a cursed weapon banner looks like:

xvxlnybzjnyb1.jpg

Imagine getting 6x The Bell and then losing pity to the Mint Donut.

At least it has Sac Sword, which is good for quite a few characters, I guess. Still, any new-ish players - Don't.

Drip marketing for Navia and Chevreuse:
Chevreuse has a rifle! That's exciting. Makes her look like a redcoat or something. I saw some rumors that she'd be focused on overload gameplay. That might be fun. Kinda worried that they might pull another Dehya and make Navia a standard character. That was rumored for a while, but it has faded into the background recently.

Chevreuse has a rifle! That's exciting. Makes her look like a redcoat or something. I saw some rumors that she'd be focused on overload gameplay. That might be fun. Kinda worried that they might pull another Dehya and make Navia a standard character. That was rumored for a while, but it has faded into the background recently.
they look good, interesting…. Going to have to make some hard decisions

Last edited:

Pejo

Chevreuse looks like an even more censored grape Amber with a gun.

Pejo

Watch her gun be a burst only animation where she shots a mega huge bullet and that's it.
Honkai Impact recently had a character that goes into first person sniping mode (all you can see is the crosshairs down the scope) when she uses her ultimate, and when you shoot an enemies it applies damage buffs against them. I'm betting they're bringing that over, if I had to guess. Nothing to animate!

Pejo

I once had a Crit Rate hat that was CD/ATK/ATK% when I started and it rolled consecutively into flat DEF every single time. I kept going because I couldn't believe it, but it actually happened. I don't think I even foddered it, I think it's still in my inventory. I'll post it later if I still have it.

There's no way the stat weight is equal.

jonnyXx

You weren't wrong when it ignored crit rate but the other rolls went into atk % and ER.
This is still really good...unless it was intended for Furina.
Can be used as an off piece on other characters.

I once had a Crit Rate hat that was CD/ATK/ATK% when I started and it rolled consecutively into flat DEF every single time. I kept going because I couldn't believe it, but it actually happened. I don't think I even foddered it, I think it's still in my inventory. I'll post it later if I still have it.

There's no way the stat weight is equal.
I remember the first time this happened to me. Got really excited when I got a Blizzard Strayer plume for my Chongyun with CR/CD/ATK% and then it rolled DEF at lvl4, then DEF at lvl8, DEF again at lvl12, again at lvl16. It was so soul crushing that I gave up on a Blizzard set and never went back to that domain.

Pejo

So Chevreuse's kit sounds pretty cool for a healer. Basically overloads give her "ammo" that she uses to enhance her skill. Looks like she got the Kirara/Shinobu treatment though, her skill is good and then for her burst they're just like "whatever, fuck you, here's some stupid shit".

cRRDvPu.jpeg

Pejo

New web event:
Rewards:
gfVTHKl.jpg
I didn't mind that one so much. At least it's not one of the multi-day ones where you have to remember to check in and do meaningless tasks every day for a pittance.

I haven't been watching trailers/special programs for the last few patches, but the Furina trailers were both pretty fucking great.

I wouldn't say I'm terribly excited to see what happens in Fontaine, but that might just be due to burnout.

My guess before the update goes live is:

Fontaine has already been swallowed up by the prophecy flood. All of the citizens of Fontaine are their actual consciousnesses but presented as Oceanids/Eidolons and even they don't know it. Basically, they took the Klee summer event where the whole park was essentially a play and illusion made up from the Oceanid's Eidolons, and made the entire nation of Fontaine like that. Explains why the trials are actually like plays more than trials, because it's all meaningless. I think Furina lost her power tied to Neuvi being reincarnated, so she's just like a figurehead. I think this proves that Celestia has gone dark/powerless too, since it doesn't seem like they give a fuck about the Gnosi being taken nor the fate of Teyvat.

I haven't played any of the 4.1 area world quests nor Neuvi/Wrio's story quests, so there are probably many details I'm missing, but that's my general feel of what the story is gonna be.

Pejo

Is Furina worth at C0? I keep crossing paths with tons of videos saying C1 and C2 is practically mandatory.

Zhongli GIF
I'm only going C0. There's always reruns if that turns out to be true.

Put it this way, is there any content that you can't clear with whatever off-field Hydro characters you currently have (likely Xingqiu and Yelan). The answer is almost certainly "no".

Now if you like Furina and want to use her a lot and want to make her stronger; go for it.

I'd really like to get her weapon just because it's so aesthetic for her, but ain't no way in hell I'm chancing that weapon banner. I'll wait til she hopefully reruns with something better. Ideally the EM sword or Elegy bow.

*edit*

Had to look up her first two constellations since I hadn't looked since they moved the "fun" one to C6 in the beta.

Is this worth potentially 300 rolls or several hundred dollars (if you lose all the 50/50s) to you?
glfrTMp.jpg

They may have baited me if they left the C6 as the old C2, but just for damage increase of the little creaturas? nah.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I'm only going C0. There's always reruns if that turns out to be true.

Put it this way, is there any content that you can't clear with whatever off-field Hydro characters you currently have (likely Xingqiu and Yelan). The answer is almost certainly "no".

Now if you like Furina and want to use her a lot and want to make her stronger; go for it.

I'd really like to get her weapon just because it's so aesthetic for her, but ain't no way in hell I'm chancing that weapon banner. I'll wait til she hopefully reruns with something better. Ideally the EM sword or Elegy bow.

*edit*

Had to look up her first two constellations since I hadn't looked since they moved the "fun" one to C6 in the beta.

Is this worth potentially 300 rolls or several hundred dollars (if you lose all the 50/50s) to you?
glfrTMp.jpg

They may have baited me if they left the C6 as the old C2, but just for damage increase of the little creaturas? nah.

I'm more interesting in getting Charlotte and a couple of her constellations and a C0 Furina. Time to build my freeze team.

Also will need to save for mamma Clorinde and Arlecchino.

Is Furina worth at C0? I keep crossing paths with tons of videos saying C1 and C2 is practically mandatory.
Worth is subjective. She's definitely potent at only C0. It's not like you're getting a handicapped character that needs to be fixed with cons. Theorycrafters do say C1 and C2 are huge powerspikes though.

Furina's C1 is apparently at the same level as Raiden's and Nahida's C2. Furina's C2 used to be her C6, and it's still at that level. Just getting C2 makes her feel like any other C6 character. That's how busted those early cons are. Supposedly.

We don't know for sure until she releases though. There's no pressure to get those cons immediately anyway.

Pejo

That Geo set sounds busted for Zhongli. Is his shield considered to be created through a crystallized reaction?
he does create shards when his stele pulses hit enemies with elements on them, but his created shield is not crystallized by default, no. Basically Mono Geo is kinda fucked by this set unless the enemies are in water or something to apply an element other than Geo.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
he does create shards when his stele pulses hit enemies with elements on them, but his created shield is not crystallized by default, no. Basically Mono Geo is kinda fucked by this set unless the enemies are in water or something to apply an element other than Geo.
mr bean whatever GIF

So Navia's getting Geo infusion after all. Good to know. I was a bit worried about that. Couldn't imagine a DPS without constant element application. With her high amount of ATK% bonuses, her weapon options seem limited. On the plus side, that means no Bennet.

Pejo

So Navia's getting Geo infusion after all. Good to know. I was a bit worried about that. Couldn't imagine a DPS without constant element application. With her high amount of ATK% bonuses, her weapon options seem limited. On the plus side, that means no Bennet.
To me she sounds like a replacement to Albedo in teams that used him more than an on-field DPS, but I guess we'll see how she plays. Hopefully unlike Albedo she doesn't have a construct that can't even form on certain surfaces and doesn't get blown apart by a boss's cough. Albedo would be an excellent 'additional damage' or off-field subDPS character if his construct wasn't made of tissue paper.

It would be nice to have a proper ATK scaling Geo DPS that didn't require the usual mono Geo garbage characters though. And we're more than due for an on-fielder female.

Pejo

Man, my first 10x pull on Furina's banner went Gold, with my last pull being Wrio. I was hyped to the moon, only to get C6 Tighnari'd. I lost the last 4 50/50s to him in a row. Furina came on pull 73 afterwards. At least I got 4 Charlottes on the way up, So Furina and C3 Charlotte in 80 pulls total.

I really like the aesthetics of that sword, but I'm gonna hold off and pass on this banner and wait for hopefully a better one down the line. Already got my Festering Desire at level 90 R5 for her anyways, despite it not looking as cool.

So I used her a bit in the friendship/dailies team just messing around with Hilichurls and stuff. I'm in a bit of a conundrum.

First of all, I clearly didn't pay close enough attention to the leaks to realize that her attack mode drains HP from all characters at once (even off-fielders) but her healing mode only heals the active member. Bullshit is what that is, so either you need to run her with a healer or a hypercarry then top off after each encounter.

Secondly, I'm considering her for my Shenhe/Chongus/Jean freeze team, replacing Yelan. On one hand, she has 100% uptime on her pets and Hydro application. It'd make the timing a lot less tight when using Chongus' skill as imbue for Shenhe, on top of using Yelan's burst and getting more than just a few seconds of maximum damage. On the other hand, the constant full party HP drain sucks and she probably won't have near the amount of burst damage than Yelan offers with her Burst, which helps when fighting enemies that are immune to freeze.

I'm not gonna be able to get a real feel for it until I get her built out anyways, but man I think worse than with any other Fontaine character yet, her HP drain mechanic feels fucking shitty.

*edit*

Some QoL leaks for 4.3:

1. Removed all pop-up windows from enhancements, incl levelling up characters, weapons & artifacts
  2. Added quick select for the # of EXP books used when levelling up characters
  3. Increased # of slots of fodder used when levelling artifacts to 15
  4. Added new incremental artifact upgrade function: when levelling artifacts with quick select, the artifact will be levelled from 4 > 8 > 12 > 16 > 20, even if said artifact is currently lv3 with lots of free fodder slots, quick select will still only upgrade it to the next increment of lv4, unless the player manually selects otherwise. This function can be turned off.
  5. Optimised domain runs: when repeating a domain, the player character will immediately appear at the position of the key, voiding the need to run to the key from the starting platform

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
First of all, I clearly didn't pay close enough attention to the leaks to realize that her attack mode drains HP from all characters at once (even off-fielders) but her healing mode only heals the active member. Bullshit is what that is, so either you need to run her with a healer or a hypercarry then top off after each encounter.

That's kind of bad. You don't have that many healers that are capable of healing the entire party in one go. The only one that's coming to my mind is Yao-yao with her burst...and Qiqi redemption arc incoming?

Last edited:
My pulls didn't go great either unfortunately. I was already at 70 pity from trying to get Kirara (failed). My first ten pull got me Tighnari. I didn't have him yet And I'll never use him so he represents a single acquaint fate to me. Got nothing but a bunch of mostly useless weapons and dupes. Took 80 wishes before I got my only copy of Charlotte and Furina.

Really hoped it would go better after months of waiting and several lost 50/50s in a row. Hardly got anything of use and no fun surprises. This was a character I just wanted to get quick and painlessly. Thanks a bunch MHY. On the upside I still have 450+ pulls left.

Utamaru1706

Neo Member
That's kind of bad. You don't have that many healers that are capable of healing the entire party in one go. The only one that's coming to my mind is Yao-yao with her burst...and Qiqi redemption arc incoming?
Barbara (burst)
Jean (burst)
Sayu (burst)
Yao Yao (burst)
Mika (burst)
Baizhu (skill)

All of these characters can burst heal your entire party, and there's also others who can heal your party gradually, like Kokomi (burst), Barbara (skill), Qiqi (skill), Noelle (burst), and the Prototype Amber weapon (effect active during burst), so there's definitely some options available to counter Furina's HP drain.

TBH, Barbara is Furina's best partner for F2P or early game, since you can get her for free, but later you prolly want to use someone like Jean or Baizhu instead, since they could give something more than heals (Jean can use VV, and also buffs + debuff from her constellations, while Baizhu can also give shield + damage buff to Dendro reaction).

jonnyXx

Barbara (burst)
Jean (burst)
Sayu (burst)
Yao Yao (burst)
Mika (burst)
Baizhu (skill)

All of these characters can burst heal your entire party, and there's also others who can heal your party gradually, like Kokomi (burst), Barbara (skill), Qiqi (skill), Noelle (burst), and the Prototype Amber weapon (effect active during burst), so there's definitely some options available to counter Furina's HP drain.

TBH, Barbara is Furina's best partner for F2P or early game, since you can get her for free, but later you prolly want to use someone like Jean or Baizhu instead, since they could give something more than heals (Jean can use VV, and also buffs + debuff from her constellations, while Baizhu can also give shield + damage buff to Dendro reaction).

Also Charlotte.
Yea Furina pretty much requires a team wide healer but look at it this way, those characters are now more desirable and have more use thanks to Furina.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
77 pulls and got 4 Collei (C6'ed her), 1 Charlotte and 1 Furina.

Still packing 106 wishes. I would prefer more Charlottes, but can't actually complain since I won 50/50.

Last edited:
Top Bottom