• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

deanote666

Encountered a long quest regarding the bird outside of the steam bird.

Me: There was a bird there?

Last conversation in that quest after everything that happened got dark pretty fast with the person's tongue being cut out

Pejo

Man, they finally did a team demo similar as to what you'd use with Navia and it.... doesn't look great to me...

There's like zero flow to her kit, it just looks awkward and janky to play, regardless of strength. The stopping to aim mechanic is shit with Charlotte, and it looks to remain shit with Navia and Chev.

That said, this is a leaker playing the game and we all know how skilled they are. What do you guys think?

What do you guys think?
Doesn't look particularly janky to me. I assume she has interruption resistance when charging her shot, and you seem to be able to collect that "ammo" even without sucking up crystals, so quick taps should work fine in most situations.

To me it does come down to the strength of those shots. If you're doing all this setup and it deals little damage, it won't feel like it's worth it.

SSfox

Hi everyone i'm back

So it's time to build a new team: I'm thinking about Himeko, Pela, March, Asta....... then i may swtich MC fire for March in team 1 so team 2 will be full fire

I think i mostly need a second healer RN, but don't plan on pulling HH but rather trying getting Lynx on upcoming Silver Wolf Banner

1700077626-18bd47f515615-screenshoturl.jpg

THOUGHS?

PS: I'm still playing GI but i'm just shilling RN and taking break from it after big Archon quest.

Last edited:

Pejo

I assume she has interruption resistance when charging her shot, and you seem to be able to collect that "ammo" even without sucking up crystals, so quick taps should work fine in most situations.
The mixing close ranged imbued axe combat with ranged/hold to succ gameplay looks at odds with itself. She clearly doesn't have "enough" interruption resist or the leaker wouldn't be using Zhongli on that team.

What's worse is supposedly the imbue only lasts for a few seconds, so you're probably stuck bringing her in to succ/pewpew/swap back out. Maybe you're right, but this doesn't activate my monkey neurons. I really hate the "over the shoulder" aiming they've decided to go with for Neuvi/Charlotte and now Navia and Chev. It wasn't as bad with Nahida because you didn't need to hold it past getting the "lock on" but Charlotte feels absolutely awful to play, in my opinion.

Last edited:
The mixing close ranged imbued axe combat with ranged/hold to succ gameplay looks at odds with itself. She clearly doesn't have "enough" interruption resist or the leaker wouldn't be using Zhongli on that team.

What's worse is supposedly the imbue only lasts for a few seconds, so you're probably stuck bringing her in to succ/pewpew/swap back out. Maybe you're right, but this doesn't activate my monkey neurons. I really hate the "over the shoulder" aiming they've decided to go with for Neuvi/Charlotte and now Navia and Chev. It wasn't ass bad with Nahida because you didn't need to hold it past getting the "lock on" but Charlotte feels absolutely awful to play, in my opinion.
Doesn't Itto throw his bull buddy a distance too? I think the aimed shot just exists for hitting weak spots and such, with the tap version being more usable in melee ranges. Kinda assumed he just used Zhongli for resistance shred, but who's to say. Navia gets geo infusion after using her skill, which has two charges, so I assume you can get quite a few attacks in before running out.

I can see why you're worried, but I'll stay cautiously optimistic. I think she's designed to be a quick swap character that works with Furina. As long as she works okay in that role, I won't be mad.

Charlotte does feel terrible to play, but that's because her zoom takes forever and she has no interruption resistance. I assume they fix those two things for a 5-star like Navia, just like they did with Nahida.

Pejo

Doesn't Itto throw his bull buddy a distance too? I think the aimed shot just exists for hitting weak spots and such, with the tap version being more usable in melee ranges. Kinda assumed he just used Zhongli for resistance shred, but who's to say. Navia gets geo infusion after using her skill, which has two charges, so I assume you can get quite a few attacks in before running out.
Resistance shred is meaningless in this showcase since the damage numbers are essentially made up and mean nothing, but I get what you're saying. Hopefully they were using Zhongli to showcase what an actual Navia team would look like and not just to prevent her from getting interrupted every 3 seconds. Itto uses the simplified aiming method for his bull, like Yaoyao, Albedo, and to an extent Amber. He's not aiming so much as he is dropping with force. I didn't realize she got 2 skill uses out of the box so yea that's not terrible. I hope the tap is effective because I still don't like the idea of pausing gameplay to aim an over-the shoulder reticle between axe swings.
I can see why you're worried, but I'll stay cautiously optimistic. I think she's designed to be a quick swap character that works with Furina. As long as she works okay in that role, I won't be mad.
I was hoping more for a female hypercarry for a change, but apparently we aren't allowed any more of those.
Charlotte does feel terrible to play, but that's because her zoom takes forever and she has no interruption resistance. I assume they fix those two things for a 5-star like Navia, just like they did with Nahida.
Hope you're right, I would love for Navia to be fun. I like everything about her other than the previews of the gameplay so far. But then again it's leakers showcasing her, so....

Furina is a nice Quality of Life for freeze teams and has a lot of buffing upside, but she's not exciting. Other than Wrio and surprisingly Lynette, Fontaine has been a bust for me for fun charaters. That HP mechanic stuff fucking kills my OCD from decades of having my JRPG party members topped off at all times out of battle. I guess I've rediscovered Statues of the Seven as a gameplay mechanic though.

jonnyXx

Somebody actually took the time to make a mod for Aloy. Zero resin behavior for sure. They apparently like her more than Sony does, though.
655527a19956c.jpg
I thought those were drawings, had to look again to notice it's the actual game model. Looks so much better.

I was hoping more for a female hypercarry for a change, but apparently we aren't allowed any more of those.
Sounds like that play style is semi-locked behind cons. As usual. But she's got some stuff in her kit that encourages on-field carry gameplay. If you can make Shenhe work, Navia should be a breeze.

I'm also expecting at least one of Clorinde, Chiori and Arlecchino to be an on-field carry. If not, I'll riot.

Hope you're right, I would love for Navia to be fun. I like everything about her other than the previews of the gameplay so far. But then again it's leakers showcasing her, so....
Nuances of gameplay are hard to grasp when it's characters hitting an invincible wall that doesn't react to attacks. It's cool to see the animations, but I don't put much value on these leaked vids. I remember getting mad about Yelan back then, and she turned out great in practice.

Furina is a nice Quality of Life for freeze teams and has a lot of buffing upside, but she's not exciting. Other than Wrio and surprisingly Lynette, Fontaine has been a bust for me for fun charaters. That HP mechanic stuff fucking kills my OCD from decades of having my JRPG party members topped off at all times out of battle. I guess I've rediscovered Statues of the Seven as a gameplay mechanic though.
Gotta agree here. She doesn't exactly offer comfy gameplay, making her unappealing to use in many situations. I'm hopeful future characters may make her more bearable to use. Maybe Sigewinne or Cloud Retainer will be perfect for her. Then I can just build a completely Fontaine team. For variety's sake.

Pejo

Snagged a PS Portal and playing both Star Rail and Genshin on it feels really cool.

My portable Genshin Days are finally a reality.

Bruce Harwood Happy Cry GIF
Too bad they won't just free the mobile controller support from Apple. I'd love to be able to sync my Dualsense to my phone for when I'm on trips and want to play, but apparently it was an Apple exclusive feature for likely some level of promotion in the Apple Store.

I did a tutorial post like 300 pages ago on getting Genshin working on Steam Deck. It played really well once you were in the game, but there were a lot of annoyances to get to that point and I wouldn't say it's worth it unless you have other needs to install Windows on a Deck. Wish Genshin had a Steam version just for the Deck to make it easier. I think MHY took the exclusivity bux from Timmy to have the game only on Epic though.
I still don't get that, at least Deck is a compelling reason to have the game on Steam, but why on earth would you WANT to add EGS launcher to the mix on PC for no benefit?

Anyways, glad it works well for you. I wish the Portal was something else other than just a second screen, I love portable tech but can't convince myself that I need one for all that it does.
Sounds like that play style is semi-locked behind cons. As usual. But she's got some stuff in her kit that encourages on-field carry gameplay. If you can make Shenhe work, Navia should be a breeze.

I'm also expecting at least one of Clorinde, Chiori and Arlecchino to be an on-field carry. If not, I'll riot.
Here's hoping. I kinda don't want any more Fontaine carries though if they're all gonna have the HP garbage. Hope Natlan doesn't have a gimmick that punishes the player just for existing.
Nuances of gameplay are hard to grasp when it's characters hitting an invincible wall that doesn't react to attacks. It's cool to see the animations, but I don't put much value on these leaked vids. I remember getting mad about Yelan back then, and she turned out great in practice.
Yea I'll wait until we get the beta leaks, they're a lot more reliable and generally the players are a little more fluent with the gameplay.
Gotta agree here. She doesn't exactly offer comfy gameplay, making her unappealing to use in many situations. I'm hopeful future characters may make her more bearable to use. Maybe Sigewinne or Cloud Retainer will be perfect for her. Then I can just build a completely Fontaine team. For variety's sake.
It'd be better if her Oceanid pet healed the whole party. Even at small amounts per tick. It's bullshit that she succs the party's HP but then only heals one active character. I get that they're trying to make you use a healer with her, but if that's the case, why even have her heal at all. I'd rather it was the 3 pets that do what they currently do then her Oceanid provided ATK or CDMG buffs or a brand new effect instead, at the expense of no Hydro application. Having a weak single target heal that's stuck to the ground is just worthless.

Pejo

New Star Rail male character design. Wish Genshin would get some of these better male designs than the twigs and twinks we mostly get.

g0dxhj0d951c1.jpg

Pejo

I know I waited until the last minute here, but bros, what the fuck did they do to Misty Dungeon? It used to be a short but fun dungeon raid where you had to explore, dodge traps, collect buffs etc. Now it's just a "go the only way you can go and fight 4 waves of easy as fuck enemies"
200.gif

It used to be one of the few combat type events that I actually enjoyed too, damn. Low IQ Survey Taker Impact wins again.

jonnyXx

I know I waited until the last minute here, but bros, what the fuck did they do to Misty Dungeon? It used to be a short but fun dungeon raid where you had to explore, dodge traps, collect buffs etc. Now it's just a "go the only way you can go and fight 4 waves of easy as fuck enemies"
200.gif

It used to be one of the few combat type events that I actually enjoyed too, damn. Low IQ Survey Taker Impact wins again.
Yea I was excited for another combat event until I realized it was brain dead easy with no difficulty options. You could go straight to the final battle in the trial for more challenging enemies but that's a strange way of managing difficulty: Increase difficulty by not doing most of it.

Also I was really disappointed when the second trial unlocked and the map layout is exactly the same. I thought each trial would have unique more increasingly complex maps. Instead it's the same basic layout for every trial. The event should be called Misty Room instead of Misty Dungeon.

deanote666

The misty event was a drag, took a lot to get me to do it but them primos... round 2 especially since it was all pyro types.

To be honest, I don't really do what the battle events want me to do anyway. I ignore the buffs, etc. and just unga bunga it till it finishes.

They should bring back the Childe event from 2.× which was actually fun to do and allowed you to use whatever team you want.

After doing Furina's story quest, I'm surprised Fontaine isn't just one giant orphanage. Every other NPC was abandoned, smuggled, sold and/or sexually abused as a kid in this place. Kinda weird seeing how couples have to ask for a blessing from a fountain to even get a kid.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Did they ever brought back that early game event where you fought Ruin Guards and other enemies with other players in co-op in Mondstadt?

This game, I swear, could be great for co-op and it's utterly wasted.

Last edited:

deanote666

Did they ever brought back that early game event where you fought Ruin Guards and other enemies with other players in co-op in Mondstadt?

This game, I swear, could be great for co-op and it's utterly wasted.
Would be interesting but they have yet to do a direct rerun of an event.

I kind of miss taking on event bosses with randoms.

I also liked the Hypotasis cubes on steroids and the Co-op missions with modifiers/limiters which had multi Maagu Kenki, Rhodia etc. bosses which gave ranks based on time taken, damage done etc. We don't get events like those anymore. Even the ones where we had invisible platforms that you had to cross, disappearing platforms you had to survive etc.

Last edited:

Ya this is something I don’t understand.
They could totally do huge bosses where you team up with 3 other players, just like Monster Hunter. The game is begging for something like this. Huge wasted opportunity and potential here.

Pejo

Ya this is something I don’t understand.
They could totally do huge bosses where you team up with 3 other players, just like Monster Hunter. The game is begging for something like this. Huge wasted opportunity and potential here.
I'm completely dumbfounded that we don't have 4-8 man raids in Genshin yet. Pick your role (defender/dps/healer), enter a stage with multiple people and branching paths. Each person has to set out with 1-2 others and solve a series of co-op puzzles, fight a few tougher than average enemies, then you meet back up at the end for a big (tough) boss.

It'd be so much fun.

I'm completely dumbfounded that we don't have 4-8 man raids in Genshin yet. Pick your role (defender/dps/healer), enter a stage with multiple people and branching paths. Each person has to set out with 1-2 others and solve a series of co-op puzzles, fight a few tougher than average enemies, then you meet back up at the end for a big (tough) boss.

It'd be so much fun.
So much this. They already seemingly have the infrastructure for it too, just implement it already.
I know a mode like this would interest many people I know.

It would also give people a chance to actually flex with their built characters too. It’s literally a win-win.

Nankatsu

Gold Member

It'd be so much fun.

Too stressful. Genshin players don't know how to communicate with each other.

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

Last edited:
Yup, too hard and stressful for Genshin's babby gamers. I'd try that mode twice, get paired with absolute buffoons and give up on it forever. Most you can expect is hide and seek.

Pejo Pejo

Luna is really devastating in the current elysian realm weather, I cut through every floor like butter and I'm still missing 2 of her stigs; I'm fairly confident she can do finality as well
iSTAus0.jpg

At one point I hit the floor 17 mech boss with 30 million damage lol, I think I hit kalpas with a 13 million ultimate as well, kalpas+kevin just make her go out of control; also the current weather buff enables your support to be active at the start of the round, if you have two of their signets, which is just super powerful for kevin support.

Still trying to get the T and B stigs, but I dunno if I can get them, I keep getting weapons fml.

Last edited:

Pejo

Pejo Pejo

Luna is really devastating in the current elysian realm weather, I cut through every floor like butter and I'm still missing 2 of her stigs; I'm fairly confident she can do finality as well
iSTAus0.jpg

At one point I hit the floor 17 mech boss with 30 million damage lol, I think I hit kalpas with a 13 million ultimate as well, kalpas+kevin just make her go out of control; also the current weather buff enables your support to be active at the start of the round, if you have two of their signets, which is just super powerful for kevin support.

Still trying to get the T and B stigs, but I dunno if I can get them, I keep getting weapons fml.
I'm 4/4 on her and have been cruising through Finality. She's legitimately the first time I'm having fun in ER since HoHe. I kinda wish the game would just ditch the "main" story and turn into a captainverse game. The valks, events and story has been 10x better than the last like 10 chapters of the "main" story.

So I haven't been able to play genshin much lately, but today I had some time to get through Neuvi's story quest. Not bad, but too much of it was focused on NPCs and randoms we'll never see again. It's amazing how touched I was by ~2 mins of meeting a random Melusine, though. The cute and innocent factor really does a number on your "care & protect" sensibilities.

Anyways, the reason I had to do that was so I could start this picture taking event, only to find out it's time gated by the number of pictures you can take per day, so now I'm stuck unable to get the primos because I waited too long. God dammit.

If anyone on Americas servers has any extra pictures to donate, I need all colors.

I'm 4/4 on her and have been cruising through Finality. She's legitimately the first time I'm having fun in ER since HoHe. I kinda wish the game would just ditch the "main" story and turn into a captainverse game. The valks, events and story has been 10x better than the last like 10 chapters of the "main" story.

So I haven't been able to play genshin much lately, but today I had some time to get through Neuvi's story quest. Not bad, but too much of it was focused on NPCs and randoms we'll never see again. It's amazing how touched I was by ~2 mins of meeting a random Melusine, though. The cute and innocent factor really does a number on your "care & protect" sensibilities.

Anyways, the reason I had to do that was so I could start this picture taking event, only to find out it's time gated by the number of pictures you can take per day, so now I'm stuck unable to get the primos because I waited too long. God dammit.

If anyone on Americas servers has any extra pictures to donate, I need all colors.

I was wondering why you had zero of all colors everyday. I was gifting my colors to others who were playing. I got all the rewards so tomorrow whatever colors I get I will send to you. I will try asking others also to send me their extras and give them to you.

Utamaru1706

Neo Member

It'd be so much fun.

They definitely trying stuffs like that back in the past, which was the Labyrinth Warriors during Inazuma patch, where the event is clearly structured as a raid-like instance with long stages, lots of enemies, and random buffs/debuffs, although it was still for single-player only back then.

And what's funny is that the event also serves as a prototype for Honkai Star Rail's content, which is the Simulator Universe, where the whole feature is clearly based from the Labyrinth Warriors event, from the corridor-based labyrinth, rooms with special encounters, buffs/debuffs system (Paths = Shikifudas, Blessing & Curios = Charms), and the ability to heal + change your party inside the dungeon.

Kinda sad that the devs didn't bring the Labyrinth Warriors event again to Genshin, or improved it even further by adding new stuffs like co-op play, since it was a very fun battle event...

deanote666

I too was putting off the picture event till yesterday and figured out the time gate...

It interactive map is janky in the new area. Freezes up completely if I hit layer exploration on the common chests around that one tower. Duplicates of icons on different layers and icons on the wrong layers.

Edit: if you get an extra yellow one, Pejo Pejo , it would be appreciated if you send one. ;)

Last edited:

deanote666

Anyone know how to get the common chests that were around the tower Ipsissimus after you finish the quest?

Edit: I guess if you don't get them before doing the quest, they're the floating ones later.

Last edited:

Pejo

I was wondering why you had zero of all colors everyday. I was gifting my colors to others who were playing. I got all the rewards so tomorrow whatever colors I get I will send to you. I will try asking others also to send me their extras and give them to you.
Thanks a lot man, thanks to you and a few misc donators I was able to get up to 5 turn-ins completed. I sent out in-game messages to a few friends sitting on some cards, we'll see if I can get those last 2.

Either way, that was a huge help, thanks again!

Pejo

I too was putting off the picture event till yesterday and figured out the time gate...

It interactive map is janky in the new area. Freezes up completely if I hit layer exploration on the common chests around that one tower. Duplicates of icons on different layers and icons on the wrong layers.

Edit: if you get an extra yellow one, Pejo Pejo , it would be appreciated if you send one. ;)
I know it's like the last half hour, but I got the remainder of what I needed from in-game friends, so I sent you everything leftover I had. Hope you see it before the daily reset.

Pejo

deanote666 deanote666 sent them over your way.

In other news, R Reizo Ryuu Dregnel Dregnel
Finally happened. I think Fu Hua is the most boring character in the game, so I'm at about a 3-4 out of 10 on the hype scale, but she should probably be strong and flashy, per recent valks. Rumored to be a Bio Fire DPS/Support. Looks a little too much like Phoenix +1 to me, but at least it's not a blue/pink/purple prom gown again.
emjnk7vs182c1.jpg

15e2hqis182c1.jpg

Top Bottom