• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

deanote666

I sent more colors to Pejo Pejo

Pejo Pejo please pass them.

deanote666 deanote666 sent them over your way.

In other news, @Reizo Ryuu Dregnel Dregnel
Finally happened. I think Fu Hua is the most boring character in the game, so I'm at about a 3-4 out of 10 on the hype scale, but she should probably be strong and flashy, per recent valks. Rumored to be a Bio Fire DPS/Support. Looks a little too much like Phoenix +1 to me, but at least it's not a blue/pink/purple prom gown again.
emjnk7vs182c1.jpg

15e2hqis182c1.jpg
Thanks!

Dregnel

deanote666 deanote666 sent them over your way.

In other news, @Reizo Ryuu Dregnel Dregnel
Finally happened. I think Fu Hua is the most boring character in the game, so I'm at about a 3-4 out of 10 on the hype scale, but she should probably be strong and flashy, per recent valks. Rumored to be a Bio Fire DPS/Support. Looks a little too much like Phoenix +1 to me, but at least it's not a blue/pink/purple prom gown again.
emjnk7vs182c1.jpg

15e2hqis182c1.jpg
she looks good so far now i need to see the gameplay.

Last edited:

Dregnel

A little drama, the other game from hoyoverse ZZZ was censored, it's chaos on reddit, the funny thing is that the game is pegi 16 while genshin is pegi 12 and even so it is more censored, the girl called nicole the new rosaria, the story, dialogues and photos that had some gore were also removed.
xmjC8zw.png

ne7xwe0.png

FliAYto.png

about the story
X0dkrK8.png

2rNGMO5.png

Pejo

A little drama, the other game from hoyoverse ZZZ was censored, it's chaos on reddit, the funny thing is that the game is pegi 16 while genshin is pegi 12 and even so it is more censored, the girl called nicole the new rosaria, the story, dialogues and photos that had some gore were also removed.
xmjC8zw.png

ne7xwe0.png

FliAYto.png

about the story
X0dkrK8.png

2rNGMO5.png
It's not even just the characters getting censored, it's also the animations. ZZZ is an insta-pass for me. I didn't need another HoYo timesink anyways, so it works out for me.

Do they like the drama or are they just that incompetent? After all the fuss with Genshin, you'd think they would have learned to finalize their designs before showing them.

Dregnel

It's not even just the characters getting censored, it's also the animations. ZZZ is an insta-pass for me. I didn't need another HoYo timesink anyways, so it works out for me.
my eyes are on this urban gacha and it's open world, it looks much better than ZZZ.

Pejo

Do they like the drama or are they just that incompetent? After all the fuss with Genshin, you'd think they would have learned to finalize their designs before showing them.
They probably do this on purpose to spread word of mouth about the game. Drama is good for clicks and will raise the awareness. Then they have the censorship apologists on reddit and social media that will fight tooth and nail for them for free. Seems like a good plan.

I’ll take all the games for a spin, the beauty of F2P lol, only time will tell if I will stick with them.

Tower of Fantasy was fun for a month. Same with Punishing Gray Raven. So far nothing has been able to dethrone Genshin and Star Rail. That said, it’s hard to count star rail sometimes because I spend about 10 mins a day or less in that one, partly because everything goes so quick, and partly because I’m caught up with the story and there’s nothing much to do.

On the horizon I’ll be checking out ZZZ and Wuthering Waves, among others. Don’t really care that ZZZ is also a Hoyo game, if other companies want me to play their games they need to step it up and make something that’s actually better and more fun to play that what Hoyo can put out.

Pejo

Don’t really care that ZZZ is also a Hoyo game, if other companies want me to play their games they need to step it up and make something that’s actually better and more fun to play that what Hoyo can put out.
The problem is that no other company has the development coffers than HoYo does at this point. This puts them further behind because they can't spend the time nor the manpower to make all the "niceties" that HoYo can, like the detailed and varied backgrounds, incredible soundtracks etc.

I'm not saying it can't happen, but HoYo games have an unfair starting point in this market currently. I'd really like to see some devs outside of CN take a stab at it though. Being bogged down by the CCP's whims is a bummer.

They probably do this on purpose to spread word of mouth about the game. Drama is good for clicks and will raise the awareness. Then they have the censorship apologists on reddit and social media that will fight tooth and nail for them for free. Seems like a good plan.
I know any publicity is good publicity, but this news killed any chance of me ever trying this game.

Pejo

Man Furina has actually made me run out of Whopperflower stuff. Never thought I'd see the day.

Overall though, she's been pretty easy to build. Her flowers are nice and concentrated and easy to see, so much better than Neuvi's starfish and Wrio's damn bugs. That boss for her ascension mats was actually pretty challenging too, I had to bring out my Eula team to make it faster, otherwise it took a bit of time. Still did take a while with Eula if he fucking teleported away before her sword dropped.

This new event is pretty good, I like the pathing the penguin minigame, but just like other recent events, you only get like 8 chances to even play the damn thing. I wish they had a challenge mode at the end that gave xp books or ore or something, where you actually got to play these minigames a bit more. I wanted more of the Klee fish bombing one too. Lots of effort to build out the game rules and program all of that only to play it 8 times and never see it again.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I'm interested in ZZZ ever since it popup up, but it's gonna take sometime for the game to arrive at PS5, so, I'll just seat back and enjoy the chaos.

jonnyXx

Current event is pretty decent, it has some good variety and good rewards.

The puzzle mini game is cool but I wish it wasn't soooo easy. Most of them are like not even actually a puzzle cause the solution is so obvious.
Feels like they design some of this stuff for toddlers.

The combat section has actual difficulty options unlike the last event, though it's still too easy to achieve the highest score for all the rewards. But it's fun trying out different teams and comparing scores between them. Neuvillette is so OP especially in 3rd and 4th trials.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Because of how the security keys are set up on my stupid motherboard, I can't do secure boot since I installed a new GPU. Will the anti-cheat on this not allow me to play this since I can't have UEFI secure boot?

deanote666

Current event is pretty decent, it has some good variety and good rewards.

The puzzle mini game is cool but I wish it wasn't soooo easy. Most of them are like not even actually a puzzle cause the solution is so obvious.
Feels like they design some of this stuff for toddlers.

The combat section has actual difficulty options unlike the last event, though it's still too easy to achieve the highest score for all the rewards. But it's fun trying out different teams and comparing scores between them. Neuvillette is so OP especially in 3rd and 4th trials.

The hard part for me was I got stumped on the 3rd one I think because the instructions were lacking. I thought each one could only run over the same colored segment as their own so that one was the only one I looked up since I didn't understand the mechanics properly that any could run over any color part as long as they made it to the proper end.

Because of how the security keys are set up on my stupid motherboard, I can't do secure boot since I installed a new GPU. Will the anti-cheat on this not allow me to play this since I can't have UEFI secure boot?
No idea on that but that anti-cheat program is the reason I refuse to run genshin on PC. Don't need a program I don't understand running at the kernel level. I just hope there isn't a similar program or tiktok level things running around in the phone version... I don't cheat but I don't want to give them everything running on my PC up on a silver platter.

Won 50/50 and got Furina to C2. Still not sure what it actually does...? How do I gain/lose the fan fare?

jonnyXx

Won 50/50 and got Furina to C2. Still not sure what it actually does...? How do I gain/lose the fan fare?
Nice! I was hoping to get lucky and get an early C1 but no go. Will go for it during her rerun.

Her C2 makes it so you max out her buff way faster by increasing the rate at which you generate fanfare stacks by 250%.
Also after you max the buff, generating more fanfare increases Furina's HP by up to 140%, increasing her personal damage.

Pejo

Not sure, but if you try it, I'd like to know the answer. I was able to get Genshin running on Windows on the Deck, so I would assume it'd be fine.

No idea on that but that anti-cheat program is the reason I refuse to run genshin on PC. Don't need a program I don't understand running at the kernel level. I just hope there isn't a similar program or tiktok level things running around in the phone version... I don't cheat but I don't want to give them everything running on my PC up on a silver platter.
If you play any game with EAC (data goes to Epic which I fucking hate) or ACE (data goes to Tencent), it's really no different. You can't have online games without these anti-cheat pieces of shit these days. Even worse, devs add EAC retroactively to games and don't tell you about it.
HP go up or HP go down is +fanfare. So if you wanna max it quickly, have Furina succ the party's HP then drop a Jean healbomb. (The HP up or down is measured in % compared to their max HP. That means it's not always advantageous to have huge HP pools for everybody in the party, since heals are usually done in flat amounts and will raise a higher % of a character's HP with lower max HP)

*edit*

Got my free Femininet from the event. It's a shame that they wasted such cool animations on him. Really powerful and weighty feeling attacks with cool effects but it's a total mismatch for his twig limbs, rosey cheeks and short shorts. Wonder if that was supposed to be Wrio's kit at one point and they swapped it to make him a punchy catalyst instead and needed to use the kit somewhere. Kinda glad, if that was the case. Nobody's gonna use a shatter-focused team in year 3, especially since bosses can't be frozen and shattered at all.

Last edited:

BJK

Didn’t think I’d be able to pull it off (especially after getting Wriothsley while trying for Thoma cons - I like shields) but I pulled Furina at double pity. Resource poor, but that pretty much means It’s time to save for Natlan’s archon.

Got caught up on a number of events in my efforts to scrounge for Primos. Really surprised when seemingly-unrelated side quests tie together (No spoilers…but I think this was the quest chain that started by swimming outside Meropede).

Even finished up collecting bugs for Wrio ascension, just in time to start collecting lillies for Furina! (At least you can get a bunch of them by circling one lake.)

Pejo

That Freminet event questline got pretty serious compared to most of Genshin's event content since summer, but it was actually pretty heartwarming at the end. Pretty good overall for side content. Gonna try to get the rest of the archon quests done tomorrow. I dodged spoilers for a while there, but eventually I got hit with some stuff I wish I hadn't read, but what are you gonna do. I need to do it myself before I get spoiled on anything else, though.

Finally got a decent team for clearing the new whale boss in a painless amount of time, Alfred J. Haitham/Furina/Zhongli/Shinobu. I hate using Zhongli, but Alhaitham needs the interruption resist and I don't want to piss around on these weekly bosses anymore than I have to, considering I still kill them all every week for billets.

Since nobody asked, I figured I'd rank the biggest time wasters (in order from biggest waste of time to quickest fight)
  • Shogun (if you can't kill her before she goes into Shogun mode, buckle up because you're there for a WHILE just whittling down her shield bar)
  • Whale (too much time that you're left just standing there waiting for it to stop flying around. Phases suck but it's mostly just that you can't attack him about 70% of the time)
  • Apep's white blood cells (forced 3 phase, 2nd phase is a drag with no challenge or skill required, just filler)
  • Scaradouche (forced phases, insta-teleporting around is a waste of time)
  • Azhdaha (invincibility while he has a pissy fit and can't kill him until he pops up from "tail peeker" mode)
  • Signora (forced 2 phase and ice shield breaking time waster. Can kill her before she turns into the tornado and wastes your time)
  • Childe (3 phases but can be clapped quickly each time. Cutscene for some reason makes you watch like 7 seconds before you can skip the rest- loading 2nd arena maybe?)
  • Wolf (can 1 shot with Eula, total skip of running around and 2nd phase)
  • Stormterror (I can beat him now before he even moves)
Out of the enjoyment I get out of the fight itself, I'd say my favorite is Scaramouche because at least it has some interesting mechanics and you're always doing something instead of just standing there waiting for invulnerability to end. Also, after stopping his meteor, the damage boost you get while standing on his chest platform makes big numbers. That always activates my monkey brain. I think phase 3 Apep has the best music.

*edit*

International Airlines are getting Genshin'd now.
g7lmxja8bz2c1.png

Last edited:
Failed to get Kirara again. Fuck this game. How many damn wishes do I have to pour into these shitty banners to get a single copy?

Edit: Managed to get her with one more wish. Praise RNGesus!

Last edited:
GI has become a compilation of many tragic stories since late Liyue timeline. It's just death, sacrifice, separation, loss of relative, friend or loved ones etc. etc. I feel only Monsdat and early Liyue characters (mainly Klee) are overall happy and everyone else is suffering in some way.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Just struck me: why don't Fontaine characters have a dive into the water animation?

If they can jump and dive back in when you're already in water, they could have had a dive in animation when you jump into the water from a high place too.

Last edited:

Pejo

Just struck me: why don't Fontaine characters have a dive into the water animation?

If they can jump and dive back in when you're already in water, they could have had a dive in animation when you jump into the water from a high place too.
All characters already have those though.

deanote666

GI has become a compilation of many tragic stories since late Liyue timeline. It's just death, sacrifice, separation, loss of relative, friend or loved ones etc. etc. I feel only Monsdat and early Liyue characters (mainly Klee) are overall happy and everyone else is suffering in some way.
Would be boring otherwise.

You could argue that Klee is away from her parents and is basically being raised by Jean.

I wouldn't say that everyone else is "unhappy", they just have things in their past.

Kiara and Charlotte seem happy. 🤷‍♂️

Nankatsu

Gold Member
All characters already have those though.
Lol you're right, it's been ages since I last saw the animations and I completely derped.

The Daily Show Wow GIF by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

Still it should trigger from higher places, since it has a height limitation by the looks of it.

Last edited:

Pejo

Threw a 10 just because I haven’t pulled in awhile, got Cyno lol
Also got a copy of Shinobu
Nice. He's really strong but extremely unfun to play for even a second outside of his Burst. Kinda sucks how they made him, but nobody raised a stink so he'll likely never get buffed. Absolutely melts stuff in Burst mode, though.

I'd like to throw a few pulls in on this new banner for Kirara cons, but not until we get solid leaks of how the Navia banner looks. If Chev is on her banner, I'll probably hold off so I can (hopefully) get a few copies of her on the way to Navia. I hate how they load up the 5* waifu banners with trash and then put the desirable 4*s on their low selling male banners.

*edit*

Fuz, I dunno if you still lurk out there, but my hat goes off to you for DFFOO shutting down. First Exo heroes, now this. Also Tower of Fantasy is looking to do a wipe and relaunch of some kind since they're failing fast. Everything gacha you play is RIP-ing in peace.
sad metal gear solid GIF

Last edited:
No way she's just a dedicated support for 1 character, right? I guess I could kinda understand if she enabled plunge gameplay for all characters, but even then it doesn't sound that appealing to me.

Pejo

Xiao, Kazuha, Faruzan, Cloud Retainer.

James Franco Flirt GIF
Ew Sickening GIF by Gerbert!

I was perfectly ok with the rumors that she'd be an anemo healer that can fly, but this plunge attack support bullshit is fucking venom to my ears. If you want that unholy team comp, just do it now with Venti and Sucrose instead of Cloud Retainer/Kazuha and plunge toilets to your hearts' content.

Every single time they try to make plunge attacks useful in a limited time event (or that new mecha material boss), it just shows how fucking terrible their "high jump" physics are, and it's anti-fun. Yet when players made Dragonstrike Diluc work, they did everything they could to nerf it.

deanote666

For the prophecy flood, how exactly did that work?

Fontaine is a raised plateau. Was there some sort of force field holding the water on top?

There was no talk of the flood waters affecting Mondstadt or Sumeru.

For the prophecy flood, how exactly did that work?

Fontaine is a raised plateau. Was there some sort of force field holding the water on top?

There was no talk of the flood waters affecting Mondstadt or Sumeru.
When you move from Sumeru to Fontaine, there's a huge cliff you have to jump down to get to sea level. Perhaps the plateau would still be fully flooded? Hard to say.

In the first place, I don't think the story stands up to such scrutiny. There's too many inconsistencies and plotholes. The entire premise of Fontaine's Archon quest was deceiving Celestia by having a "double" act like an Archon. How does that even work? How much does Celestia know about Teyvat and its inhabitants?

There's also some rumors that Genshin has two teams of writers. The old one (responsible for everything up to and including Inazuma) set up that there would be 5 female archons and two male ones. But the second, newer team disagreed with that plan and rewrote the story so they could introduce Neuvillette as the de facto ruler/archon of Fontaine. The old team apparently still works on Genshin, but they're working on other things besides the (current) main story, so maybe events and such. Not sure how true that is (there's a sizable group who are discontent and they might be making it up to suit their narrative), but it would explain the course Genshin has been going in for a while and some of the inconsistencies.

deanote666

When you move from Sumeru to Fontaine, there's a huge cliff you have to jump down to get to sea level. Perhaps the plateau would still be fully flooded? Hard to say.

In the first place, I don't think the story stands up to such scrutiny. There's too many inconsistencies and plotholes. The entire premise of Fontaine's Archon quest was deceiving Celestia by having a "double" act like an Archon. How does that even work? How much does Celestia know about Teyvat and its inhabitants?

There's also some rumors that Genshin has two teams of writers. The old one (responsible for everything up to and including Inazuma) set up that there would be 5 female archons and two male ones. But the second, newer team disagreed with that plan and rewrote the story so they could introduce Neuvillette as the de facto ruler/archon of Fontaine. The old team apparently still works on Genshin, but they're working on other things besides the (current) main story, so maybe events and such. Not sure how true that is (there's a sizable group who are discontent and they might be making it up to suit their narrative), but it would explain the course Genshin has been going in for a while and some of the inconsistencies.
The amount of water was enough to have the opera house almost underwater. If that much was surging over the sides, other countries would have had some effect. That cliff area would have filled up in minutes. Plus Fontanians would have all washed out to sea with all of the water rushing off

Also, in the front of the court of Fontaine, what's the purpose of that one fountain? (not the one you give the medals to by the opera house).

Pejo

Monthly reminder to buy your starglittershitter welfare wishes at the shop.

Genshin's gave me a Fischl and a Rust, Star Rail gave me a super early Bailhu dupe. I think I was only like 5-6 into pity from my last standard banner 5*.

jonnyXx

Lost 50/50 on Cyno to Diluc, and didn't get a single Xiangling or Kuki along the way. But hey I have a C5 Kirara now, a character benched in my inventory at lvl20.
😒

Pejo

Quoting due to image size, but it looks like the king returned for Furina banner. Who knew a meta relevant limited 5* female would print money? It's a real head scratcher. I've been reading the reactions on reddit and sitting back and laughing at the pure cope that Nikke beat Star Rail. It doesn't fit the soyboy redditor agenda so they're making up any excuse they can muster.

Quoting due to image size, but it looks like the king returned for Furina banner. Who knew a meta relevant limited 5* female would print money? It's a real head scratcher. I've been reading the reactions on reddit and sitting back and laughing at the pure cope that Nikke beat Star Rail. It doesn't fit the soyboy redditor agenda so they're making up any excuse they can muster.

Puzzles and Dragons? What!! Who is still playing this and spending money?

Ganyu's birthday mail is about fishing. Isn't she vegetarian? Why would she want to go fishing? I guess you could argue she could just catch and release, but that still doesn't seem like something she'd want to do. During that one event she wouldn't even eat meals with eggs in 'em. I think this clashes with her established character pretty hard.

In other news, Genshin won some kind of PlayStation award so we're getting 800 primos. Always welcome.

Pejo

Puzzles and Dragons? What!! Who is still playing this and spending money?
Either 13 millionaires or many people with sunk cost fallacy, I'd assume.

Ganyu's birthday mail is about fishing. Isn't she vegetarian? Why would she want to go fishing? I guess you could argue she could just catch and release, but that still doesn't seem like something she'd want to do. During that one event she wouldn't even eat meals with eggs in 'em. I think this clashes with her established character pretty hard.
She should have asked us to go to LIYUE #1 LIYUE LIYUE LIYUE instead.

But yea I had the same thought about the fishing thing when I read it. I'm sure they outsource those birthday letters to the interns, so probably not worth getting too invested in them.
In other news, Genshin won some kind of PlayStation award so we're getting 800 primos. Always welcome.
Star Rail did too, for those that play it. 800 premium currency in each game.

Top Bottom