• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

More Chiyori from the in-game model:
sljyp3st925c1.png

1tdll2st925c1.png

Other than the knees, this one's pretty good too. May she forever spook your shelf.
Yeah, joints are always a compromise, but I don't have enough room for those big statues.

Hmm. Since they split Chev to the 2nd half, I might try to snipe a few Kirara constellations now and build pity towards Navia... You just KNOW that Navia's 4*s are gonna be shit. Probably like Noelle/Razor/Yanfei levels of bad.
Kirara's C4 sounds so good. I just can't risk it myself, or I would try too. I'm hoping/coping they might put Candace on there, but it'll probably be garbage like you said.

We knew she was a dressmaker from Inazuma as soon as Fontaine released. Her shop is there and the NPCs in front of it fed us a bit of lore. But yea I agree. I was hoping for a kunoichi type character that used hidden knives, caltrops, shruikens, and that kind of thing. I mean I guess she still could.
Oh I hadn't noticed that. To me she just looks like the girl from Muramasa Demon Blade.

Pejo

Yeah, joints are always a compromise, but I don't have enough room for those big statues.
Yea I only bought a few but they ate any spare space on my physical games/Bluray shelf super quick. Such is life.
Kirara's C4 sounds so good. I just can't risk it myself, or I would try too. I'm hoping/coping they might put Candace on there, but it'll probably be garbage like you said.
Check this shit out. 40 pulls (my last pull was Furina so I had lots of wiggle room for pity), and she started at C1.

3AxGe6q.jpg

This might be luckier than the few times I got multiple 5* on the same pull. Only got 1 10x pull without a Kirara. 2 of them were multi- 4*s.
Awesome Hat Trick GIF by Audible

Oh I hadn't noticed that. To me she just looks like the girl from Muramasa Demon Blade.
Man I wish. Momohime is such peak design.
iu

Definitely sounds like they are gearing up to capture some of the genshin crowd, kinda glad I haven't been spending ether or resonance though (almost did today when a robert peary showed up.)
It's actually mostly all good things for players. I have over 40k battlesuit shards so I'm gonna be sitting pretty for quite a while in that new Stardust shop.

Last edited:

Pejo

So new CN exclusive collab dropping, some museum I guess?

Big news is that this Zhongli outfit is pretty cool, and I'm sure modders are at work making it happen since you know damn well MHY won't.

4qhnhxkhx45c1.jpg

Nankatsu

Gold Member
So new CN exclusive collab dropping, some museum I guess?

Big news is that this Zhongli outfit is pretty cool, and I'm sure modders are at work making it happen since you know damn well MHY won't.

4qhnhxkhx45c1.jpg
If this suit drops, it may very well be the first suit I'll get in the game. Looks really dope.

Last edited:
I expected him to look way cringier. Actually looks pretty normal in this picture.

Kinda hard to tell what the premium skins look like. I hope we get more leaks on those soon,

CR looks like we expected. Not too big a fan. The sexy librarian Bayonetta look does nothing for me. They made sure she's fully covered up too, except for the back. It'll come down to her kit for me.

Pejo

I expected him to look way cringier. Actually looks pretty normal in this picture.
Too normal IMO. Just like a generic "built to sell toys' protagonist from an early 2000s anime. If you told me this was the lead character of Digimon, I would believe you. I mean it's not like I was gonna use him anyways, so it's largely irrelevant to me. Pyro vision, supposedly a Pyro support.
Kinda hard to tell what the premium skins look like. I hope we get more leaks on those soon,
Yea, better than I was expecting with the last batch of skins, honestly. At least they look like proper dresses.
CR looks like we expected. Not too big a fan. The sexy librarian Bayonetta look does nothing for me. They made sure she's fully covered up too, except for the back. It'll come down to her kit for me.
Man i am the opposite, I can't fucking wait. But yea they sure did remove any skin from previous iterations. I liked the bare shoulders version. Ah well, mods exist.

Too normal IMO. Just like a generic "built to sell toys' protagonist from an early 2000s anime. If you told me this was the lead character of Digimon, I would believe you. I mean it's not like I was gonna use him anyways, so it's largely irrelevant to me. Pyro vision, supposedly a Pyro support.
Haha! Yeah you're totally right, he does look like your average shounen protag. I'd rather have that than obvious fujo bait shitting up my roster though.

Yea, better than I was expecting with the last batch of skins, honestly. At least they look like proper dresses.
I'm mostly concerned about Shenhe's skin. Hers was already pretty much perfect and this one seems to cover her up more too. They're making it difficult for me to support their game like this.

So I was completing the bounty and requests for Fontaine and while going to the lady I noticed a girl standing with ??? for name. on the way a few steps away from the steps. I ignored her thinking she must be part of the missing Arthur world quest but she disappeared when I went there later. Anyone know who that was?

Well, it matches what we've been hearing about her. Still not sure about her plunge attack focus, but maybe it's good for evading certain attacks or something. It's easy enough to ignore anyway if the rest of her kit's good. Still kinda poorly designed though.

I also read that her weapon will be shaped like a fan. That's pretty cool. I have a soft spot for unique weapon designs.

Pejo

Well, it matches what we've been hearing about her. Still not sure about her plunge attack focus, but maybe it's good for evading certain attacks or something. It's easy enough to ignore anyway if the rest of her kit's good. Still kinda poorly designed though.

I also read that her weapon will be shaped like a fan. That's pretty cool. I have a soft spot for unique weapon designs.
The 80/90 energy cost always sucks, but she sounds like she's gonna have a very active and fun playstyle and superb role compression, which is literally all I care about in modern day Genshin. Just icing on the cake that I love her design and personality. Overall she's a MAJOR win for me if she's like this leak.

Also probably edges out Wanderer for best exploration character if she has a quadruple jump mechanic, since that will get her higher than his vertical flight and can be used even in the air or while falling.

With her sig being crit stats, that means she's got a strong possibility of being usable as an on-field carry too. I can't get too worked up about this, though. When things sound too good to be true, they almost always are.

I'm thinking CR/Furina/Xiangling/Faruzan right now, based off of that leak.

The 80/90 energy cost always sucks, but she sounds like she's gonna have a very active and fun playstyle and superb role compression, which is literally all I care about in modern day Genshin. Just icing on the cake that I love her design and personality. Overall she's a MAJOR win for me if she's like this leak.

Also probably edges out Wanderer for best exploration character if she has a quadruple jump mechanic, since that will get her higher than his vertical flight and can be used even in the air or while falling.

With her sig being crit stats, that means she's got a strong possibility of being usable as an on-field carry too. I can't get too worked up about this, though. When things sound too good to be true, they almost always are.

I'm thinking CR/Furina/Xiangling/Faruzan right now, based off of that leak.
You planning to go for cons? I'm sure she'll be on-fieldable if you invest enough into her.

Pejo

You planning to go for cons? I'm sure she'll be on-fieldable if you invest enough into her.
If her kit is like this, yep. Out of all the known leaks we've seen, I don't see any other interesting characters until at least Natlan. I'm at just shy of 250 pulls right now saved up, and I haven't done any exploration or quests since version 4.0 (other than Neuvi's quest which I had to do to start that limited time event), so I'm not sure how many total pulls that will be by then. But I'd probably aim for at least C2 by the time 4.4 rolls around.

I do plan on rolling for a copy of Navia, which I'm about 30 pulls from soft pity on, but at a 50/50. I was thinking about trying to get her axe too but not with CR looming in the near future.

Last edited:
If her kit is like this, yep. Out of all the known leaks we've seen, I don't see any other interesting characters until at least Natlan. I'm at just shy of 250 pulls right now saved up, and I haven't done any exploration or quests since version 4.0 (other than Neuvi's quest which I had to do to start that limited time event), so I'm not sure how many total pulls that will be by then. But I'd probably aim for at least C2 by the time 4.4 rolls around.

I do plan on rolling for a copy of Navia, which I'm about 30 pulls from soft pity on, but at a 50/50. I was thinking about trying to get her axe too but not with CR looming in the near future.
Man, it's the complete opposite for me. I'm definitely interested in Chlorinde, Sigewinne and Arlecchino too, but I haven't seen many leaks for them yet. I currently have about 550 wishes (including built pity) and I'm hoping to save some for Natlan as well. So for now I'm just aiming for C0 on pretty much any character coming out in the coming months.

I am a little tempted by Navia/Ayaka's weapon banner (I'm like 50 wishes in) but it's probably not worth it since they both have decent F2P options.

I wonder how many primos you could get from completing the content from 4.1 to 4.3.

Pejo

Man, it's the complete opposite for me. I'm definitely interested in Chlorinde, Sigewinne and Arlecchino too, but I haven't seen many leaks for them yet. I currently have about 550 wishes (including built pity) and I'm hoping to save some for Natlan as well. So for now I'm just aiming for C0 on pretty much any character coming out in the coming months.
I'll admit, I would be slightly more interested in them if I didn't already know that they were gonna be plagued with the Fontaine "gotta lose some HP just because lol" mechanic. Even worse if they pull a Wrio and make it so you have to pull a constellation to make it less annoying to deal with. I just can't reward MHY for making a bullshit mechanic and then selling me the solution for extra. If Arlecchino is a hyper carry and if she doesn't have HP loss, I'll consider it. Technically she's a Harbinger and that would be a little too close to Hu Tao, so maybe there's a chance. Chlorinde/Sige are all but doomed though.
I am a little tempted by Navia/Ayaka's weapon banner (I'm like 50 wishes in) but it's probably not worth it since they both have decent F2P options.
I have Ayaka's weapon and I gave it to Keq because it fits her so damn well. Ayaka I actually prefer with Black Sword, but I almost never use her anyways so... But yea, no spending on weapon banner with CR coming, for me.
I wonder how many primos you could get from completing the content from 4.1 to 4.3.
guess we'll find out! We'll also get the generally higher resources since 4.4 is the CNY patch, including the free 10 pulls and bonus primos. Unless MHY decides that they've been too generous already and yoink it from us to sell it back in a pack with some wings.

I'll admit, I would be slightly more interested in them if I didn't already know that they were gonna be plagued with the Fontaine "gotta lose some HP just because lol" mechanic.
Navia (and Charlotte/Chevreuse) doesn't have the mechanic either, so I'm coping it might not apply to everyone from Fontaine.

guess we'll find out! We'll also get the generally higher resources since 4.4 is the CNY patch, including the free 10 pulls and bonus primos. Unless MHY decides that they've been too generous already and yoink it from us to sell it back in a pack with some wings.
I don't think they want to risk more backlash. It's been a rough year for them. Interest in the game has kind of dwindled. Might have been the lack of waifus. It is interesting how that coincided.

Pejo

Navia (and Charlotte/Chevreuse) doesn't have the mechanic either, so I'm coping it might not apply to everyone from Fontaine.
That's true. But Charlotte is like anti-fun to play and guess we'll see about Navia/Chev.
I don't think they want to risk more backlash. It's been a rough year for them. Interest in the game has kind of dwindled. Might have been the lack of waifus. It is interesting how that coincided.
I find it really interesting to watch their strategy over the past year. They cannibalized a lot of their own playerbase with Star Rail, while catering hard to the waifu collectors in that game, and did almost an entire calendar year of male limited 5*s in Genshin. Then again, for most of the year, they had the #1 and #2 placed games in terms of revenue from the entire mobile gaming market. So did they actually lose anything? Probably not. It's not like the two teams aren't aware of each other, so I wonder how much of that was calculated to play out exactly as it did. Plus they had a bigger surge with Furina than I expected, considering she's got a very toned-down design, and despite being a meta relevant archon.

With them showcasing ZZZ to generally unfavorable sentiment so far in the beta (due to HEAVY censorship and lack of gameplay modes/stale gameplay), I wonder how much longer they can keep milking the same playerbase as they continue to expand and release more games to a very similar audience.

Ok new bottleneck is the various elemental gemstones. Boss battles for lvl 90 ascension mats wasn’t that bad for their own drops 20 or so, Gathering is easy, enemy mats easy too. But these damn gemstones are really holding me back. Amy faster/better way to get them?

I know you can convert them, but I need basically all of them lol so I’m hesitant to do it

Pejo

Ok new bottleneck is the various elemental gemstones. Boss battles for lvl 90 ascension mats wasn’t that bad for their own drops 20 or so, Gathering is easy, enemy mats easy too. But these damn gemstones are really holding me back. Amy faster/better way to get them?

I know you can convert them, but I need basically all of them lol so I’m hesitant to do it
Unfortunately that's just one of those temporarily rare mats. The longer you play, you will never have to even think about them anymore. If you are only doing 3x weekly boss drops for the BP quest, they seem to have a pretty high drop rate of purple gems too, so maybe do the rest? You can also craft up the lower tier gems to higher tier, so like the little shards you get from dailies, craft them up to higher rarity ones.

currently playing again off and on, I just met Alhaitham and he wants me to go find dori, but honestly I feel sumeru is really boring so far; does it pick up any time soon?

Pejo

currently playing again off and on, I just met Alhaitham and he wants me to go find dori, but honestly I feel sumeru is really boring so far; does it pick up any time soon?
Depends on what kind of stories you like. Coming hot off the tail of Inazuma, widely considered the most disjointed and worst Archon quest as far as cohesion and flow, it was a breath of fresh air at the time. I haven't finished Fontaine's yet, so I still think it's overall the best one. MHY liked the story so much that they decided to use it in pretty much all of their games by this point. Once you beat it, you'll see where they used it a LOT in HI3 too, and they revisit the same basic concept after the archon quest is over in a world quest. I don't want to say more in case you care about spoilers. But at least it was cohesive and made sense after the story ends.

A lot of your enjoyment of Sumeru is going to center around how much you like desert biomes and the Aranara. I liked both to a degree, so it was a pretty good area for me overall.

deanote666

Navia teaser.

The uniboob releases next Tuesday.

Reminder that maintenance is next Tuesday for those that don't keep track.

I had previously logged into genshin on my PSN account without properly linking it to my existing genshin account and it created a new one. Was able to get that taken care of by creating a new mihoyo account with that new account within the playstation version of genshin and then logged into that account and unlinked it to the PSN. Was able to get logged into the proper account now.

Downloaded 32/86gb while figuring that out. Upgraded my internet for those that remember me talking about my 3mbs download speed. T-mobile home internet ftw!

Last edited:
Looks like there's new drama: Honkai Star Rail players are getting a free 5-star as thanks for their "support" and Genshin players are not amused. They feel neglected and unappreciated.

Nothing's gonna happen because people will forget in a week. I wouldn't be happy with a free Baizhu anyway, so this reward might as well not exist.

jonnyXx

Looks like there's new drama: Honkai Star Rail players are getting a free 5-star as thanks for their "support" and Genshin players are not amused. They feel neglected and unappreciated.

Nothing's gonna happen because people will forget in a week. I wouldn't be happy with a free Baizhu anyway, so this reward might as well not exist.
I would love a free Baizhu, but I don't think they'll do anything like that for Genshin unless they start loosing a lot of players.

Pejo

How about one of those selector tickets that some games do? Pick anyone you want!
Now that would be a nice gift.
We've been asking for this for 3 years now for the anniversary. Just from the standard banner even, not limited like the one they're getting in Star Rail. I want my free Dehya constellation dammit. I still haven't lost a 50/50 to her, only Tighnari.

It honestly is kind of a slap to the face to Genshin players though. Billions of dollars and we didn't even get free wings for this year's anni. And it's not even Star Rail's anni.

jonnyXx

Is it common for gacha games to give away limited characters? Genshin is the only one I've played, just wondering if this is Genshin being stingy or HSR being generous.

Well either way Genshin is the gacha game that can most afford to do it.

Pejo

Is it common for gacha games to give away limited characters? Genshin is the only one I've played, just wondering if this is Genshin being stingy or HSR being generous.

Vastly different circumstances but it's not that rare in the gachasphere. Usually anniversaries always give a max rarity character in most games.

not very rare, heck their other game Honkai impact does it quite frequently.

Pejo

Apparently Cloud Retainer's playable name is Xianyun. With Xinyan and Xiangling and Xingqiu already in the game, I feel like they could have just kept it Cloud Retainer.

I1xYLWc.jpeg

*edit*

Finally some actual kit info (maybe?)
f8cXhZo.jpeg

Well if this is true, looks like I'm aiming for at least C2.

Last edited:
That sounds significantly worse than what they said before. It's all in on the plunge attacks, which is the uninteresting part of her kit. Nothing about grouping or anything else.

I ain't playing Xiao and I don't want to turn others into him either. Plunge attacks are awful to use consecutively.

Severely disappointed if this is what they turn the first anemo waifu after three years into. CR is a cooler name as well.

deanote666

Maybe because I'm not used to it yet, I actually prefer the mobile controls over the PS5 controller. Switching characters and accessing menus feels clunky. I end up in the character menu half the time I want to open the map.

Omg I just discovered dust of azaroth lmfao

Was able to unlock Wrio, Fischl, Kokomi, and Yelan to 90. Rosaria just needs a few more fatui badges and she’s there too. Got wrio to 85 before I ran out of books tho… I know what I’ll be doing this week

Edit deanote666 deanote666
Playing on a controller feels super natural to me, like the game was made for it. Never played on mobile tho.

Last edited:

Pejo

That sounds significantly worse than what they said before. It's all in on the plunge attacks, which is the uninteresting part of her kit. Nothing about grouping or anything else.

I ain't playing Xiao and I don't want to turn others into him either. Plunge attacks are awful to use consecutively.

Severely disappointed if this is what they turn the first anemo waifu after three years into. CR is a cooler name as well.
I'm reading it that her E allows her to do "enhanced" plunges 3x, that will have some additional effect (the other leak mentioned increased ER). The "wind domain" part might be an air jump like the previous leaks. Hard to tell with a machine translation of an obscure Chinese post. But yea, I would VASTLY prefer triple jump to 3x plunge attacks in a row. Rest of it sounds good though, no mention of HP loss, and heals off-field characters too like Jean. Being able to main dps at C4 sounds a little unbelievable with how stacked that kit is already. She's like a one-man team.

Maybe because I'm not used to it yet, I actually prefer the mobile controls over the PS5 controller. Switching characters and accessing menus feels clunky. I end up in the character menu half the time I want to open the map.
Sounds like the mobile touchscreen controls version of Stockholm Syndrome.

I play on PC and I use controller instead of KB/M because of how natural it feels on controller.

I'm reading it that her E allows her to do "enhanced" plunges 3x, that will have some additional effect (the other leak mentioned increased ER). The "wind domain" part might be an air jump like the previous leaks. Hard to tell with a machine translation of an obscure Chinese post. But yea, I would VASTLY prefer triple jump to 3x plunge attacks in a row. Rest of it sounds good though, no mention of HP loss, and heals off-field characters too like Jean. Being able to main dps at C4 sounds a little unbelievable with how stacked that kit is already. She's like a one-man team.
Yeah, the post is unclear and it's from some unknown account so it might miss information, but the plunging stuff has been consistent among all leaks. It's something I just don't care for and seems hard to ignore as it's made out to be the focal point of her kit. The healing and stuff is like whatever. I can use Jean for that and she doesn't cost me up to 180 wishes to get. She needs more than that for me to get excited.

A plunging-enabler also doesn't seem like something players wanted. Why waste an iconic character on a niche support kit like this? If she was a 4-star (like Chevreuse) it'd be one thing, but she's a long-awaited and popular 5-star. It's almost at Dehya levels for me.

Pejo

Yeah, the post is unclear and it's from some unknown account so it might miss information, but the plunging stuff has been consistent among all leaks. It's something I just don't care for and seems hard to ignore as it's made out to be the focal point of her kit. The healing and stuff is like whatever. I can use Jean for that and she doesn't cost me up to 180 wishes to get. She needs more than that for me to get excited.

A plunging-enabler also doesn't seem like something players wanted. Why waste an iconic character on a niche support kit like this? If she was a 4-star (like Chevreuse) it'd be one thing, but she's a long-awaited and popular 5-star. It's almost at Dehya levels for me.
Fair points. I guess we'll just wait for more reliable/clear info to come out, but I don't hate things as they are. Am I super excited about plunge attacks? of course not, Xiao's toilet plunger style is shit, but if it's like "do plunge attack to increase atk/ER, then do other stuff", i'm ok with that. I really was hoping she'd be viable for overworld exploration though, so I hope the E skill ends up being not just "plunge attack".

I'm wondering if E creates a ground zone like Venti's hold E that allows you 3 of those uncontrollable awful high jumps like we get in the mario maker events when you pick up those green boots buffs. That would be worst case scenario for me, personally. That mechanic's physics are absolute dogshit and very hard to control accurately. if you even tap slightly forward while jumping, your character flies off at whatever weird fucking angle they set it to.

Fair points. I guess we'll just wait for more reliable/clear info to come out, but I don't hate things as they are. Am I super excited about plunge attacks? of course not, Xiao's toilet plunger style is shit, but if it's like "do plunge attack to increase atk/ER, then do other stuff", i'm ok with that. I really was hoping she'd be viable for overworld exploration though, so I hope the E skill ends up being not just "plunge attack".

I'm wondering if E creates a ground zone like Venti's hold E that allows you 3 of those uncontrollable awful high jumps like we get in the mario maker events when you pick up those green boots buffs. That would be worst case scenario for me, personally. That mechanic's physics are absolute dogshit and very hard to control accurately. if you even tap slightly forward while jumping, your character flies off at whatever weird fucking angle they set it to.
If you only have to do a single plunge in a rotation to get some kind of awesome effect, then sure. But that's not what I read in those leaks. They want you to burst and then do a bunch of enhanced plunging attacks. Most character's kits aren't even designed to benefit from this. I see people coping with Candace teams and such because they can't come up with much else.

The way it's described here, her buff could go many ways. Maybe it just enhances you to be able to do those improved jumps on your own, or it makes a field like you said. It's even possible it's just the burst that allows you to jump, with the skill being a plunging buff she applies to the team like Shenhe. I saw a lot of people refer to that anti-grav boss in Fontaine for the mechanics and how those plunge attacks would feel.

Pejo

I saw a lot of people refer to that anti-grav boss in Fontaine for the mechanics and how those plunge attacks would feel.
This is my nightmare. That boss feels like ass to fight the "right" way, I just try to kill him before he does his first ground pound because that high jump/low gravity field has terrible physics/controls.

l54no7jspz6c1.jpg

*edit*

Phase 1 banner 4*s. Not bad depending on your needs but I have all 3 at C6... Chev got Phase 2'd.
qpwta9xd3z6c1.jpg

Official drip marketing for Cloud Retainer, uhhh or Xianyun I guess...
They made EXTRA sure to not show any skin outside of the face, holy shit. Put her in a burka why not.

And the new twink du jour:

Chiyori clear view of playable model.
8851b9.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom