• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Like who even is Part 2 for?
Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

deanote666

As far as progress, it sounds like you're in Liyue, which I consider to be the most boring area in the entire game.

The heck you talking about?

Standing at the top of qingyun peak was breathtaking looking out at the scale of everything when standing on top of it.

The mist in between the pillars in huaguang stone forest looked awesome.

Pejo

Gold Member
The heck you talking about?

Standing at the top of qingyun peak was breathtaking looking out at the scale of everything when standing on top of it.

The mist in between the pillars in huaguang stone forest looked awesome.
The only good things about Liyue, in my opinion, are Chenyu Vale and the internal Chasm map and they came way later. The overworld was unremarkable. What area do you consider to be "more boring" than 1.0 Liyue?

Last edited:

deanote666

The only good things about Liyue, in my opinion, are Chenyu Vale and the internal Chasm map and they came way later. The overworld was unremarkable. What area do you consider to be "more boring" than 1.0 Liyue?
It's all relative. Back in 1.0, everything was new and exciting.

In 5.0, there's areas of the map I've barely touched in years. I spend more time in 1.0 areas than some of the newer areas actually. Newer areas are more pretty but 1.0 areas are more convenient for quick resource grabs or leyline runs to burn resin.

Pejo

Gold Member
It's all relative. Back in 1.0, everything was new and exciting.

In 5.0, there's areas of the map I've barely touched in years. I spend more time in 1.0 areas than some of the newer areas actually. Newer areas are more pretty but 1.0 areas are more convenient for quick resource grabs or leyline runs to burn resin.
Convenience wasn't my claim though, it was that the area was boring.

Pejo

Gold Member
Dang, that new Natlan event has a catalyst that's really good for Mualani. I didn't even see that there was a weapon reward until I went hunting red dots in the menu and found that I collected enough stuff to claim it.

If I had one complaint about Genshin's new major version patches, it's that they always have way too much to do right at the beginning of the patch. Wish they'd start these events at the 2nd banner of a new patch to give people some time to just do the exploration/unlocking waypoints stuff.

Dang, that new Natlan event has a catalyst that's really good for Mualani. I didn't even see that there was a weapon reward until I went hunting red dots in the menu and found that I collected enough stuff to claim it.
The craftable one is actually better for her. The event weapon's effect cooldown is too long. It can't compete. A shame, because thematically the event weapon is nicer.

If I had one complaint about Genshin's new major version patches, it's that they always have way too much to do right at the beginning of the patch. Wish they'd start these events at the 2nd banner of a new patch to give people some time to just do the exploration/unlocking waypoints stuff.
Yeah, I feel the same. They even encourage the player to quickly finish quests to get those additional rewards. Feels like I'm rushing through. On the other hand though, the extra materials you get are really useful in building your characters. I've been trying to have fun with Mualani but she kinda sucks in combat at lower investment. And at least there's a lot of exploration and world quests and such to do after the big quests are done. You shouldn't run out of things to do for a while.

To piggyback on the Liyue is boring topic:

I enjoyed that area immensely, I probably sound like a broken record, but I have wonderful memories of gliding around that area and listening to the beautiful music, so much verticality there, felt magical. Seeing into the distance, passing through the clouds as the sun set, finding cool little areas like the pool of water over by cloud retainers area.

Sumeru has been my least favorite area so far.

Quick question for anyone who knows: If I played the PS5 version a while back (I think I made an account with Hoyoverse I don't remember), can I eventually download the new Xbox version and load the same save?

To piggyback on the Liyue is boring topic:

I enjoyed that area immensely, I probably sound like a broken record, but I have wonderful memories of gliding around that area and listening to the beautiful music, so much verticality there, felt magical. Seeing into the distance, passing through the clouds as the sun set, finding cool little areas like the pool of water over by cloud retainers area.

Sumeru has been my least favorite area so far.
I enjoyed Liyue because I enjoyed Genshin. Finding out there was a huge second area to explore after Mondstadt was truly exciting. But looking back on it, both initial areas were mediocre. I'd say the first truly good content came into the game with Dragonspine.

Sumeru's forest area is great. The desert was a bit one-note, and I struggled with the lack of underground maps, but they fixed that. I think Sumeru is really good now as long as you space it all out a bit.

Quick question for anyone who knows: If I played the PS5 version a while back (I think I made an account with Hoyoverse I don't remember), can I eventually download the new Xbox version and load the same save?
Apparently Microsoft confirmed cross-progression during a Twitch stream, but I can't find the specific clip. Even if you played on your PSN account, you can link it to a regular Hoyo account and keep your progress on other platforms.

Pejo

Gold Member
The southwestern desert in Sumeru with the pyramids was great. It would have helped to have the underground map feature when they were released, but I still managed. I'm a big sucker for Egyptian themes and mythology though, so that probably makes me biased.

The desert area with the sandstorm was the absolute worst area in the game, IMO. I don't consider Liyue bad btw, just boring. The puzzles, the architecture, the landscapes are all boring. Thought so when I was playing through it for the first time, too. Mondstadt had a sort of "feels like home" thing going for it, but it's pretty standard too, but I loved Stormterror's domain and a few other areas, and obviously Dragonspine.

There are standout Liyue locations like the Stone Forest and Cloud Retainer's little mountaintop pond, but overall it didn't leave any strong impressions on me until Chasm and Chenyu Vale.

Anyways, Xilonen is getting special effects that activate if you are her using her signature weapon, similar to what we saw with Arlecchino:

Last edited:

jonnyXx

Anyways, Xilonen is getting special effects that activate if you are her using her signature weapon, similar to what we saw with Arlecchino:

Too bad you will rarely ever see this since she doesn't use her sword while in Nightsoul state, she kicks with her rollerblades.

I wish there was an option to always display weapons on characters instead of having them disappear.

So out of all these free charter in the 5.0 patch who do u recommend for a player who's like lvl 30
I have amber noell Lisa kaeya all lvl 40z atm

So I've been seeing some comments and videos disputing how capturing radiance works. Some people seem to think that the game keeps a tally of how many 50/50s you've lost in a row. After two losses in a row, the odds will change to 75/25. If you lose that one too, the next 5-star will be guaranteed. If you win with those increased odds, you will trigger the special animation. Apparently there's math and data to back this up, though I can't say if those are genuine.

To me this sounds better, since it limits bad luck streaks. It will trigger for the poor souls who really need it. But it also means the mechanic and thus the 55/45 isn't always available to players. It's important that we figure out how it works, so we might plan for it. According to this new theory, previous lost 50/50s don't count as it only starts tallying from 5.0 and on.

So out of all these free charter in the 5.0 patch who do u recommend for a player who's like lvl 30
I have amber noell Lisa kaeya all lvl 40z atm
You never pulled for any other characters? That's what it's really gonna depend on.

I'd say getting an on-field damage dealer like Diluc, Keqing or Tighnari is probably going to be the most fun for now, if you don't have any yet. But you're probably better off getting Mualani or Kinich from the limited banner if that's the case.

In terms of supportive characters, Jean is probably the most unique and fun. Dehya was considered terrible before, but she's become more relevant lately. Mona and Qiqi are the ones I'd recommend the least.

But really, all of these characters are easily replaceable. It depends on what else you already have and who you're planning to pull. If you don't (want to) plan ahead, just pick whoever you like the most.

jonnyXx

Just finished the theater on the new difficulty and it was actually fun. The new blessings they added are much more impactful, they buff reactions as well as give stat boosts to characters. Makes the scuffed team lineups you can end up with not so frustrating to play. That however makes it even easier than it already was, I fought the last boss with Neuvi, Arle, Tighnari and Clorinde🤣.

It was a cakewalk except I missed the flower on the last boss by 2 fucking seconds and you can't retry that boss after beating it, I'd have to redo the whole thing to get that last flower.

*edit*
Did it again and got the final flower on the last boss this time with Neuvi, Lyney, Kachina, and Collei. So yea with those blessings you can make anything work as long as you're triggering reactions.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Man Natlan Archon quest so far feels like I'm rewatching the Chunin exams from Naruto.

Missed opportunity by Hoyo in not making

The final 5 warriors summonable characters. Those 2 randoms there felt stupid as fuck.

Anyway Natlan is pretty fun. I dig the different mechanics and transversal the animals offer. Hats of, I'm surprised and liking it a lot.

I'm skipping Mualani, even thought I find her super cool, because Kinich and Ajaw mechanic it's just my cup of tea.

Last edited:
5.1 banners are supposedly Xilonen with Chiori, followed by Nahida with Hu Tao.

Who's pulling Hu Tao at this point? I theorized that maybe they'd bring back the Chronicled Wish in Liyue style to keep excitement up a bit in 5.1 since there's only one new character, but I guess not. Looks like they're going through all their Archons before Mavuika releases.

Nankatsu

Are you guys liking Mavuika's personality? Idk, while her design seems awesome, her personality feels a bit off.

I don't like her kumbaya vibe to be honest, at least not what I was expecting from the Pyro Archon.

And the whole time traveling mambo jambo, they went full Kingdom Hearts on this shit

Props to Mihoyo for sneaking Tupac into the game however :pie_roffles:

Last edited:
Are you guys liking Mavuika's personality? Idk, while her design seems awesome, her personality feels a bit off.

I don't like her kumbaya vibe to be honest, at least not what I was expecting from the Pyro Archon.

And the whole time traveling mambo jambo, they went full Kingdom Hearts on this shit

Props to Mihoyo for sneaking Tupac into the game however :pie_roffles:

I felt like that in the beginning but then her story tells us that she is a human who had human family and friends before she became an archon so she acts more like a human than a god/divine being.. This scene was super cute though. Took his weapon and then broke it. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

ap_puff

Neo Member
Hey guys, finally got my account approved. Some of you already have me on your friends list in game. So far I'm impressed with Natlan from a gameplay perspective but it feels like the music doesn't hit like it did in the other regions, is it just me?

Hey guys, finally got my account approved. Some of you already have me on your friends list in game. So far I'm impressed with Natlan from a gameplay perspective but it feels like the music doesn't hit like it did in the other regions, is it just me?
Really? I think it's fantastic and greatly varied too. African, Peruvian, Mexican, Brazilian, even Hawaiian, it's all mixed here. There has got to be something in there you like. My favorite is probably this one.

ap_puff

Neo Member
Really? I think it's fantastic and greatly varied too. African, Peruvian, Mexican, Brazilian, even Hawaiian, it's all mixed here. There has got to be something in there you like. My favorite is probably this one.
The music is solid but it really feels lacking in a unified theme. Like I can instantly remember the mondstadt, liyue, sumeru and fontaine themes but natlan isn't really hitting the same, maybe the point is that it's a diverse region that all has their own things going but it makes it kinda hard to identify with, idk if that makes sense

Pejo

Gold Member
So I've been on a trip for my gf's birthday for the past week or so, I don't get how you guys play this game on mobile for anything other than dailies. I ended up Zhongli'ing my daily resin dumps on new Natlan material bosses, but that's about all I was able to muster with touch controls. Zhongli feels damn near mandatory for mobile play because it doesn't matter what enemies are doing in that case. Natlan's daily quests aren't too bad, but I got unlucky draw a few times and had the "defend the pylon" type where I just Zhongli'd up and Arlecchino'd the enemies without bothering to adjust the camera. I can't believe that controller support on mobile is STILL exclusive to iOS. Apple must have paid a fortune or given up some % revenue share or something, because that would have made the entire thing so much better.

Welcome to the thread! I've been really enjoying the Natlan OST so far. The reggae-ish one is currently my favorite. You have to kinda keep in mind that the nation is split into tribes, so there won't be one congruent theme like in other nations. But the water tribe stuff is my jam. Mostly the character themes and boss themes end up being my favorite though, because they have more clear melodies.

*edit*

Boy, what a bad day to be able to read leaks.
tv95FqO.jpg

YXBMKeB.jpg

If they make Mavuika the first dogshit Archon...

Last edited:

ap_puff

Neo Member
So I've been on a trip for my gf's birthday for the past week or so, I don't get how you guys play this game on mobile for anything other than dailies. I ended up Zhongli'ing my daily resin dumps on new Natlan material bosses, but that's about all I was able to muster with touch controls. Zhongli feels damn near mandatory for mobile play because it doesn't matter what enemies are doing in that case. Natlan's daily quests aren't too bad, but I got unlucky draw a few times and had the "defend the pylon" type where I just Zhongli'd up and Arlecchino'd the enemies without bothering to adjust the camera. I can't believe that controller support on mobile is STILL exclusive to iOS. Apple must have paid a fortune or given up some % revenue share or something, because that would have made the entire thing so much better.

Welcome to the thread! I've been really enjoying the Natlan OST so far. The reggae-ish one is currently my favorite. You have to kinda keep in mind that the nation is split into tribes, so there won't be one congruent theme like in other nations. But the water tribe stuff is my jam. Mostly the character themes and boss themes end up being my favorite though, because they have more clear melodies.

*edit*

Boy, what a bad day to be able to read leaks.
tv95FqO.jpg

YXBMKeB.jpg

If they make Mavuika the first dogshit Archon...

That leak is sus as hell, also since when do they talk about C6 without mentioning the other aspects of the kit?

Pejo

Gold Member
Double 5-star banners? Like two new units in one banners?
That leak is sus as hell, also since when do they talk about C6 without mentioning the other aspects of the kit?
To be honest, leakers have been full of shit the past 3-4 versions now. Remember the pre-Natlan leaks that we weren't getting Kachina but we'd get a free Bennett? I'll wait at the very least until we get some corroborating evidence that some of these are true. I can see (and have been prepared) for Mavuika to be mostly off-field, since that's how all Archons are, but to only buff Natlan characters seems too much. Especially with how long we've been needing a good off-field pyro DPS to rival Xiangling.

Kinda crazy if we really are getting young Ping though. I thought for sure that one was all made up, but it keeps coming back.

I just REALLY don't want them to fuck up Mavuika, and there's potentially all kinds of ways that they can, and might.

*edit*

New potentially playable character (has a vision)

Named Ororon in English
i1lbJkC.jpg

Last edited:
I doubt they would allow the Archon of all characters to be underwhelming. I wouldn't be surprised if she could refill her teammates' nightsoul points, but I doubt they'd completely lock her to Natlan-only teams.

Apparently "Imisan" is a derogatory term for MHY that antis use to shit on the company and its games, so it's a bit hard to take those leaks seriously. Why would someone like that have access to this information and leak it?

Speaking of rarity though, in the Archon quest it's revealed that Iansan is one of the acknowledged reincarnated heroes so maybe that could indicate rarity? Kinda hoping for that.

deanote666

Just realized Tighnari, Dehya, and Qiqi are the only standard banner/lose 50/50 5* characters I don't have C6.

Having trouble stopping exploration to try and do the archon quest. How long does it take to complete? I'm at the stadium gonna take awhile warning.

I'm still stuck in Sumeru and man the story is bad here. I'm stuck in some quest where the day seems to be resetting or something like that. Does the story get any better in the other nations? I liked Inazuma a lot and thought the writing was getting better until I reached Sumeru.

Nankatsu

Just realized Tighnari, Dehya, and Qiqi are the only standard banner/lose 50/50 5* characters I don't have C6.

Having trouble stopping exploration to try and do the archon quest. How long does it take to complete? I'm at the stadium gonna take awhile warning.

A bit. You have at least 3 more story phases until you reach the end.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Is this a game anyone can begin at any time? Or because I’m so far behind I won’t get any of the good characters etc??

deanote666

Is this a game anyone can begin at any time? Or because I’m so far behind I won’t get any of the good characters etc??
At most, you missed out on a lot of free event weapons and a couple of limited time quests did have some important story. There's always youtube for the starfall and Albedo event stories.

The only game breaking character is Zhongli. His shield is easy mode. This game can be completed with any character so you can still play the game normally without a full roster. The game gives free copies of characters for regions new mechanics were introduced so the game gives you enough characters that you can complete the game.

Last edited:

Tiago Rodrigues

Gold Member
I said i hated Inazuma a while ago...i take that back.

Stuff like this made it impossible to hate anything from that place:

baal-inazuma.gif

I'm on Sumeru now. Stopped a bit for the new missions from Natlan and i now have Kazuha. Trying to go for his 5 star weapon. Don't care for the other character and i don't have 5 star weapons anyway.

Speaking of that queen above...i heard she's one of the next banners right? Fuck...i'll try to get that 5 star weapon and Raiden on the next ones.

The most important content in the game (exploration and story) are always available to anyone. At worst you won't be able to obtain as many characters as longtime players, but that's not a big deal. Most of them are luxury characters, so you don't have to absolutely get them.

Absolutely. You can clear all the story with the characters game provides you with. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

New characters are always getting released, and older ones will gets reruns if there’s someone you have your eye on.

I don’t pull for meta at all, I only pull based on who I like and who I think looks cool lol

Last edited:

deanote666

I said i hated Inazuma a while ago...i take that back.

Stuff like this made it impossible to hate anything from that place:

baal-inazuma.gif

I'm on Sumeru now. Stopped a bit for the new missions from Natlan and i now have Kazuha. Trying to go for his 5 star weapon. Don't care for the other character and i don't have 5 star weapons anyway.

Speaking of that queen above...i heard she's one of the next banners right? Fuck...i'll try to get that 5 star weapon and Raiden on the next ones.
How the heck did you get neogaf to let you post a gif?

Top Bottom