• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

I had a feeling Chevy would run with Raiden again, why did it have to be right before Xilonen though. :messenger_unamused:

I hope she's not going to be locked to Raiden banners cause it'd would mean we'll only see her once a year.

Ya that sucks lol I have Chev at C4, would love to get her to C6 but I can’t afford to pull on that banner and still have enough for Xil and/or Mavuika

ap_puff

Neo Member
honestly i don't get the hype behind chevreuse, overload still sucks and there's no grouping in a chevy team so you have to chase things down when they get knocked back

honestly i don't get the hype behind chevreuse, overload still sucks and there's no grouping in a chevy team so you have to chase things down when they get knocked back
Raiden Bennett Fischl Chev literally erases enemies.

Ya for mobs maybe it’s not the best, but for bigger enemies, it’s ridiculously OP

Pejo

5.0 part 2 event list:
5g0e3j3tgdod1.jpg

ydycsi3tgdod1.jpg

mnqwqi3tgdod1.jpg

jjui5j3tgdod1.jpg
Also, new web event for Kinich.
"Saurian Egg Adventures" — The web event for Genshin Impact's new character: Kinich is now available. https://hoyo.link/4E8kFBAL

Last edited:

Pejo

The Bomberman event is amazing lol, loved that game as a kid, pretty sure I still have a copy of Super Bomberman in a box somewhere
Man I didn't realize until this minigame how rusty I am at Bomberman. I used to be god-tier among my friends and would constantly kick their asses. Definitely not right now...

Quick reminder that if you do the water tribe's 3 'main' quests in the next 2 days, you get a handful of extra rewards that are limited time, including some Primos and mats for leveling Mualani. I almost forgot and missed out on them, but got it done tonight. Not as good as the archon quest, but it still had much better pacing than voiced quests of old. Kinda takes the place of a Mualani character quest though, it seems. I don't think we're gonna get any of those for the tribes people in Natlan. Hopefully Mavuika still gets one.

Nankatsu

I left Mualani's tribal quest for the end...sweet mother of god, what an horrible quest.

Go here, go there, insert horrible paimon cutscene speech, go there, go here, boring as fuck sumeru couple, go here, go there, insert horrible paimon cutscene speech.

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

Last edited:

ap_puff

Neo Member
I left Mualani's tribal quest for the end...sweet mother of god, what an horrible quest.

Go here, go there, insert horrible paimon cutscene speech, go there, go here, boring as fuck sumeru couple, go here, go there, insert horrible paimon cutscene speech.

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office
Yeah "the real treasure was the friends we made along the way" type bullshit

Pejo

I mean that's videogame quests as a whole really, just made slightly more annoying because of Paimon. I like how they mixed in the Mualani surfing parts at least. Better than old character story quests.

Anyways, supposed Mavuika kit basics:
zoYSiRK.png

I like that this implies that she can be used at C0 as either an off-field Pyro applicator or an on-field Pyro carry.

jonnyXx

Anyways, supposed Mavuika kit basics:
zoYSiRK.png

I like that this implies that she can be used at C0 as either an off-field Pyro applicator or an on-field Pyro carry.
Yea I fully expect she will be an on-fielder that can also work off-field like Raiden. I don't see her being strictly a support/sub DPS character.

Wtf, she really will have a motorcycle??
When I posted that fan art a while back of her on a flaming motorcycle I thought it was just someone having fun.
tfcgcjX.jpeg

Can travel on water, that should look pretty goofy. Can't wait to see this.

Pejo

Yea I fully expect she will be an on-fielder that can also work off-field like Raiden. I don't see her being strictly a support/sub DPS character.

Wtf, she really will have a motorcycle??
When I posted that fan art a while back of her on a flaming motorcycle I thought it was just someone having fun.
tfcgcjX.jpeg

Can travel on water, that should look pretty goofy. Can't wait to see this.
Kinda out of place in Teyvat but I'll allow it from the perspective of the Rule of Cool™

So far so good for my most hyped character in the game, here's hoping HoYo doesn't nuke her fun/numbers in the betas.

ap_puff

Neo Member
Kinda out of place in Teyvat but I'll allow it from the perspective of the Rule of Cool™

So far so good for my most hyped character in the game, here's hoping HoYo doesn't nuke her fun/numbers in the betas.
She's an archon, I don't think they've f'ed any of them up since the zhongli debacle

jonnyXx

Maybe too out of place to be honest. Also I think it would have been mentioned in the her kit info since Natlan characters' combat is designed around their traversal skills.
Mualani and her shark, Kinich and his hook, and Xilonen with her rollerblades.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Pejo

Maybe too out of place to be honest. Also I think it would have been mentioned in the her kit info since Natlan characters' combat is designed around their traversal skills.
Mualani and her shark, Kinich and his hook, and Xilonen with her rollerblades.

I'll believe it when I see it.
Yea I am reminded of old leaks about Raiden/Nahida that were wrong and Furina controlling gravity, so I'll just sit here with my grains of salt for now. But I don't hate the idea outright. It'd be awesome if (not as a focus, but a side bonus) Mavuika let the whole team use Phlogiston outside of Natlan if they're in the same party. Would be kinda a novel way to wrap up Natlan and increase the value of all of the characters.

Anyways, I am not hyped for Kinich or anything, but gat damn HoYo knows how to make a character trailer. Weirdly this only has JP audio but it's on the EN YouTube account, wonder if there's more VA drama or the intern uploaded it to the wrong YouTube account.

How many references did you guys get? I'm probably wrong about several of these but I counted 10.
Mega Man
Pokemon
Ready Player One maybe? (which in itself is a reference)
Snake
Pacman
Not sure which 2D platformer that was supposed to be
Monster Boy
Breath of Fire 4?
Marvel vs. Capcom
Dragon Quest

jonnyXx

Anyways, I am not hyped for Kinich or anything, but gat damn HoYo knows how to make a character trailer. Weirdly this only has JP audio but it's on the EN YouTube account, wonder if there's more VA drama or the intern uploaded it to the wrong YouTube account.
Probably has to do with the fact that they are voiced by the Sasuke and Naruto VAs.

ap_puff

Neo Member
Yea I am reminded of old leaks about Raiden/Nahida that were wrong and Furina controlling gravity, so I'll just sit here with my grains of salt for now. But I don't hate the idea outright. It'd be awesome if (not as a focus, but a side bonus) Mavuika let the whole team use Phlogiston outside of Natlan if they're in the same party. Would be kinda a novel way to wrap up Natlan and increase the value of all of the characters.

How many references did you guys get? I'm probably wrong about several of these but I counted 10.
Mega Man
Pokemon
Snake
Pacman
Monster Boy
Breath of Fire 4?
Marvel vs. Capcom
Dragon Quest

Its due to VA stuff, they had some Chinese dude host the ZZZ Livestream the other day and you could tell cause of his accent. I was actually really impressed with their English abilities for an ESL person.

Pejo

I haven't done the knave quest so I just jump right into her boss fight since I need to her materials.

Why in the flying fuck is she so damn hard?
She has patterned attacks, a 'break' gimmick, and high HP/damage, aka an actual boss. If you want an easier time, take a strong healer like Qiqi or Kokomi and somebody that fits charge attacks in their kit easily like Wrio. The main gimmick outside of dodging her painful attacks is to wait until you get hit with Bond of Life, then heal it away. You get a red floating feather buff that circles your character. When you have that, land a charge attack on her and it shreds her resistences and stuns her for a while so you can pile on damage. You can also just ignore the mechanics and overpower her with someone like Navia, but I find this to be the one encounter in the game where it's quicker to actually do the mechanics. My usual team is Navia/Yae/Kokomi/friendship farming character for my weekly run. Zhongli would also probably be a good 4th, but you still need to heal away the bond of life, so you can't replace a healer in this fight.

deanote666

I haven't done the knave quest so I just jump right into her boss fight since I need to her materials.

Why in the flying fuck is she so damn hard?
She is a harbinger after all. Childe was extremely hard back in the 1.1 era and sometimes took a couple of attempts in multiplayer. In the actual story quest with knave, we lose that fight.

Got tired of the 3 fatui dudes so I revived my 3rd genshin account that was still on the beach. Made a beeline for that waypoint in Natlan. Went through Liyue, to the Sumeru forest northern waverider point, to Fontaine, back down to the Sumeru desert, and finally to Natlan. Now I just need to get the AR up to 16...

Got a Barbara on that account. Now to pick which 5* I want on that account... Choices....

Last edited:

Mega Man
Pokemon
Snake
Pacman
Monster Boy
Breath of Fire 4?
Marvel vs. Capcom
Dragon Quest

I hate pixelated retro graphics with a passion so this trailer immediately erased all my interest for him. :messenger_expressionless:

Ya it clashes with everything around it, doesn’t look good.

So today I was doing some bounties and I used my Alhaitham team that has Collei, Shinobu, and Fischl…. And wow, the bounty enemy just disappeared lololol, I knew aggravate was powerful but this shit put things in perspective. It was so fast, one moment the enemy was there the next it was gone. Insane. And he’s just fairly well built not fully maxed at all lol

Pejo

So I finally got around to trying the new iteration of the Imaginarium. Not as bad as I feared after just reading the details, but holy shit was I unprepared for that Vishap boss at floor 8. You need a Dendro character to break his shield (that does HIGH AoE DoT to anyone standing inside of it) and his attacks strip 100% of the energy of the character that gets hit while he has the shield up. The only Dendro character I had in my roster available at that fight was fucking Baizhu, and for some reason (not sure if his shield also blocks ranged projectiles or what) but he couldn't hit the vishap unless he was inside the circle, while getting DoT'd to death and if I messed up one dodge my whole energy gauge was gone. That was a bit fucking overtuned for floor 8, I feel like. Ended up barely eking out a win with Arle/Kokomi/Kaz/Baizhu

Anyways, I was scared because I had to use my reserve Arlecchino to beat the Vishap, and I figured floor 10 was gonna be rough, but I ended up getting my Alhaitham out of a "random cast member" in stage 9 and fucking toasted the abyss dude at the end in less than a minute.

I am not a frequenter of the Abyss, but I think that Vishap just might have been the hardest encounter I've run into in the game, period.

*edit*

Keep in mind Zhongli and Keqing are getting Echoes next patch (the new running trail cosmetic thing), so you might wanna save your keys if you like either of them.
hkH3JvdRrU0sW0a_WdnSG0W-2TOFjHvXg8dpqgtuwEY.png

Last edited:

jonnyXx

So today I was doing some bounties and I used my Alhaitham team that has Collei, Shinobu, and Fischl…. And wow, the bounty enemy just disappeared lololol, I knew aggravate was powerful but this shit put things in perspective. It was so fast, one moment the enemy was there the next it was gone. Insane. And he’s just fairly well built not fully maxed at all lol
Fischl is strong in aggravate teams, still waiting for a rerun so I can finally C6 her. She hasn't run since the 4.1 banner... Come on hoyo.

This is what scares me about skipping Chevy now, that it will probably be a year for another rerun. Ugh.
But I'm already at 40+pulls in pity and do not want Kinich or Raiden.

Scared Will Ferrell GIF by La Guarimba Film Festival

Pejo

Zhongli's trail looks like bad smell or something lol, like he's running and leaving wafts of fecal particles behind :messenger_fearful:
It'd be hilarious if modders change the chinese letters/characters into words that mean "smell" and "stink" when it comes out. I think I read that they updated it since that leak, but not sure.

Anyways, best bird got featured in the official mid-autumn festival art:
tt7158zcodpd1.jpg

Thought Kinich was actually pretty fun in the trial. No clue if he's strong though, probably another character who will depend a lot on Mavuika and possibly Emilie. I can see how some might be bothered by his video game theme, but I don't mind it. But wouldn't those references be more appreciated by (mostly) male players and thus a better fit on a female character? Just my gut feeling.

Anyone else confused why we're getting the Ley Line Overflow event now? They usually save those filler events 'till the last week.

jonnyXx

Tried a few single pulls hoping to get lucky with Chevy and got Kinich after 6 pulls...fuck.
Well I guess I can toss a few 10 pulls now.

*edit*

Welp Chevy eludes me again.
Got 3 Thomas, 1 Sara, 1 Stringless.

Last edited:

Pejo

Thought Kinich was actually pretty fun in the trial. No clue if he's strong though, probably another character who will depend a lot on Mavuika and possibly Emilie. I can see how some might be bothered by his video game theme, but I don't mind it. But wouldn't those references be more appreciated by (mostly) male players and thus a better fit on a female character? Just my gut feeling.

Anyone else confused why we're getting the Ley Line Overflow event now? They usually save those filler events 'till the last week.
Yea I love the pixel theme stuff. It doesn't make much sense in Natlan (yet?) but Nahida's keyboard didn't either, and nobody really complained about that.

As far as the leyline thing, I think the mentioned in a dev Q&A a while ago that they want to increase the frequency of that type of event to help ease the burdern for players to build new characters. So hopefully it's just something we start seeing more often, not just a signal that it's dead patch time.

Tried a few single pulls hoping to get lucky with Chevy and got Kinich after 6 pulls...fuck.
Well I guess I can toss a few 10 pulls now.
Bro, you and I...

40 pulls after 0 pity from getting Mualani last banner: Zero Chevs (my target) pulled. I know that just because I got the featured 5* twice in 40 pulls today doesn't mean I would have gotten it on Xilonen's banner instead, but this fucking HURTS considering I had to lose 50/50 and max pity Mualani.
z59Wr0u.jpg

I just know some CN dev was sitting there manipulating my pulls and laughing because I shat on Lyney a year ago.

On the bright side, Kinich seems fun from the trial and at least now I don't have to use those ugly green gremlin monsters for traversal/puzzles I guess.

ap_puff

Neo Member
I'm actually glad I stepped away from genshin for a couple months... All the fomo for pulling on banners just kind of evaporated. Saving all my pulls for xilonen and maybe I'll have a few left over for mavuika

My god the quest with Zurvan and Sorush in Sumeru and the Rite of Ab-Zohr was absolutely amazing. Good lore dump near the end and the visuals with the tree and purifying everything blew me away, and the music…. The music was outstanding. The track that has the female vocals is beautiful.
Anyone know what that track is called?

Edit
The quest line was Khvarena of Good and Evil I believe

Edit2
For all the mundane shit that you do in this game it’s moments like this that make it so meaningful and amazing. Seriously got me a little emotional over here.

The track plays at Vourukasha Oasis, Sumeru if you guys ever need to just close your eyes and relax. I know I’ll be coming back here often.

Last edited:

Pejo

My god the quest with Zurvan and Sorush in Sumeru and the Rite of Ab-Zohr was absolutely amazing. Good lore dump near the end and the visuals with the tree and purifying everything blew me away, and the music…. The music was outstanding. The track that has the female vocals is beautiful.
Anyone know what that track is called?

Edit
The quest line was Khvarena of Good and Evil I believe
Yea Sumeru gets shit on a lot, but that top left area where you've just explored was a top 3 areas in Genshin for me. Sorush is a good little grumpy ass companion too. Still not quite as grumpy as Liloupar, (who was my favorite temporary companion despite her area sucking ass), but Sorush was great

Yea Sumeru gets shit on a lot, but that top left area where you've just explored was a top 3 areas in Genshin for me. Sorush is a good little grumpy ass companion too. Still not quite as grumpy as Liloupar, (who was my favorite temporary companion despite her area sucking ass), but Sorush was great
Ya the entire quest line was fun, the puzzles in the machines, and the visuals in each location, clearing the filth out, etc… textbook definition of a grand adventure. Made me reconsider Sumeru as a whole. The music at the end is touching and was a perfect capstone to the whole experience. I’m just so happy I can go back there and listen to it whenever I want.
Man I judged Sumeru too harshly.

ap_puff

Neo Member
Ya the entire quest line was fun, the puzzles in the machines, and the visuals in each location, clearing the filth out, etc… textbook definition of a grand adventure. Made me reconsider Sumeru as a whole. The music at the end is touching and was a perfect capstone to the whole experience. I’m just so happy I can go back there and listen to it whenever I want.
Man I judged Sumeru too harshly.
it's pretty interesting how everyone interprets the game differently lol, i thought that area was just mid, i enjoyed the multilayered labyrinths of the desert and getting lost in them, and i thought the best part of sumeru was the first section with the archon quest and aranara lol

Pejo

it's pretty interesting how everyone interprets the game differently lol, i thought that area was just mid, i enjoyed the multilayered labyrinths of the desert and getting lost in them, and i thought the best part of sumeru was the first section with the archon quest and aranara lol
You bring up a good point because I fucking hated the Aranara quests, and the only jungle area I liked was the rainforest in the south. Well I guess the mushroom area was ok too, but there wasn't much going on there.

Anyways, got Kinich to 80 with spare mats I had laying around and all of the fruit things (his ascension mats) that I could find without going to somebody else's world. I'm a little annoyed with how good he is. Traversal is so much more fun and quicker with his double grapple, and it seems to use actual physics instead of just losing all momentum like when you use the glider. You can effectively use it once to get airborn, then hold the button, adjust the aim in the opposite direction and effectively slingshot yourself really far. His Burst is fantastic for off-field Dendro application. It lasts 15 seconds which is an eternity as far as HoYo is concerned. Even his skill, at level 1, was hitting for 20k on the Nightsoul point burst part at level 70. I'm not sure how much I'll invest in him, and I'm not crazy about Burn teams yet, but he's definitely gonna be a mainstay in my party while questing around Natlan until Chasca comes out.

Top Bottom