• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gentle Lovers FC - A brief history of wetness |PS4 FIFA 15 Pro Clubs|

9HQOhAc.png

To those who want to join the club:
Please post here with your PSN name so we know who you are when you friend request/club request. Thank you!

wNW9axj.png

After the club hung it's boots up just a short month ago, here we are ready for FIFA 15 Pro Clubs. After spending a lot of time playing the demo, I'm not sure what to expect from this year with regards to Pro Clubs, but I'm...optimistic? Seems ill-advised for an EA game.

Real talk though, how to join:

Post in this thread with your PSN name! Search for Gentle Lovers in Pro Clubs, and request to join. It is crazy important to post here first, because we get inundated with requests from random people. Is this your first time playing FIFA? Then don't be afraid, you are already probably better than some of our members. But I still want to emphasize: ALL GAF MEMBERS ARE WELCOME!

Search for Gentle Lovers or friend me and find it!

Posting to join is simple. Follow this form below:

NeoGAF Username, PSN Name, twitter (optional)

Managers:
Menelaus, BigPapaGlueHands, @Menel4us
Awesome Animals, SavetheTurtles, @tfisher21
Cornballer, BornCaller, @CornBaller

Members:
sneaky77, trapperkreeper
TheVisualizer, TheVisualizer
ijm72, younghov72, @Dat_Handle
Hasney, Hasney, @Hasney
DagsJT, Dazimus, DagsJT
V1lla21, v1lla21, @BasedYeezy
Meier, abellwillring, @abellwillring
TheCobraTwister, TheCobraTwister
Blablurn, DimiKun
Into, IntoTheN1ght
Got the Shakes, GotTheShakes
roddjbrown, roddjbrown, roddjbrown
kctrav, KCTRAV
iFootball, NullPointer
Rikkun, RickyPio, @rikkungaf
smoothj, pichofly
misteroms, zilou
DeadlyVirus, VirusPT
zychi, zychi
Madridista, Anastacio
robertoci, robertoci
ProtoCents, Horry43
Ryhian, Ryhian, @Ryhian09
Guled, Nytekrawla, @GuledArale
Mil6es Mil6es @Mil6es
Sol.. , afridgetoofar
DanteGhost, Kanon88
darknil, juanbumo
Jezabel, Joshizzled, @MuzMUFC
Rodelero, TrenchBucket, @xaor
PsychoWARD23, Psychoward23
sestrugen, sestrugen, @sestrugen
MrLuchador, MrLuchador, @MrLuchador
makeitawkward, makeitawkward
Cigol, Cigoler
NHale, NFFD
Spectrum128, XDaveyboyX, @davmcintosh
Roulette, pointystick
florin3k3, florin4k4

Typically, we will post in this thread when we are going to starting a session, and will probably spam whoever is online at the moment to let them know as well. Sometimes, twitter is used.

Highlight Reel

There is a reason we call ourselves the Gentle Lovers.
Finally, feel free to friend each other, and us as we play and get to know each other. We are very vocal and chatty over comms, and it should come as no surprise that we care more about the chatter than the game sometimes. Seriously, we don't care about quality of play. We enjoy playing with each other and that has carried over into other games.

i2APWeO3EUtxw.gif

Let’s go get wet!

EDIT: If you want to check Club stats and whatnot online, you can do that here if you're logged into your EA/FIFA account.

ardscw.gif

DagsJT

DagsJT, Dazimus, DagsJT

Played Clubs a few times with randoms so looking forward to getting involved with an actual club.

sneaky77

There is a reason we call ourselves the Gentle Lovers.
Finally, feel free to friend each other, and us as we play and get to know each other. We are very vocal and chatty over comms, and it should come as no surprise that we care more about the chatter than the game sometimes. Seriously, we don't care about quality of play. We enjoy playing with each other and that has carried over into other games.

This.. is very important. We like to win obviously and we will rib each other for stupid stuff.. but it's all in good fun.

v1lla21

ello :D
I'd like to join for the first time
V1lla21, v1lla21, @BasedYeezy

Oh yeah, Tuesday is also my birthday so I'm not going to play on release.

Meier

Meier, abellwillring, @abellwillring

I'm going to be traveling on Tuesday but I'll be ready to get wet on Wednesday. Can't wait!

Hmmm, might not be able to play tomorrow night, but I should be on a bit later this week.

Are there any other regulars from last season that haven't signed up yet?

Hmmm, might not be able to play tomorrow night, but I should be on a bit later this week.

Other than Ryhian who said he's not getting the game right when it comes out, the only others who played more than a few games with us last year were:

NullPointer
Starfleets
Robertoci
Koji

Edit: I forgot BigPete

Someone needs to find the FIFA15 equivalent to the Destiny "Cave of Wonders" I could use to grind levels for my virtual pro. I need to unlock that big throw ASAP so I can do the intentionally slow walk to help us time waste at the end of games again this year. Hopefully EA didn't remove my signature move!

Besides that's about the only thing I'm useful for on this club...

sneaky77

Someone needs to find the FIFA15 equivalent to the Destiny "Cave of Wonders" I could use to grind levels for my virtual pro. I need to unlock that big throw ASAP so I can do the intentionally slow walk to help us time waste at the end of games again this year. Hopefully EA didn't remove my signature move!

Besides that's about the only thing I'm useful for on this club...

and pks

Rikkun

I'd love to play with you guys, but I'm afraid I'll understand 5% of the things you say, judging by how poorly I do at the phone at work.

Anyway

Rikkun - RickyPio - @rikkungaf

Almost forgot about those. I nominate myself to take all free kicks this year just like the good ole days.

I'd love to play with you guys, but I'm afraid I'll understand 5% of the things you say, judging by how poorly I do at the phone at work.

Anyway

Rikkun - RickyPio - @rikkungaf
Football/soccer is its own universal language. You will be fine. Besides I will forever hold the title of worst player on this club until I get loaned, sold, or retired

sneaky77

Almost forgot about those. I nominate myself to take all free kicks this year just like the good ole days.

Football/soccer is its own universal language. You will be fine. Besides I will forever hold the title of worst player on this club until I get loaned, sold, or retired

you are a great defender dude, I am not sure what you talking about.

But you like to make it interesting by giving the ball away to their forwards lol

just giving you shit mate, love playing with you

I'd be lying if I didn't sit here confused for five minutes trying to figure out how my post got edited... :D

Also, my schedule is spotty this week as well. Should be on a bit tomorrow, but will be out of town until Sat. for work.

My girlfriend heads off on holiday on Friday - release day. This has worked out superbly. I'll be on as soon as the world's worst postman throws it at my front door on Friday

iFootball

Picking-up my copy today after work!!... I'll get my Pro going once again, including downloading my gameface

Got myself the PS4 Gold wireless headset a couple of months ago as well, so I should 'sound' better this time around

Rikkun

I scored my first goal as a RW, I forgot how hard it can be for someone short and skinny to play Pro Clubs ._.

The Club is up and running. To join up, just send a friend request to one of the three managers (BigPapaGlueHands, SavetheTurtles, or Borncaller). Once you're added as a friend, you should be able to join the club. I'm probably not going to be on tonight, so you're best served hitting up BigPapaGlueHands or SavetheTurtles to get yourself onto the team.

Post here if you have any problems, and we'll figure it out.

Ryhian

As some others stated I'll be picking up the game in a few weeks. Looking forward to costing you guys some games!

Ryhian, Ryhian, @Ryhian09

Rikkun

Thanks for the invite Menelaus, but I'll go to bed.

Also, FIFA decided to kick me out of a drop in pro clubs match and to never let me come back. Probably rebooting the console would've worked, because the game just said I needed to connect to PSN first.

Top Bottom