• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Germany Best Selling Games of September 2024: EA FC 25 #1, The Crew 2 #2, Space Marine 2 #3, Astro Bot #4, Hogwarts Legacy #5

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Machine Translation:
EA SPORTS FC 25" (Electronic Arts) topped the official game charts in September. Just a few days after its release, the latest title in the football simulation series made it to the top of the charts. Two other new releases also landed in the top 5 best-selling PC and console games in Germany: The new third-person shooter from the "Warhammer" universe "Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2" (Focus Entertainment) took third place and the jump 'n' run "Astro Bot" (Sony Interactive Entertainment) entered the charts at number 4. The open-world racing game "The Crew 2" (Ubisoft) made a comeback in second place.

The action-adventure game "The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom" (Nintendo), which was released at the end of September, made it to seventh place. In eighth place is the latest title of the “NBA” basketball simulation “NBA 2K25” (2K) and the also newly released online racing game “Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown” (Nacon) secures twelfth place.

Top 20 most purchased PC and console games as downloads and on data storage media in September 2024 in Germany:
p48nmxH.png

Saber

Hogwarts Legacy seems will not be gonna from most of charts that soon. Bad news for a bunch of weirdos and possibly some wakcos inside since there isn't much of news about this game either(must be internal struggle).

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Astrobot selling THAT much more than StarWars: Outlaws has to mean something! We know Outlaws sold 1 million in 1 month. Do we have any idea how much Space Marine 2 has sold in the first month?

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
So Space Marine 2 has to be selling way more than it was supposed to, right? I really don't know much about the franchise.

Astrobot selling THAT much more than StarWars: Outlaws has to mean something! We know Outlaws sold 1 million in 1 month. Do we have any idea how much Space Marine 2 has sold in the first month?

Space Marine 2 did 2 million on launch day. Yes, this was a breakout game for the franchise.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
Makes me wonder how close AstroBot is close to or around 2 million sold. Since Space Marine 2 is over 3 million (more than likely) and Outlaws did only 1 million in September.

Astro Bot is really hurt by being only on PS5. That's why I think they should port it to PS4 even without dual sense. You'd probably get an extra 2-3 million lifetime.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Astro Bot is really hurt by being only on PS5. That's why I think they should port it to PS4 even without dual sense. You'd probably get an extra 2-3 million lifetime.
No they are best to focus on the console that has room for growth. Not the PS4. The PS5 can grow 100% bigger than it current is right now. The PS4 has maybe 1% of growth left it in.

Either way, look at what I found.....

PlayStation 5 is Sony's fastest-selling games console after surpassing 10 million sales worldwide.

The new console reached the figure on July 18th, just under a month faster than the PlayStation 4 managed.

Other sales figures released by Sony includes that Spider-Man: Miles Morales has sold over 6.5 million copies since its launch last year. PS5 exclusives Returnal, released in April, has exceeded 560,000 copies, and Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, which was released last month, is already on over 1.1 million units worldwide.

So R&C: Rift Apart sold 1.1 million units in the first month. And Astrobot is outdoing it everywhere launch aligned. It wouldn't surprise me if Astrobot is at 1.5 or so million sales by now. And at $60 a piece, that's 90 million in one month. For a game that was probably between $30-$50 million to make!

Last edited:

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
No they are best to focus on the console that has room for growth. Not the PS4. The PS5 can grow 100% bigger than it current is right now. The PS4 has maybe 1% of growth left it in.

Either way, look at what I found.....

So R&C: Rift Apart sold 1.1 million units in the first month. And Astrobot is outdoing it everywhere launch aligned. It wouldn't surprise me if Astrobot is at 1.5 or so million sales by now. And at $60 a piece, that's 90 million in one month. For a game that was probably between $30-$50 million to make!

Rift Apart was 70.

Top Bottom