• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Germany machete attack: Syrian refugee kills one and injures others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh believe me the crime rate of refugees are much higher.

Sexual harassment alone from refugees is a daily basis now.

So many cases where refugees just grab women between the legs in bathhouses for example.

I-dont-believe-you.gif

Gandie

So many cases where refugees just grab women between the legs in bathhouses for example.

That's right wing propaganda that hasn't been proven in any way and frankly it's disgusting behavior to repeat those statements, especially in your condescending tone.

Meguro

Banned
How about instead of claiming the crime rate is much higher you post some proof to back up your xenophobic claims?
Either back it up or fuck off.

These threads always go the same way.
On-topic, terrible. I hope the injured make it.

Yep, another function of government is to protect foreign citizens seeking refuge from civil war

That's not a function of any democratically elected government whatsoever. It is the government of a country being kind, it is not obligated to do said kind acts.

Anyway, does Germany have an end plan on what they are planning to do with the refugees. Last I read they are still in those camps.

Sch1sm

Not in that amount. Stop being so ignorant if you think its not much higher with refugees.

Its just facts.

I dont want this shit to happen but when you hear that shit multiple times in a week its just like that. Many have no respect for women in general.

Got stats? Reputable articles and studies on instances of criminal behaviour and its correlation with refugees? Anything?

------

Hopefully the injured come out okay.

Bedlam

Not in that amount. Stop being so ignorant if you think its not much higher with refugees.
How about you start providing some hard numbers to back up your sweeping generalizations. It's either that or STFU.

For the record: there are problems with the refugee situation and we need to work hard on the solutions. Demonizing many thousands for the crimes of very few is not the way and actually counter-productive.

typist

That's not a function of any democratically elected government whatsoever. It is the government of a country being kind, it is not obligated to do said kind acts.

Lolkay. A government protecting its own citizens is also just being kind and not fulfilling any moral obligation

justjohn

Very easy to say. It took a lot of courage to say/do what she said/did.

Doing nothing while thousands drown in the Mediteranean, is that what she should have done? GIve me a tolerant society over a fear-mongering every day of the week.
It was very noble/nice thing she did but unfortunately not workable in the real world and we're seeing it happen right before us. She's put the safety of her people at risk, and given the far right a boost.
She's a fantastic politician and I really admire her but this was a pretty boneheaded move I'm afraid.

la_briola

How about you start providing some hard numbers to back up your sweeping generalizations. It's either that or stfu.

For the record: there are problems with the refugee situation and we need to work hard on the solutions. Demonizing many thousands for the crimes of very few is not the way and actually counter-productive.

He/she will claim that the stats are wrong, because the police are fudging them.

C0unter

Source? Every single data we have shows that refugees and immigrants ( even illegal) commit crime far less than native population.

Meguro

Banned
I live in Germany, for your info.
I want stats, reports.
Not anecdotal evidence.
Cause if we're talking anecdotal I have some stuff to talk about regarding sexual harassment from Germans.

Gandie

High horse?

Many from you maybe not live in germany but there are multiple cases where shit like that happens in local regions.

I live in Germany and work with young refugees to help them adjust to life after war and destruction. Maybe you should do the same instead of spreading lies and propaganda from behind your computer screen.

Anfony O

Its just facts.

I dont want this shit to happen but when you hear that shit multiple times in a week its just like that. Many have no respect for women in general.

As much as I'de love to take your word for it, i'de like some properely conducted studies which demonstrate that the inteoduction of refugees into germany has actually influnced the crime rate.

If he had a history of violence already, I'm sorry but why is he still in the country? Should have been on the first flight back to where he came from.

Jacobi

Banned
We definitely need harder punishments. This guy was already known to the police, but probably got no punishment at all. Makes them think they can do everything

Kinyou

Salz01

No I think national security and protecting the people who voted for you is more important, but perhaps that's just me.

I totally agree. This whole 'we need to help everybody' mentality needs to stop. Because you can never help everybody.

73V3N

Banned
Lots of "German" people do crime and harm each other as well. Deport all Germans as well?

People are being so ridiculous with how much they generalize so much.

Were you trying to be smart with that? cause it didn't sound smart at all

If he had a history of violence already, I'm sorry but why is he still in the country? Should have been on the first flight back to where he came from.
You can't deport people to war zones. But I agree that if he has a history of violence, he should not have been able to walk around freely in society.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member

What? He was "known to the police", no one said anything about a "history of violence". Where does this come from?

Forsythia

Now deport this asshole (and everyone like him). Come to a country which offers you help and you go around killing people there. Fuck off then.

bidguy

Banned
High horse?

Many from you maybe not live in germany but there are multiple cases where shit like that happens in local regions.

i fucking live in germany so where are your stats ? reports ? youre just a right wing idiot or spouting whatever theyre saying either way youre an asshole

A machete?...
Fucking hell.

So in this rare case the attacker is still alive. So hopefully we'll get information of what exactly happened that made this fucking idiot do this.

Corto

We definitely need harder punishments. This guy was already known to the police, but probably got no punishment at all. Makes them think they can do everything

Well that's the rule of law. People have rights. Even foreigners. The police can't jail a person without due process. Any person.

frontovik

Banned
Sad news, but an ethnic group should not be condemned because of his actions.

Also, please don't sprout nonsense about stats if you don't have the source to back it up, it's just embarrassing and makes you look like a moron.

High horse?

Links links links.

I live in Frankfurt. I walk past a refugee center each day. Dunno, those guys look friendly to me. Also haven't tried to grab my female friends between their legs so far.

Corto

Now deport this asshole (and everyone like him). Come to a country which offers you help and you go around killing people there. Fuck off then.

He'll be prosecuted and charged in Germany where the crime happened. He won't be deported.

Nere

I still think Merkel should had done a referendum about the refugees and let the people decide. A single person cannot take a decision as important as the one Merkel took on her own.

What? He was "known to the police", no one said anything about a "history of violence". Where does this come from?

Sorry, I misread. History with the police doesn't sound great though and I still question why he is allowed refuge or free movement, plenty of other people worthy of help that aren't "known" to law enforcement.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
A machete?...
Fucking hell.

So in this rare case the attacker is still alive. So hopefully we'll get information of what exactly happened that made this fucking idiot do this.

He got into an argument with a woman near the bus station, then he hurt her with the machete. There's no indication of a terrorist background, if that's what you're implying, this seems to be a seperated case of a random loon.

He got into an argument with a woman near the bus station, then he hurt her with the machete. There's no indication of a terrorist background, if that's what you're implying, this seems to be a seperated case of a random loon.

I was not implying anything. I was just curious what made him do this.
What made him carry a machete in the first place.
Why were they fighting, etc.

Nere

Principate

Saint Titanfall

Anyway, does Germany have an end plan on what they are planning to do with the refugees. Last I read they are still in those camps.
Yes it actually is, it's called the Geneva convention and human right, the parts pertaining to refugees, you should check them up sometime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom