• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective |OT| Spoiler: The Main Character Dies

Jesus Christ just INJECT IT INTO MY VEINS RIGHT GODDAMN NOW I NEED IT I NEED IT I NEED IT I NEED IT I NEED IT I NEED IT I NEED IT I NEED IT I NEED IT I NEED IT I NEED IT I NEED IT I NEED IT I NEED IT I NEED IT I NEED IT.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I AM JOHN! said:
Jesus Christ just INJECT IT INTO MY VEINS RIGHT GODDAMN NOW I NEED IT I NEED IT I NEED IT I NEED IT I NEED IT I NEED IT I NEED IT I NEED IT I NEED IT I NEED IT I NEED IT I NEED IT I NEED IT I NEED IT I NEED IT I NEED IT.

elN13.jpg

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
God damn this came out of nowhere. Between this and tracking down a copy of 999 before it's completely impossible to find, my gaming budgets gonna be tight this month. Fucking college tuition :p

Dash Kappei said:
What's the EU date for the DS version?
What about the iOS version, it should be out soon?
AFAIK, this game has not been announced for the EU and the iOS version has not been announced for outside Japan.

stupei

Between this and the (supposed) English language release of Inazuma Eleven, the DS is really off to a great start in 2011.

Day 1. I'm a bit surprised this is a full price title, but that's what you get when Nintendo publishes your core games I guess. It's absolutely worth the price, though. <3

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Demo was hot stuff. It took some getting used to the restricted movement but once you figure out there's a lot of different combinations you can make it's awesome

El-Suave

This game and Inazuma Eleven are the main reasons I've justified my recent DSi XL upgrade with.
Entirely unreasonable with 3DS coming out soon, but after the DS demo I knew it needed to happen.

Just tried out the demo available on DS Download...hmm. It was definitely entertaining, but it took me a couple tries to figure out the solution. I'm obviously interested in the bundle pack Capcom is offering, anyone know when that runs till?

Edit: Eh, what the fuck. I went for it.

OMG Aero

So since this game is already out in Japan, does anyone know how long it is meant to be? It looks like the game is laid out in episodes like the Phoenix Wright games, and from gameplay videos I've seen, the flash demo is pretty much the entire first part missing a couple of minutes at the end.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I was playing this right now

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
w-wait, iOS?

ok, looks like I'll wait for that version then.

zigg

Review copies are out. Seems mine just arrived today.

I am probably going to be totally unobjective about this one. (EDIT: That's not a word, is it?)

I'll probably get both versions.

But the iOS version of Ace Attorney was terrible. Very little of the content was stored locally, so you essentially streamed most of the game. I am going to wait and see if Ghost Trick is that bad and if they release all the episodes before I pounce on it.

And you should wait for it! It's the superior version (higher resolution) and it's a lot cheaper!

Ehhh.

It displays at a higher resolution, but the sprites weren't redone or anything. It's simply upscaled and smoothed over like a Backbone port.

QGvrw.jpg

zigg

ShockingAlberto said:
It displays at a higher resolution, but the sprites weren't redone or anything. It's simply upscaled and smoothed over like a Backbone port.

QGvrw.jpg

That's one hell of an upscaling job if so:

20z1enc.jpg

Maybe my eyes are fooling me, but I got the impression the characters are actually polygonal. Anyway, looks great on the DS in motion. I can see the iOS version looking better, but I'll be perfectly happy with this one.

Boney

Banned
ConradCervantes said:
Just tried out the demo available on DS Download...hmm. It was definitely entertaining, but it took me a couple tries to figure out the solution. I'm obviously interested in the bundle pack Capcom is offering, anyone know when that runs till?

Edit: Eh, what the fuck. I went for it.
Please tell me you praised missile for it's heroic acts.

:lol

Played the flash demo and I can't wait to get home to try the Wii demo.

This is why we have a DS, people!

Amazon has it for $30 with a pre-order soundtrack download; anywhere else having any deals? I would kind of feel bad if this comes out on the iphone for $10 and I pay full retail.

zigg

898 said:
Amazon has it for $30 with a pre-order soundtrack download; anywhere else having any deals? I would kind of feel bad if this comes out on the iphone for $10 and I pay full retail.

As posted earlier in the thread, Capcom's store has a bundle deal with a copy of the original Phoenix Wright—highly rare—for $40.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
ShockingAlberto said:
But the iOS version of Ace Attorney was terrible. Very little of the content was stored locally, so you essentially streamed most of the game.
Only in Japan. Here in Europe, and I guess in the US, you download the full game.

zigg

Shiggy said:
I'll wait for a price cut...since it's a low-tier Nintendo-published game this may happen pretty soon.

I know Phoenix Wright got rare and expensive, but have any of the Ace Attorney games suffered this particular fate? The iOS version's existence may hasten matters, I suppose.

jvalioli

zigg said:
I know Phoenix Wright got rare and expensive, but have any of the Ace Attorney games suffered this particular fate? The iOS version's existence may hasten matters, I suppose.
4 and Investigations are easy to find and below normal price, but the MSRP hasn't actually dropped.

zigg

Ah, thanks. Was curious; I've never waited for Ace Attorney since I picked up the first :D

P.S. iOS people: keep in mind that as released in Japan, the full game will still set you back about $20 in the end after you've grabbed all the episodes. I don't know what Capcom will price it at here but that's probably a good guideline, at least.

I noticed on Amazon that the preorder bonus is the soundtrack in digital form. I guess it's safe to say that it's lossy.
15fox3k.jpg

Boney

Banned
Shiggy said:
I'll wait for a price cut...since it's a low-tier Nintendo-published game this may happen pretty soon.
You value your money way too much instead of the adorable Missile.

Reluctant-Hero said:
So is the iOS confirmed for US release yet? I think I'd rather wait for that over the DS version.

But yeah, this game looks awesome!

No confirmation and it's episodic on iOS in Japan. I doubt it'd be different here.

zigg

I just marathonned through four chapters (on my review copy) tonight.

You'll all be pleased to know that during the timed sections there are a number of checkpoints you can rewind to--not just back to the point of death you're trying to save.

Missile is also still the best character in the game, btw. :D. Saw a lot of his stuff at E3 but there were a few new bits that were also pretty great.

But off to bed with me now... More tomorrow!

Top Bottom