• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective |OT| Spoiler: The Main Character Dies

Boney

Banned
zigg said:
I just marathonned through four chapters (on my review copy) tonight.

You'll all be pleased to know that during the timed sections there are a number of checkpoints you can rewind to--not just back to the point of death you're trying to save.

Missile is also still the best character in the game, btw. :D. Saw a lot of his stuff at E3 but there were a few new bits that were also pretty great.

But off to bed with me now... More tomorrow!
NxTP0.gif

That Ghost Trick + Ace Attorney deal literally costs one more cent than I have in my bank account :lol I hate being a poor college student.

Once my scholarship stipend comes in, this is so bought

Crumpet Trumpet said:
That Ghost Trick + Ace Attorney deal literally costs one more cent than I have in my bank account :lol I hate being a poor college student.

Once my scholarship stipend comes in, this is so bought
go deposit two pennies

record the bank teller's reaction

ShockingAlberto said:
go deposit two pennies

record the bank teller's reaction
:lol :lol :lol
I totally would, but I already put down $10 at GameStop. :/ My check comes the 10th though, luckily enough!

I do actually hope this game is good, though. All signs point to it being great, but I pretty much am only gonna by it because of the Ace Attorney clout and the two fun demos.

Fodder76

tim.mbp said:
My Capcom order has shipped!

Wow, thats truly amazing. I ordered the first two Phoenix Wright games from them. Both orders were such disasters that I swore, no matter how good the preorder bonuses might be, I'd never deal with them (aka Digital River) again.

But I'm glad to hear this worked out for you.

Fodder76 said:
Wow, thats truly amazing. I ordered the first two Phoenix Wright games from them. Both orders were such disasters that I swore, no matter how good the preorder bonuses might be, I'd never deal with them (aka Digital River) again.

But I'm glad to hear this worked out for you.
Hahaha, I've heard similar horror stories about the Capcom store. Glad to see they seem to have their shit together for this one.

Boney said:
Are we there yet?
4 MORE DAYS

6a00d83451b8c369e201348605313e970c-800wi

zigg

Crumpet Trumpet said:
:lol :lol :lol
I totally would, but I already put down $10 at GameStop. :/ My check comes the 10th though, luckily enough!

You can go back and get that $10 refunded, you know. Then deposit, and viola!

Crumpet Trumpet said:
I do actually hope this game is good, though. All signs point to it being great, but I pretty much am only gonna by it because of the Ace Attorney clout and the two fun demos.

My embargo forbids me from telling you that you should not be apprehensive.

Captain N said:
Any word on when it'll be coming out on the US iTunes store?
No, and I wouldn't expect it for months. If you want to play it now, just get it for DS.

Also FUCKWHYISN'TTHISGAMEOUTRIGHTNOW.

Peff

The_Technomancer said:
I'm here! I just don't have much to say until I get a copy...

Yup. I especially don't want to see other people with the game until I can get my hands on the european copy that will be released three days later :( Hopefully by Wednesday...

have to say I'm impressed at the turn around for the translation. I said when it was announced that a 2010 release would be highly unlikely, but damn I didn't expect two weeks within 2011. Lets hope it's consistent with the PW translations

I'm going to have to dust of my old worse for wear phat for this one, scratched touch screen and broken hinge and squeaky shoulder buttons and all.

Adam J.

I just played the DS demo and am even more sold on the game than I was after playing the online flash-demo (that dog is so adorable/hilarious!).

Was initially going to wait it out for the iOS version, but screw that...I have a DS that doesn't get that much love. I'll probably pick this up within the next couple of weeks, if my money is right.

Captain N

Adam J. said:
I just played the DS demo and am even more sold on the game than I was after playing the online flash-demo (that dog is so adorable/hilarious!).

Was initially going to wait it out for the iOS version, but screw that...I have a DS that doesn't get that much love. I'll probably pick this up within the next couple of weeks, if my money is right.

I was going to get it on DS, but Game Center is helping me wait. It also helps that i have my iPad on me more than my DS

I don't know much about this game other than it's from the creator of Phoenix Wright, which is enough to get me interested in it.

So is this game about a dead detective who is trying to figure out who killed him, or is it more like a Sixth Sense storyline where he's helping other people?

The animation looks amazing looking at the trailers!

Also, to those who played the Japanese version, how long is this game supposed to be?

Thanks. :)

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
So is this game about a dead detective who is trying to figure out who killed him, or is it more like a Sixth Sense storyline where he's helping other people?
From what I can tell, it's a mixture of both.

Crumpet Trumpet said:
From what I can tell, it's a mixture of both.
Cool! I think the concept of a detective trying to find out who killed him would be a great game!

I'm just worried if this was a planned trilogy like the Ace Attorney series and there will be cliffhangers. I don't think this game sold well in Japan and who knows how it'll sell overseas when this comes out.

There may not be a sequel. :(

Roody

Neo Member
Been playing my review copy for the past few days... don't worry guys. It's pretty damn awesome. If you weren't planning on buying this, stop that. Buy this game. It probably needs every sale it can get overseas...

I'm trying not to devour it too fast! I want to savor it, but I still need to get my review done on time. :lol

I'm so looking forward to this game! I've been playing the Phoenix Wright trilogy in anticipation and it makes me long for some new Takumi. Only a few more days until it's in my hands!

Erigu

Boney said:
Is it me or we're like 10 people in this OP.
Jesus Fucking Christ people you suck.
Already played the game a while ago. I'm just waiting for your reactions, now. :lol

Top Bottom