• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective |OT| Spoiler: The Main Character Dies

Haunted

Boney said:
Is it me or we're like 10 people in this OP.

Jesus Fucking Christ people you suck.
Reporting for duty.

edit: wait shit I already posted in here. But I want to go into this game with as little knowledge as possible, that's why I'm not participating much.

Expecting great things from this.

faridmon

I am here, but I won't get it untill after i finsh my exams. That is why I am staying out of this thread.

That was contradictory...

zigg

Roody said:
Been playing my review copy for the past few days... don't worry guys. It's pretty damn awesome. If you weren't planning on buying this, stop that. Buy this game. It probably needs every sale it can get overseas...

I'm trying not to devour it too fast! I want to savor it, but I still need to get my review done on time. :lol
Eh, don't worry about savoring it. It's like how there was no possible way to not power through that whole epic bit of Trials and Tribs. If I had stopped that to do something silly like sleep or go to work it would have haunted me endlessly.

(get it? haunted? oh god I'm sorry)

Thanks to getting some nice giftcard from survey, I pre ordered this bad boy :D. Can't wait to play this, and I have kept myself away from spoiling the gameplay.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I swear I buy like a game a month since joining GAF. Its a good thing that I'm a frugal college student who spends money on literally just about nothing else :lol

Mdk7

To the lucky bastards that already got their filthy hands on the game... how long is it, approximately?
Thanks! :D

zigg

Mdk7 said:
To the lucky bastards that already got their filthy hands on the game... how long is it, approximately?

I didn't time it, but I want to say it was 6-10 hours? It's definitely shorter than a case-packed Ace Attorney, but it's also a totally different kind of game with more to actually do. Much less chatty and more gamey.

syoaran

Awesome OP!!

Day1 here, ios in English will be miles away sadly so DS version here we go! In the UK here so Friday can't come soon enough!

I can't wait until Tues-
rkbmv4.jpg

4vo9wz.jpg

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Boney said:
Man the worst thing is that it's such a low profile game here, I wonder when they're bringing it here :/

Todojuegos or Katana will probably bring it before the end of January.

kiun

Got my copy shipped from Amazon. Passed on the capcom ace attorney deal because I don't want to deal with digitalriver ever again. I hope this game is good.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
I'll be getting this, the concept really intrigues me now that I did the demo a few times.

Story should be tight enough so at least that part won't disappoint!

Been totally preoccupied with other things so I forgot that I had preordered this thing...Saw it was "shipping soon" on Amazon--yah!

I actually know very little about it, other than it's from the AA guy (HUGE plus) and the mechanics sound interesting. Will be fun to jump into it blind!

Chances are this will be the last Nintendo portable game I buy for a while that isn't for a system that starts with the number 3.

Best Buy's website didn't list it when I checked it earlier, so I got worried that they'd do the same thing they did with Ace Attorney Investigations and not get it in. And I don't feel like being beholden to Gamestop or searching the Mom and Pop's tomorrow so I bit the bullet and got the game on Amazon. But now even with my Prime they say I probably won't get the game until Friday.

Oh God what have I done? :'(

Jintor

Zerokku said:
He posted it over at Penny Arcade. Not sure if thats what he meant.

Yeah, I was at work and couldn't hook up my phone to the work PC to take a GAF photo.

But yeah, I have it and it's pretty rocking so far. Two cases in (so, like, a little past the demo...) and the translation is awesome, the animations are flawless, and the situations are absurd and still fun. And the gameplay is a nice puzzley little challenge, too.

Yeah, if you like Wright at all I reckon you'll love this. I still haven't picked up Layton yet though. I really gotta get around to that.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Jonnyram said:
I've just got addicted to the JP version on my iPhone, so I'll play alongside you guys :)

hmm, how long for the english ios release? Surely they'd try and be close to the DS release to get maximum exposure?

zigg

mrklaw said:
hmm, how long for the english ios release? Surely they'd try and be close to the DS release to get maximum exposure?

Or maybe not, so that they don't lose as many DS sales to iOS. It's pretty damn tricky guessing how many hard copies to manufacture and ship; selling as many of those as possible is probably priority #1 right now.

My review's up. I gushed. I'm sorry.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Sweet! My GS in CT just got this today! Can't wait to get home and play it (after my overtime, which naturally had to be today... :/ )

I'll have this in my hands tomorrow! So excited! I've been playing through Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney in anticipation, and it makes me all the more eager for some new Takumi.

JeTmAn81

Excited for this game. Loved the Phoenix Wright titles and digging the puzzle-solving concepts on display here.

Nekobo

My copy shipped today. :) Never finished Ace Attorney Investigations, so maybe I'll dig that up in while I wait...

dream

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (Nintendo DS)
WebID: 10150112
Pre-Orders: Estimated release date: 03/15/2011

Canada am cry. :(

Top Bottom