• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective |OT| Spoiler: The Main Character Dies

Boney

Banned
you fuckers are ruining the thread with these black thingies

NxTP0.gif

wait for meeeeeeeeeeee

Chapter
Spoilers.
Woah at the Justice Minister's death. I know it was just a heart attack so it's not particularly gruesome, but I never thought watching a video game character die would be so uncomfortable. Guess that's the power of top-notch animation!

god i love the story so much. starts out with a bang (hehe) and never lets up on the pace

dkeane

HOLY SHIT!

I forgot I had ordered this game - after being delayed so many times.
I came home today to find it on my doorstep!
Best surprise ever!

dvolovets

Yottamol said:
MMissile always had the ability to turn back time, since that's how he saved Kamila from being crushed by the park mascot in the first place.
Oh...duh. Thanks for the clarification. Aside from some confusing points toward the end, though, I gotta say that the game's plot was surprisingly coherent. The Phoenix Wright games occasionally veered into convoluted territory... for the most part, Ghost Trick avoids that.

The DS is just a killer machine for these type of games. Phoenix Wright 1, 2, 3, Apollo Justice, Miles Edgeworth 1 (and soon 2), 999, Ghost Trick, and plenty of others...

Wizpig

Peff said:
I replayed a chunk of the first chapter of the game in English and it's exactly the same text as in the online flash demo. Moreover, I read that the US version is Multi-5 too, which basically means they're the same translation.
Thanks! :D
That's really, really good to hear.

I guess only Nintendo (Advance Wars) made different English translations for the same game...

ScOULaris

Man, am I glad to took a chance on this game. I just played it for about an hour tonight, and it's so good! The concept/presentation are both phenomenal, and I am genuinely interested to see where the story is going. Seriously, the animation has to be seen to be believed!

I encourage anyone who's on the fence about this game to go pick up a copy ASAP and send Capcom the message that we like to see fun, creative games like this one.

Ghost Trick is yet another reason why the DS has the best library of the current-gen systems.

I finished 999 a few days ago and am hungry for more interesting story driven games.

Hmmmmmmm........
I think someone needs to persuade me to push me over the edge!

Nemesis_

I just finished it!

Very happy with how it turned out overall. Easy to follow and there was never a dull moment.

I'm trying to find fault, but in my eyes, I can't seem to find any. >_>

JEKKI

Tricky I Shadow said:
I finished 999 a few days ago and am hungry for more interesting story driven games.

Hmmmmmmm........
you enjoyed 999, that's all the persuasion you need.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Tricky I Shadow said:

Hmmmmmmm........
I was in the same boat and I jumped in (or out... of the boat... I'm getting my metaphors mixed up).

Basically people saying the stories are as good as the Ace Attorney series pushed me over. 999 really wets your whistle for more story-driven games. :)

EDIT: To be clear I still haven't gotten the game yet. Should arrive tomorrow. :D

dvolovets

Tricky I Shadow said:

Hmmmmmmm........
I have very little time for games lately, but I beat Ghost Trick in two 5-6 hour sessions. One of the most enjoyable experiences on the DS, in my opinion.

And with that I’m off to EB to pre-order Ghost Trick!

It’s funny that all my favourite DS games are turning out to be very similar. First it was The World Ends With You...then 999!

Hehe, I’m starting to see a pattern here! After Ghost Trick I must finally buckle down and jump into the Ace Attorney series!

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Tricky I Shadow said:

It’s funny that all my favourite DS games are turning out to be very similar. First it was The World Ends With You...then 999!

Hehe, I’m starting to see a pattern here! After Ghost Trick I must finally buckle down and jump into the Ace Attorney series!
You... you haven't already? If you enjoyed 999 you would definitely enjoy Phoenix Wright. I think many of the characters are better in AA than 999, and AA contains a lot more gameplay if you like that.

It is my role in this world to get people to play AA games. :D (hey what happened to smileys?)

dvolovets

Tricky I Shadow said:
Holy shit, I wish I could be in your shoes and experience those games all over again. You're in for one hell of a ride.

Nemesis_

Tricky I Shadow said:

Yeah, over here Ghost Trick is only stocked for pre-orders, so make sure you order!

Ghost Trick has really whet my appetite for more. Guess when I'm done I'll look into this 999 game I've been hearing so much about. DS Text Adventure-GAF, I love you.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Crumpet Trumpet said:
Ghost Trick has really whet my appetite for more. Guess when I'm done I'll look into this 999 game I've been hearing so much about. DS Text Adventure-GAF, I love you.
Me too. There better be some on 3DS. Text-heavy, story-driven games are like the only ones I play on DS anymore (that and puzzle games).

What the hell happened to the smileys indeed! : O

Nemesis556 said:
Yeah, over here Ghost Trick is only stocked for pre-orders, so make sure you order!

Oh really? Damn! And it comes out on the 18th right? I better do it soon then! So I'm assuming that only EB will be getting in stock for Australia?

And guys, no need to convince me with Ace Attorney! I think it looks amazing and I know I’ll love it. It's just really hard to find at a decent price.

dvolovets

Fantastical said:
Me too. There better be some on 3DS. Text-heavy, story-driven games are like the only ones I play on DS anymore (that and puzzle games).
With Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton 5 announced, I'm sure there will be. Looking forward to it. :D

Nemesis_

Tricky I Shadow said:
What the hell happened to the smileys indeed! : O

Oh really? Damn! And it comes out on the 18th right? I better do it soon then! So I'm assuming that only EB will be getting in stock for Australia?

And guys, no need to convince me with Ace Attorney! I think it looks amazing and I know I’ll love it. It's just really hard to find at a decent price.

20th Jan. I would go there as soon as possible.

My pre-order was in the system as SO-GHOST TRICK or something, so if they say it's not on the list get them to check the S section of their list. =P

dvolovets

ShockingAlberto said:
Can you not save during acts?
I saved once and had to redo a section. It seems that it'll only register a save if the clock on the top screen is displaying a different time than the last save.

I bought the very last one (i.e. gutted display copy) at a Gamestop earlier tonight. I decided to try it out a little right before bed. I open the box and to my horror where the Ghost Trick cartridge should be sits a copy of G-Force. I guess I won't be doing any ghost tricking until tomorrow :(

digita1alchemy said:
I bought the very last one (i.e. gutted display copy) at a Gamestop earlier tonight. I decided to try it out a little right before bed. I open the box and to my horror where the Ghost Trick cartridge should be sits a copy of G-Force. I guess I won't be doing any ghost tricking until tomorrow :(
that's literally like the worst possible situation.

on the other hand, some lucky kid might have gotten ghost trick instead of some movie-licensed crap!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
digita1alchemy said:
:lol :lol :lol

:(

Okay, after spending some more time with the game, I think it's incredible.

I am not even upset Shu Takumi is doing this instead of AA games. This is great, a worthy successor to his past works.

The soundtrack is absolutely fantastic and I kind of hate myself for listening to it so much in the trailers.

Jintor

Okay, middle of chapter 15, writing down a theory, under no circumstances read this unless you are at least up to where I said I am.

Whoever 'you' are, it's not Sissel; 'Sissel's' image is the one you've adopted on the basis that you thought you were him when you woke up. But then who the hell am I?

Alternatively, Ray's a douchebag, and he wanted your body... which is special... because of meteorite damage?

ARRGH TOO MANY PLOT THREADS, MIND BREAKING

Totakeke

Jintor said:
Okay, middle of chapter 15, writing down a theory, under no circumstances read this unless you are at least up to where I said I am.

Whoever 'you' are, it's not Sissel; 'Sissel's' image is the one you've adopted on the basis that you thought you were him when you woke up. But then who the hell am I?

Alternatively, Ray's a douchebag, and he wanted your body... which is special... because of meteorite damage?

ARRGH TOO MANY PLOT THREADS, MIND BREAKING

Ray is not a douchebag, you take that back. How did you ever come to the conclusion that he wanted your body? Plus it's not your body anyway.

Jintor

MidChapter15
HE'S A TALKING LAMP

ALL TALKING LAMPS ARE DOUCHEBAGS

Seriously though just throwing around guesses right now.

Totakeke

Jintor said:
MidChapter15
HE'S A TALKING LAMP

ALL TALKING LAMPS ARE DOUCHEBAGS

Seriously though just throwing around guesses right now.

Talking lamps are douchebags, more than you know. Oh ho ho ho.

I'm only in chapter 3 so far, but have to say the animation in this game is outstanding. Punch Out was the last game where I could get so much enjoyment just out of watching some great animations. Love it.

Top Bottom