• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective |OT| Spoiler: The Main Character Dies

Jonnyram

adversesolutions said:
I implore mods visiting this thread - bring the BAN and DELETE hammer down on anyone who spoils anything in this thread.
I agree 100%
This is the kind of game where you don't want any kind of spoiler.

Yay, I got it! :)

bq2qkhx0av50pzo7r.jpg

Also Bioshock 2 for six bucks, which is cool.

Erigu

lolez2matt said:
Bailey is "not so spoiler I Think"
the dancing cop that uses memos
Okay, thanks.
"Bozu" -> "Bailey", then. I can see the pun they went for in the English name, but I'm not sure why they changed that one while letting many others be... Ah, well.

Woah, the manual is in black and white. I think that's the first time I've seen that for a Nintendo published game. They really didn't give a damn about the game. :lol

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
slaughterking said:
Woah, the manual is in black and white. I think that's the first time I've seen that for a Nintendo published game. They really didn't give a damn about the game. :lol

Its a capcom game. I'm not familiar with anyone but them publishing it anywhere...

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Erigu said:
I'd say it's a bit like Gyakuten Saiban 3 / Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations in the sense that it's a good, emotional conclusion where everything neatly comes together (except for some contrived aspects you may spot if you think a bit about it, unfortunately), with many (big) twists.
If you enjoyed the former, chances are you will like Ghost Trick.
I just fell in love. Ace Attorney 3 is one of my top 5 games.

It doesn't look like Amazon is shipping this today. :( I guess I ordered this too late last night. I will get it on Monday.

Danielsan

lolez2matt said:
Bailey is "not so spoiler I Think"
the dancing cop that uses memos
That's the one. His interplay with the other cop in the room had me nearly in tears. I actually went back there a couple of times when I wasn't needed there just to get a little nugget of their interactions. And the animations of Cabanela are just amazing. :lol

Man I love this game. Can't put it down. Almost finished it but my DS battery didn't make it so it's charging right now. Never actually played any of the Ace Attorney games so I'm wondering... is the humor in those games similar?

zigg

Danielsan said:
Man I love this game. Can't put it down. Almost finished it but my DS battery didn't make it so it's charging right now. Never actually played any of the Ace Attorney games so I'm wondering... is the humor in those games similar?

Yeah, but I'd say the players are markedly talkier, too, and particularly over the life of the series they just wring characters to death... I like the way they're presented in GT better.

Not that I'd recommend avoiding PW. Ever. :D

zigg

slaughterking said:
Woah, don't even think about buying Spirit Tracks. GT is the game you want to play.

Well, I'd say you can think about it (I liked it!), but definitely get GT first.

Hyunkel6

I just got to chapter 5. I love the game, but does it get any harder? I'm not complaining, but it feels like I'm burning through chapters very quickly. Also, is there multiple solutions to a puzzle?

zigg

Hyunkel6 said:
I just got to chapter 5. I love the game, but does it get any harder? I'm not complaining, but it feels like I'm burning through chapters very quickly. Also, is there multiple solutions to a puzzle?

They never get overly difficult if you're willing to explore solutions, though there are one or two minor head-scratchers, owing in part to a new mechanic that debuts later.

No multiple solutions that I'm aware.

Wizpig said:
So an 8 from Edge, pretty nice.

Sounds low. :/ If I gave scores which I don't I would have given it a "I'll never forget you!"

Wizpig

zigg said:
Sounds low. :/ If I gave scores which I don't I would have given it a "I'll never forget you!"
But it's EDGE.

They gave "999" a 6.

I'm not complaining, and i don't really care much about scores, but i'll admit it: when it's about a game i'm hyped for if the score is an 8+ it's always nice to read it :)

Wizpig

Oh right, i almost forgot!

Now that some European GAFfer got the game, i'll make that question again...

Is the English translation in the US and UK version the same? (of course, if they change color in colour it's not a big deal... i'm talking about major differences ;))

LiK

OMG, I recognize that dance
with Bailey.
Haha, it came from a Hong Kong 80's movie. Wonder how it popped up here? Hilarious.

Boney

Banned
zigg said:
Boney, did you get it yet? I missed any triumphant post you may have made to that effect.
:(

still hasn't arrived here, it's coming out on the 18th in one store, and I still gotta check another one later.

I'm so jealous though.

Erigu said:
He actually won Dengeki's character popularity contest.
Japan doesn't dissapoints.

zigg

Boney said:
:(

still hasn't arrived here, it's coming out on the 18th in one store, and I still gotta check another one later.

I'm so jealous though.

You of all people need this game. I feel for you.

Peff

Wizpig said:
Oh right, i almost forgot!

Now that some European GAFfer got the game, i'll make that question again...

Is the English translation in the US and UK version the same? (of course, if they change color in colour it's not a big deal... i'm talking about major differences ;))

I replayed a chunk of the first chapter of the game in English and it's exactly the same text as in the online flash demo. Moreover, I read that the US version is Multi-5 too, which basically means they're the same translation.

zigg

Peff said:
I replayed a chunk of the first chapter of the game in English and it's exactly the same text as in the online flash demo. Moreover, I read that the US version is Multi-5 too, which basically means they're the same translation.

It is indeed 5-lingo. I forgot about that; sorry, I could have probably answered your question, Wiz.

Boney

Banned
zigg said:
You of all people need this game. I feel for you.
I'm not worried though. I just know that whenever I get my mittens on this, I'll have on hell of a godly time. And it'll be sure to wash out the sour taste that Investigations left me.

46l2mjm

Finished! I looooved the ending, better than many of the endings to the Ace Attorney games. (SUPER MEGA ENDING SPOILERS)
It answered just about every question brought up in the game, while still leaving things open for a sequel. I enjoyed learning Sissel's true identity, and the rather sad way that he died. More importantly, it did this without using some dirty trick, like waiting until the next game to reveal Sissel's true identity. I also enjoyed finding out Ray's identity and looking at the alternate sequence of events. Plus, even though it was foreshadowed very clearly, I loved the final twist that left things open enough for a sequel, with Sissel going into Ghost World one "final" time and confirming what was suspected during the final chapter.
(/SUPER MEGA ENDING SPOILERS)

NTom64

Fantastic game, brilliant story. Such a breath of fresh air after Ace Attorney Investigations. I'd definitely recommend you pick it up, especially if you're a fan of Ace Attorney's 1-3 (and Apollo, I guess).

Oh, and the music is wonderful too, but that's a given really.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
AAI wasn't that bad, guys. :p

And you people talking about how this story is on par or better than any of the AA games are not making this any easier. -_-

Danielsan

Finished it, loved it. Story conclusion was great and ultimately very satisfying and heart felt. Still filled with a ton of convoluted nonsense but hell those things are easy to overlook. Especially considering that the entire thing starts of terribly convoluted to begin with. :lol Didn't care for
Ray being Missile. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought only Sissel could turn back time. Or was it just that Yomiel could not?
. Either way, GOTY contender. Could not put it down!

Danielsan said:
Finished it, loved it. Story conclusion was great and ultimately very satisfying and heart felt. Still filled with a ton of convoluted nonsense but hell those things are easy to overlook. Especially considering that the entire thing starts of terribly convoluted to begin with. :lol Didn't care for
Ray being Missile. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought only Sissel could turn back time. Or was it just that Yomiel could not?
(ENDING Spoilers)
From the way I understood it, Missile was also capable of turning back time. However, due to the limitations of his swapping power, he was unable to use it to save anyone. Of course, Yomiel was unable to go back in time on his own at all.

JoeFu said:
Just downloaded the "soundtrack". Had no idea it was even a pre order bonus, but thanks to you guys I checked my email and found out Amazon sent it to me last night. What a sad excuse for a soundtrack. No track titles, no art, no anything. It's even missing tracks by going off the numbers! What the heck!
Same thing happened to me :lol
Anyone have a list of the correct tags for the soundtrack?

Jintor

Oh man, I think you bastards here are pushing for me to finish this today so I can start highlighting spoiler tags. DAMN YOU ALL

JoeFu

Banned
Danielsan said:

What? ENDING SPOILERZZZ
That part was my favorite reveal. His story nearly brought a tear to my eye :((((( Was so happy to see a happy ending.

dvolovets

Zero-Crescent said:
(ENDING Spoilers)
From the way I understood it, Missile was also capable of turning back time. However, due to the limitations of his swapping power, he was unable to use it to save anyone. Of course, Yomiel was unable to go back in time on his own at all.
I don't think he turned back time. He actually waited ten years until he met Sissel, who changed the fates of all the characters in order to bring about a better future

Beat the game a few minutes ago. Early front-runner for GOTY. The plot comes together in an unbelievable way toward the end . . .

Yottamole

Banned
dvolovets said:
I don't think he turned back time. He actually waited ten years until he met Sissel, who changed the fates of all the characters in order to bring about a better future
Missile died in the present. His power was limited so he tried to seek Sissel's help but Sissel just ran away. He then went back in time to when Yomiel got hit by the meteorite and waited for ten years until it's present again, and asked for Sissel's help again. This time Sissel agreed to help.

Missile always had the ability to turn back time, since that's how he saved Kamila from being crushed by the park mascot in the first place.

dvolovets said:

Beat the game a few minutes ago. Early front-runner for GOTY. The plot comes together in an unbelievable way toward the end . . .
In order to wait ten years for Sissel, he would have to go back in time to the Temsik incident. Of course, as pointed out in the above post, the mission where Missile's powers are introduced proved that he had the time travel ability, since he was able to prevent Kamila's death without Sissel's help.

Top Bottom