• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostbusters Review Thread [Certified Fresh - 75%]

Status
Not open for further replies.

B33

Banned
Maybe people were just reacting to a terrible cast. Here, people were excited before the cast was announced but everyone was saying anyone but Melissa McCarthy.

Everyone shits on Melissa McCarthy for her schtick, but most of things she's starred in have been successful and they turn a blind eye to other comedic actors who have schticks.

One thing consistently being praised in the reviews is the cast.

It's almost like he has a well known history or something....

Mundane Matt is prolific GG member.

His sexism is well established beyond and far prior to GB 2016. He's also promoting positive reviews are a conspiracy.

Come on. Maybe understand who we are talking about before you start accusing people of whatever generalizing you're accusing people of.

I fail to see how criticizing the actions of women when they do shady, despicable, & quite frankly unethical things makes him sexist.

But apparently he's sexist because he says things you don't like.

That's the dumbest fucking thing I've heard all day, and I've heard my fair share of bullshit in my 21 years of existence.

Just because someone expresses an opinion that you don't personally agree with does not make them sexist.

What if I come back after seeing the movie on Friday and say it's absolute dogshit are you gonna call me a sexist?

The numerous people I've seen who ganged up to attack WrecklessEating by calling him an MRA because he said Ghostbusters was a terrible movie: that's not sexist

But MundaneMatt or someone like him comes out & says "this movie looks like shit it might be bad": that's sexist.

Even you have to realize how hypocritical that mentality is.

Seriously the warped logic over what's sexist & what isn't is doing my head in.

Do you honestly believe in what you're talking about? Or do you just like finding ridiculous nonsense to get outraged about?

Kinda expected a score like that based on the clips and trailers, but that's good enough to go give it a shot and hope for the best. Sounds like forgettable fun withsome familiar branding slapped on top.

Part of me wants it to flop so Hollywood cuts it out with the fucking remakes, reboots, and sequels. Culture was supposed to progress past 1994, goddamnit.

Maybe people were just reacting to a terrible cast. Here, people were excited before the cast was announced but everyone was saying anyone but Melissa McCarthy.

The terrible cast that is getting praised even in some of the negative reviews? That terrible cast?

Melissa McCarthy who made a fantastic comedy in Spy and a decent one in The Heat with Feig that Melissa McCarthy?

I remember plenty of why all women posts before the cast was announced.

jstripes

Banned
Everyone shits on Melissa McCarthy for her schtick, but most of things she's starred in have been successful and they turn a blind eye to other comedic actors who have schticks.

Yup. What if Seth Rogen had been in this movie instead?

cr0w

Old Member
Is that like a knock-off?

Robert-Cop-Bootleg-8.jpg

Yup. What if Seth Rogen had been in this movie instead?

The GBs would have started busting for weed money, and their location being above a Chinese restaurant would have been played for laughs because they had the munchies a lot. It would have been hailed as a hilarious new, modern direction for the series.

Sanjuro

The GBs would have started busting for weed money, and their location being above a Chinese restaurant would have been played for laughs because they had the munchies a lot. It would have been hailed as a hilarious new, modern direction for the series.

Yeah, but those dumplings tho.

I fail to see how criticizing the actions of women when they do shady, despicable, & quite frankly unethical things makes him sexist.

That's the dumbest fucking thing I've heard all day, and I've heard my fair share of bullshit in my 21 years of existence.

Just because someone expresses an opinion that you don't personally agree with does not make them sexist.

What if I come back after seeing the movie on Friday and say it's absolute dogshit are you gonna call me a sexist?

The numerous people I've seen who ganged up to attack WrecklessEating by calling him an MRA because he said Ghostbusters was a terrible movie: that's not sexist

But MundaneMatt or someone like him comes out & says "this movie looks like shit it might be bad": that's sexist.

Do you honestly believe in what you're talking about? Or do you just like finding ridiculous nonsense to get outraged about?

What in bloody hell are you rambling about?

This entire conversation chain is explicitly about MundaneMatt and only MundaneMatt.

I don't care if you dislike this movie literally at all.

Edit: After re-reading your first part I get the feeling you actually think GG was about ethics in videogame journalism soooo....

Aske

If you have even a mild interest in this film I'd encourage you to pay to see it. Unless you're happy with the endless stream of Marvel and DC flicks every Summer.

Aside from BvS, I couldn't be happier with the endless stream of Marvel and DC flicks. Does that mean I shouldn't see this in theaters?

GAF, help me

SpaceWolf

Banned
Anyone heard what this fabled after-credits scene is supposed to be?

Does someone get slimed?

Is the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man teased?

Tripon

Spoilering just to be safe

http://variety.com/2016/film/reviews/ghostbusters-review-melissa-mccarthy-1201810318/

In an unnecessary nod to fans, Feig resurrects nearly every actor or entity from the 32-year-old original — except for Ramis, who died last year, and the all-but-retired Rick Moranis — while leaving little room for memorable new spirits (stay through the end credits to hear even Zuul’s name invoked).

This actually makes me happy. I was avoid at all costs because of those horrible trailers but I'll see it for nostalgia. Why not.
That specific quote is in the OP.

This was a beautiful poem.

But in all seriousness, Mundane Matt embodies every characteristic of the obnoxious MRA neckbeard m'lady contingent of the internet.

B33

Banned

Did you just out yourself as a Gamergate sympathizer?

eFKac

o7

Dalek

Lol

cr0w

Old Member
Should I be happy that I don't know who the fuck MundaneMatt is? I kind of keep myself away from that whole dumpster fire.

EDIT: oh god, a whole 21 years of existence.

Well, there it is.

No, contributing to a harassment campaign directed at women makes him sexist, and the fact that you fell for the claim of "it's about ethics" makes you an idiot.

deli2000

Or do you just like finding ridiculous nonsense to get outraged about?

finding ridiculous nonsense to get outraged about

New tag?

cr0w

Old Member
Yes be very happy.

And don't look him up on youtube or his stupid shit gets put into your suggestions feed.

Okay, thanks for the tip. I'm old enough that the entire concept of YouTube personalities just befuddles the shit out of me. YouTube hasn't progressed beyond a place to watch people hurt themselves in funny ways to me.

Okay, thanks for the tip. I'm old enough that the entire concept of YouTube personalities just befuddles the shit out of me. YouTube hasn't progressed beyond a place to watch people hurt themselves in funny ways to me.

It's the darkside of the democratization effects of the internet. You have to wade through that much more shit to find diamonds.

There are about 5 internet people/groups I love and only 1 do I watch regularly

Goodstyle

The real reason Bill Murray never wanted to do another GB film.

CnCDE14WYAYtYv8.jpg

Yes this is real, it's from a Vanity Fair profile..... apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom