• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostbusters Review Thread [Certified Fresh - 75%]

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0w

Old Member
The real reason Bill Murray never wanted to do another GB film.

CnCDE14WYAYtYv8.jpg

Yes this is real, it's from a Vanity Fair profile..... maybe

Can you link to profile? I can't find shit.

He's repeatedly said he considers the first 30 minutes of Ghostbusters to be the best material of his career.

But knowing how cantankerous he is, he might have been in a bad mood that day if the quote is real. The deaf assistant story from the set of Groundhog Day shows how big of an asshole he can be.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I hope this tops 70% on Rotten Tomatoes because I'm overdue for a decent comedy (The Nice Guys was good) this summer. I'll be in the front row, eating Swedish fish and drinking a refreshing chalice of tears from grown ass men whining about a reboot.

AkumaNiko

I can tell you right now, if this ends up CF on TM, people will still knock it down for not hitting the same TM % as the first.

Calling it now

74% on RT now, 6.5 avg

eESEdY4.png

That % and rating put it around the same as most decent summer movies, and on par with a good chunk of Marvel ones, if you're looking for a barometer of reception

Goodstyle

Can you link to profile? I can't find shit.

He's repeatedly said he considers the first 30 minutes of Ghostbusters to be the best material of his career.

But knowing how cantankerous he is, he might have been in a bad mood that day if the quote is real. The deaf assistant story from the set of Groundhog Day shows how big of an asshole he can be.

Can't find it either. It's definitely fake or a facetious statement. I can't imagine him saying this in any context, but that image is funny as hell to me for some reason. I... I wanted to believe.

Anarky

Banned
I fail to see how criticizing the actions of women when they do shady, despicable, & quite frankly unethical things makes him sexist.

But apparently he's sexist because he says things you don't like.

That's the dumbest fucking thing I've heard all day, and I've heard my fair share of bullshit in my 21 years of existence.

Just because someone expresses an opinion that you don't personally agree with does not make them sexist.

What if I come back after seeing the movie on Friday and say it's absolute dogshit are you gonna call me a sexist?

The numerous people I've seen who ganged up to attack WrecklessEating by calling him an MRA because he said Ghostbusters was a terrible movie: that's not sexist

But MundaneMatt or someone like him comes out & says "this movie looks like shit it might be bad": that's sexist.

Even you have to realize how hypocritical that mentality is.

Seriously the warped logic over what's sexist & what isn't is doing my head in.

Do you honestly believe in what you're talking about? Or do you just like finding ridiculous nonsense to get outraged about?

And like a snowball covered rock it suddenly hit me.

I fail to see how criticizing the actions of women when they do shady, despicable, & quite frankly unethical things makes him sexist.

But apparently he's sexist because he says things you don't like.

That's the dumbest fucking thing I've heard all day, and I've heard my fair share of bullshit in my 21 years of existence.

Just because someone expresses an opinion that you don't personally agree with does not make them sexist.

What if I come back after seeing the movie on Friday and say it's absolute dogshit are you gonna call me a sexist?

The numerous people I've seen who ganged up to attack WrecklessEating by calling him an MRA because he said Ghostbusters was a terrible movie: that's not sexist

But MundaneMatt or someone like him comes out & says "this movie looks like shit it might be bad": that's sexist.

Even you have to realize how hypocritical that mentality is.

Seriously the warped logic over what's sexist & what isn't is doing my head in.

Do you honestly believe in what you're talking about? Or do you just like finding ridiculous nonsense to get outraged about?
r/KotakuInAction will love you.

<3

Anyone heard what this fabled after-credits scene is supposed to be?

Does someone get slimed?

Is the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man teased?

Stay-Puft is in the movie, there are toys of him. I don't know if he's a ghost or becomes one, it looks like from the trailers his part is taken by a new giant monster, but he's in a parade as a float or balloon or something.

And who would have thought that a big part of that was the effortless comedic sensibilities of Channing Tatum?

I've always loved Tatum but yeah finding out that he could be that naturally funny. Damn. I had no expectations when seeing that movie. Sae literally because I got locked out of my house and had to kil time before landlord cane home. Biggest surprise in my movie watchimg history and top 5 comedies in past decade or longer inom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom