• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostbusters Review Thread [Certified Fresh - 75%]

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who merely likes the first two Ghostbusters without worshipping them, I’d say this redo is about as good as those two 1980’s films. It also lacks the Reagan-esque right wing fantasies of the original, so that’s an upgrade right there.
The level of discourse in movie reviews stays low I see!

mreddie

Regardless how the final film is, this pleases me.
CnB6qy-WYAA664D.jpg

CnB6qzYWIAAr2w7.jpg

As expected. Not terrible. Not good.

Hopefully it will be forgotten about as quick as the recent Robocop & Total Racall retreads.

Anyway using Superman Vs Batman as some kind of standard of measurement seems a bit unfair. That movie was bad but I totally think it got a unfiar shake. Its a 40% at most though.

cr0w

Old Member
Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

It got bad reviews

It took 12 years to make

Not guaranteed, but looking firm. Lots of reviews still to be added I imagine.

So what does that have to do with Ghostbusters? The only way I would willingly watch Civil War again would be at gunpoint and even then I'd have to think long and hard about it, but I'm not shitposting that in every thread posted in OT like people seem to want to do with BvS.

In fairness, it's the only other movie to come out this year. Until Rogue One, anyway.

We're being facetious here, right?

Koyuga

Wow, very surprised at these reviews! I was so sure the movie was going to be garbage based on the trailers. Guess I'll check it out when it hits home video.

B.K.

I hate Kristen Wiig and Leslie Jones and I've never laughed once at Kate McKinnon on SNL, so I wouldn't see the movie even if it had 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. I hate the cast for this movie.

Tripon

Has anyone accused Sony of paying off reviewers yet?

I'd love to see Edgar Wright handed the franchise to work with, personally.
Yes, Manabyte of Furious Fanboys accused a person who watched an early screening and created a positive review video of being a viral marketer.

PopeReal

Sounds pretty good. Will rent sometime. I only go to the movies 2 or 3 times a year, mostly because the theatre here is terrible.

So what does that have to do with Ghostbusters? The only way I would willingly watch Civil War again would be at gunpoint and even then I'd have to think long and hard about it, but I'm not shitposting that in every thread posted in OT like people seem to want to do with BvS.

Was mostly joking and going along with your comment :p

From everything I am seeing now, I think it looks like a Movie that I will like and think is funny in a vacuum, but will be a terrible Ghostbusters movie and completely disrespecting the franchise.

mreddie

From everything I am seeing now, I think it looks like a Movie that I will like and think is funny in a vacuum, but will be a terrible Ghostbusters movie and completely disrespecting the franchise.

Don't think of it as Ghostbusters, think of it as...Evolution 2?

As expected. Not terrible. Not good.

Hopefully it will be forgotten about as quick as the recent Robocop & Total Racall retreads.

Anyway using Superman Vs Batman as some kind of standard of measurement seems a bit unfair. That movie was bad but I totally think it got a unfiar shake. Its a 40% at most though.

KVRSNMB.gif

I was expecting about mid-60s. I was hoping GB would be have either a 90+% or a lower than 20% score for giggles. If it's pulling mid-70s, it'll probably finalize around mid/high-60s or low/mid 80s.

The actual average rating for the film is hovering around 7/10.

I'll see it on a matinee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom