• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
So weird. I just reinstalled TM2: Stadium on a whim on Friday after having not played it since...probably back when they had it on TNT.

A friend of mine has had the game for months but never booted it and last night he said lets play. I haven't played since the server went down and launched it and saw the server was back up.

Myggen

Anyone heard if we are getting the video top 10 lists back this year? They are probably my favorite GOTY content GB does(outside of maybe the podcast).

Nothing said about that yet. We know that we're getting GOTY podcasts, GOTY productions for every day (the theme is unknown), and bonus QLs for every day of unknown fan voted games (instead of what has in essence been another QL every day of the individual crew member's favourite game of the year). I would imagine that we'll probably get top 10 lists too because the reason they didn't do those last year were lack of time and resources, but we'll probably not know for sure until the GOTY stuff begins.

I will never understand why this statement was so controversial.

Oh god let's not get into that discussion again, last time someone read way too much into that comment when it was discussed in this thread :p

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Oh god let's not get into that discussion again, last time someone read way too much into that comment when it was discussed in this thread :p

Well, that's what they get for not making any new content!

Brad's already come on here to say he wasn't serious on the peach joke. so let us move on, sheeple.

He actually had to clarify that? It seemed pretty obvious to me.
But yeah, let's move on.

Disclosure is totally worth a read now. The tech references are so dated it is hilarious. They are in a race to develop these super fast 4x CD drives that somehow morph in to occulus rift style VR. 4x is that fast! I also enjoyed the sexy bits as a kid.

Alright, I found the audiobook. Might as well listen to it at work. Might be worth a chuckle.

edit: yep totally worth a chuckle. this is silly

Tricky is a guy who likes to try new games (Monster Hunter & Dark souls)

I wonder what his opinions are about YAKUZA

2329885-acext2.gif

Everyone trying to positive vibes their way to a new MGS episode soon instead should join me in the true great mental energy cause: wishing a continuation of VinnyVania: Simon's Quest into reality while the crew is together in SF.

The withdrawal is real, I had 2 dreams about MGScanlon tonight.

The first dream they uploaded an 1 hour 52 minute episode, but the last 50 minutes were of some promotional video not related to metal gear.

The 2nd dream they uploaded a 22 minute episode.

halp

Edit-I also forgot to mention that for some godawful reason the facecam boxes were tiny and in the corner. And they went away during cutscenes. And after the cutscene they were in a completely different area. It was all so unprofessional.

Volotaire

The withdrawal is real, I had 2 dreams about MGScanlon tonight.

The first dream they uploaded an 1 hour 52 minute episode, but the last 50 minutes were of some promotional video not related to metal gear.

The 2nd dream they uploaded a 22 minute episode.

halp

Edit-I also forgot to mention that for some godawful reason the facecam boxes were tiny and in the corner. And they went away during cutscenes. And after the cutscene they were in a completely different area. It was all so unprofessional.

lol.

Xater

Confirmed by Alex on Jeff's mixlr. Also doing a Powerbombcast and some GOTY filming (which is the whole of Tuesday for them).

Ah good. Thought it would be a shame if they don't use this opportunity to do another Powerbombcast. Also just so much wrestling stuff to discuss, most of which doesn#t have anything to do with the stuff that actually happened in the ring.

Myggen

Don't plan on very much new content this WEEK.

This week is likely still devoted to GOTY stuff. We'll get Bombcast and UPF, and maybe a QL.

Powerbombcast too. But yeah, people always forget how slow it is for around 2 weeks in December. It's all hands on deck with the GOTY stuff. It's worth it in the end though.

KingKong

Powerbombcast too. But yeah, people always forget how slow it is for around 2 weeks in December. It's all hands on deck with the GOTY stuff. It's worth it in the end though.

what if this is the only time Vinny is there until next year? they need to record as many quick looks as possible

Myggen

what if this is the only time Vinny is there until next year? they need to record as many quick looks as possible

I'm sure they're doing as much work as they can. They're recording at least 4 QLs for the GOTY stuff, and maybe a few QLs this week? Who knows!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Dan Ryckert ‏@DanRyckert 3m3 minutes ago

Putting my Top 10 list together for 2014, and there are currently four Wii U games on there. Can’t say I expected that.

How will the Nintendo fans with a GB persecution complex take this? Tune in to find out.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I still don't know how Brad really feels about Destiny and his time with it. I could easily see it not making his top ten; I could just as easily see it make his top 5.

Apparently Brad and Vinny talked about them naming a new CoD game Advanced Warfare on a bombcast years ago, does anyone have link to this? Haha

Patryn

Saw Patrick's tweet about epic podcasting day, and it got me thinking.

I fear that this week's Bombcast may be short, simply because they've been doing so much talking for GOTY. I can see them somewhat being talked about, especially about a bunch of the major games that recently came out.

Saw Patrick's tweet about epic podcasting day, and it got me thinking.

I fear that this week's Bombcast may be short, simply because they've been doing so much talking for GOTY. I can see them somewhat being talked about, especially about a bunch of the major games that recently came out.

and this is why I space it out. I've still got about 90 minutes left of last week's, as well as the entire Kansascast.

sjack

Banned
The lack of content lately has sent me into withdrawal. Somebody recommend some classic GB content that I've maybe missed. Here's what I've seen:

-Phantasmagoria
-Backflips and Bioforge
-ALL souls content (e.g. Breaking Brad, Load our last souls etc.)
-P4 ER
-DP ER
-Ripper
-All of Mario Party Parties
-Completely caught up on MGScanlon
-I've seen all the Demo derbies that interest me

That's all I can think of now.

tchocky

The lack of content lately has sent me into withdrawal. Somebody recommend some classic GB content that I've maybe missed. Here's what I've seen:

-Phantasmagoria
-Backflips and Bioforge
-P4 ER
-DP ER
-Ripper

The three part Load our last save of Freedom Fighters is great.

-Phantasmagoria
-Backflips and Bioforge
-P4 ER
-DP ER
-Ripper

Have you seen the Dave Lang TNT? One of the best IMO. Hearing him talk about all the history and behind the scenes stuff was awesome. I think it was a TNT at least, may have been an UPF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom