• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw Patrick's tweet about epic podcasting day, and it got me thinking.

I fear that this week's Bombcast may be short, simply because they've been doing so much talking for GOTY. I can see them somewhat being talked about, especially about a bunch of the major games that recently came out.

I could see it being light on what they've been playing and being heavy on their random happenings over the week and a lot more news and Emails. Especially the news part after the awards and PSX stuff.

Anjin M

and this is why I space it out. I've still got about 90 minutes left of last week's, as well as the entire Kansascast.

Aw! I'm on my third listen of last week's Bombcast. Because I have no life. And my mother-in-law was in town.

The lack of content lately has sent me into withdrawal. Somebody recommend some classic GB content that I've maybe missed. Here's what I've seen:

Please tell me you've seen the Fortune Street TNT. (Part One and Part Two, if you haven't.)

The lack of content lately has sent me into withdrawal. Somebody recommend some classic GB content that I've maybe missed. Here's what I've seen:

Euro Truck Simulator 2 QL; aka, watch Vinny break the game and download some viruses

the best part of Disclosure so far is how the tech guy solved the input lag in the VR headset in about an hour. But they can't get cd-rom drives that read at more than about 2.3x.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Have you seen the Dave Lang TNT? One of the best IMO. Hearing him talk about all the history and behind the scenes stuff was awesome. I think it was a TNT at least, may have been an UPF?

Great pick, pretty sure that was a TNT. Seeing Lang's family vacation photos in some random N64 sports game was hilarious, he gave a lot of great insight into the development of a lot of games. Most of them were pretty awful, but I think those are more interesting stories in general.

On the TNT subject, the Fortune Street TNT was the pilot episode for Mario Party Party before they hired the final cast.

Patryn

-Phantasmagoria
-Backflips and Bioforge
-ALL souls content (e.g. Breaking Brad, Load our last souls etc.)
-P4 ER
-DP ER
-Ripper
-All of Mario Party Parties
-Completely caught up on MGScanlon
-I've seen all the Demo derbies that interest me

That's all I can think of now.

Flight Club? The non-Souls Breaking Brads? The Thanksgiving/Christmas random marathons?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say

-Phantasmagoria
-Backflips and Bioforge
-P4 ER
-DP ER
-Ripper

Blade Runner random pc game. Of course it also runs the risk of upsetting you when you realise there's only two parts and there'll never be a third.

Myggen

-Phantasmagoria
-Backflips and Bioforge
-P4 ER
-DP ER
-Ripper

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=139304533&postcount=2

Great pick, pretty sure that was a TNT. Seeing Lang's family vacation photos in some random N64 sports game was hilarious, he gave a lot of great insight into the development of a lot of games. Most of them were pretty awful, but I think those are more interesting stories in general.

On the TNT subject, the Fortune Street TNT was the pilot episode for Mario Party Party before they hired the final cast.

Yup, it's one of my favorite videos on the site. Not only is it funny but it's also super interesting to hear about the stories behind a game's development.

Thanks! Time to rewatch it.

How will the Nintendo fans with a GB persecution complex take this? Tune in to find out.

MK8, Bayonetta 2, DKC:TF, and Smash most likely. The only one that has even a remote chance at the site's overall #1 is Bayonetta 2, as Patrick, Alex, and Dan all love it, while Jeff seems to really like it and nobody seems to have any strong negative reaction to it. I still say Shadow of Mordor has the best chance of winning, while Far Cry 4, Dragon Age: Inquisition, and Bayonetta 2 all have outside chances.

strafer

Euro Truck Simulator 2 QL; aka, watch Vinny break the game and download some viruses

the best part of Disclosure so far is how the tech guy solved the input lag in the VR headset in about an hour. But they can't get cd-rom drives that read at more than about 2.3x.

Is there a second game already?

Patryn

MK8, Bayonetta 2, DKC:TF, and Smash most likely. The only one that has even a remote chance at the site's overall #1 is Bayonetta 2, as Patrick, Alex, and Dan all love it, while Jeff seems to really like it and nobody seems to have any strong negative reaction to it. I still say Shadow of Mordor has the best chance of winning, while Far Cry 4, Dragon Age: Inquisition, and Bayonetta 2 all have outside chances.

I still think Bayo 2 is the current favorite, with Mordor at 2, Advanced Warfare at 3 and Far Cry 4 at, uh, 4.

AcridMeat

Banned
8pF0QTP.png
What a way to start the week.

Mully

I sent a gem of an email to the Bombcast this week. Have a difficult problem that I need to the crew to solve. Hopefully Brad reads it.

Anjin M

I sent a gem of an email to the Bombcast this week. Have a difficult problem that I need to the crew to solve. Hopefully Brad reads it.

I can't bring myself to mail anything to the Bombcast anymore. It's too much of an emotional rollercoaster. I always listen to the next cast with anticipation. When they don't read it, I tell myself that I sent it too late for consideration and they're holding it over for the next week. When they don't read it the second week, I tell myself that they probably overlooked it and will discover it the next week. When they don't read it three weeks in a row, I finally admit that they are saving it for the end of the year cast.

Thus, I am still holding out hope that my email will find its way onto the cast for up to 11 months. I can't take it any more.

P.S. I couldn't send an entertaining/interesting email to save my life, so there's that.

Do people really expect that they recorded a MGScanlon in the GOTY week, especially when Dan came into the thread saying that the GOTY stuff took up all their time last week.

Also Jeff and Alex mentioned a couple times, on the drive in, that they have a ton to do today and tomorrow with them expecting pretty late nights. I doubt they do much besides GOTY stuff and stuff they wanted to do with the guys from out of town before they left.

Patryn

Do people really expect that they recorded a MGScanlon in the GOTY week, especially when Dan came into the thread saying that the GOTY stuff took up all their time last week?

Seriously.

Here is all you can expect this week: Bombcast, Powerbombcast, UPF.

Literally anything else is unlikely and should not be counted on. No, they aren't lazy. No, they aren't sitting around doing nothing.

Myggen

Also Jeff and Alex mentioned a couple times, on the drive in, that they have a ton to do today and tomorrow with them expecting pretty late nights. I doubt they do much besides GOTY stuff and stuff they wanted to do with the guys from out of town before they left.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I expected. They've talked about how insanely much work GOTY is each year, and they now have a little over a week to finish all the recording. Even with the extra people on staff I would be very surprised if we got any regular Premium video content while Patrick, Alex, and Vinny are in town.

I don't want to spoil anything about the KansasCast, but they brought on a super special guest and it's AMAZING.

I highly recommend taking an hour out of your day and listening to it as soon as possible.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I don't want to spoil anything about the KansasCast, but they brought on a super special guest and it's AMAZING.

I highly recommend taking an hour out of your day and listening to it as soon as possible.

Dan's dad is the new GBEast correspondent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom