• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Is GB still doing a "This Years Last Year's Game of the Year" (i.e. 2014's 2013 GOTY)

Mount Your Friends might win that.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Is GB still doing a "This Years Last Year's Game of the Year" (i.e. 2014's 2013 GOTY)

Mount Your Friends might win that.

They just called it best old game last year so that WindJammers could win.

The 2014 Steam release of Mount Your Friends should count, it added vital features such as putting your own faces in the game and the work safe mode.

I can't tell if you're joking, but that's every bit as crazy as you accuse Nintendo fans of being.

Lol, I'm joking, cancelling my subscription wouldn't even hurt them since they already have my money anyway. I am offended that you would compare me to the craziness of Nintendo fan *shudder*.

Destiny would barely make top 20 in the soundtrack category and some people are calling that the strongest part of the game. I wonder if Brad will make them take pity on it, though.

I think Transistor has got the soundtrack category in the bag, I can't think of anything more memorable this year.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Those Giant Bomb mother fuckers better not snub Dark Souls II god damn I'm so angry right now god damn it.

DARK SOULS SHOULD HAVE BEEN 2013'S 2011 GAME OF THE YEAR

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
langzone
0084_28u21.gif

MG310

Let the speculation begin!

3tQmF6v.gif

I wonder how many episodes of Metal Gear Scanlon it'll take to finish 2. I forgot how quick that game moves after the point he's at now...even with all of the insanity.

Provided he doesn't spend an entire episode each on Vamp and Ray

Mully

So was the GDC 2012 Week of liveshows good? I was working a lot that time of the year and never got around to watching it. All I know is that a pie was flushed down a toilet.

3tQmF6v.gif

I wonder how many episodes of Metal Gear Scanlon it'll take to finish 2. I forgot how quick that game moves after the point he's at now...even with all of the insanity.

Provided he doesn't spend an entire episode each on Vamp and Ray

first time I did the Ray fight it took me almost 2 hours because I was playing with Drew-level MGS skills.

so that oughta be good

Corgi

Banned
i could be crazy, but i think vita controls work better than ps3 for MGS2.

using thumbs for items is way more intuitive.

I think Transistor has got the soundtrack category in the bag, I can't think of anything more memorable this year.
I found Transistor's OST to be disappointing compared to Bastion. A lot of the songs seemed same-y and derivative, especially after Bastion.

For Best Soundtrack, I'd nominate Divinity: Original Sin. It does have some recycled tracks from Divinity 2, but the soundtrack as a whole is phenomenal.

Otherwise, Dragon Age: Inquisition, if only for the absolutely superb tavern songs, or Smash Bros for the extravagent mishmash of musical histories.

tmarg

Patrick seems real keen on it and Vinny seemed to like it (even though he couldn't bring himself to leave the Hinterlands!). It'll depend on the dirty backroom deals I guess.

Jeff didn't seem to like it much though. I'm sure it will make the list, but I doubt it will be too high.

danm999

Another fine year for the Bakeries.

My new predictions:
10: Divinity Original Sin
9: Dark Souls II
8: Sunset Overdrive
7: South Park
6: Dragon Age: Inquisition
5: Shovel Knight
4: Far Cry 4
3: Jazzpunk
2: Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
1: Bayonetta 2

Swap out DSII for Advanced Warfare and I think you've got the list (though not the order).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom