• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBalfredo

They just called it best old game last year so that WindJammers could win.

The 2014 Steam release of Mount Your Friends should count, it added vital features such as putting your own faces in the game and the work safe mode.

TIE Fighter is a lock for Best Old Game.

Volotaire

Dan Ryckert
@DanRyckert
I have been recording podcasts for almost eleven hours today. Holy shit.

6:30am · 9 Dec 2014 · Twitter for iPhone

edit beaten

itshappeninged.gif

Welcome to Giant Bomb's GOTY procedure Dan?

not GOTYcast

are you sure since Patrick claims him and Vinny will be there for 10 days and its almost up. So unless those 2 are doing others things i think it happened (maybe not the whole day today due to those other podcasts mentioned but other days).

also Danny was assuming the same thing since he heard some Patrick reactions while walking by (not today but before that).

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
I would love to see the revenue he gets from his books.

It's pretty nice. Significantly more than enough to send me to WrestleMania with good seats every year. That's how I plan on going to every one for the rest of my life. My book profits are basically my "funny money."

It's pretty nice. Significantly more than enough to send me to WrestleMania with good seats every year. That's how I plan on going to every one for the rest of my life. My book profits are basically my "funny money."

Does this fund also include going to CM Punk's UFC appearance?

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
I wish Dan stopped tweeting about his books. It's pretty much 90% of his tweets now.

It'll be toned down significantly now that the holiday season is winding down. I know I'm a shameless shill when it comes to that stuff, but it really is a great source of income for me. This is the first time in my life that I haven't really had to worry about money, so I'm definitely going for broke with these books since they're actually really profitable.

But yeah, I don't want to be too annoying with that stuff. It'll be lower key until my next book comes out, and I'd suggest that people mute "Air Force Gator" and "airforcegator" on Tweetdeck if you use that program and don't want to see those tweets.

Jintor

It'll be toned down significantly now that the holiday season is winding down. I know I'm a shameless shill when it comes to that stuff, but it really is a great source of income for me. This is the first time in my life that I haven't really had to worry about money, so I'm definitely going for broke with these books since they're actually really profitable.

But yeah, I don't want to be too annoying with that stuff. It'll be lower key until my next book comes out, and I'd suggest that people mute "Air Force Gator" and "airforcegator" on Tweetdeck if you use that program and don't want to see those tweets.

Pop by writergaf and tell us about the business end of things at some point :p

In all honestly I would love to know. I think I may have asked about your process before but it got lost in the shuffle

Myggen

OW yes it really is.

It's pretty interesting that the Bombcast has reached a large audience that doesn't care to visit the site itself for videos, or even probably know about the site. Jeff has said how much he has struggled justifying doing a 3 hour podcast every week to suits over the years, but given how popular it is, the podcast has to be a big source of new traffic to the site. It's "by far" the most popular thing GB does, according to one of the latest Bombcasts.

edit: I'm surprised that Dan doesn't have a tag yet. EmCee be slippin'.

It's pretty interesting that the Bombcast has reached a large audience that doesn't care to visit the site itself for videos, or even probably know about the site. Jeff has said how much he has struggled justifying doing a 3 hour podcast every week to suits over the years, but given how popular it is, the podcast has to be a big source of new traffic to the site. It's "by far" the most popular thing GB does, according to one of the latest Bombcasts.

edit: I'm surprised that Dan doesn't have a tag yet. EmCee be slippin'.

Young Daniel needs to become a member first I think.

Myggen

Young Daniel needs to become a member first I think.

Nah, I don't think so. Vinny got a tag when his postcount was very low (which it still is). Doubt he was a member. I think EmCee even said that he had thought about a number of different tags for Dan, but couldn't decide.

pronk420

is that poll the gerst man posted for suggestions for things to take another look at still up? I really hope they do another drive club quick look with the new weather in it

Nah, I don't think so. Vinny got a tag when his postcount was very low (which it still is). Doubt he was a member. I think EmCee even said that he had thought about a number of different tags for Dan, but couldn't decide.

Hopefully emcee has a tag for me.

Corgi

Banned
im just surprised any writers can live in the bay area without some side cash.

how much do 'senior games journalists' even make around SF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom