• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
paome_0a39aa50-6129-0132-936f-3a21d9c9a90dplace_FmIIXosOSqicRJwU7suJ_LAMLOOLAA_large.png

http://printallover.me/collections/mens-tops-t-shirts/products/0000000p-9-11

Now I know what I'll be getting friends and family for christmas.

Chuck

Still without luck
I know this'll make someone flip out and fanboy, but has Patrick said anything about the rape joke in Bayo 2?

I wonder if they'll at least give Wolfenstein some love because i'm playing it now and it's the best FPS of the year, no question about it. And I really like CODAW, but WolfTNO is the best starbreeze-ish FPS since the Riddick games.

Megasoum

Banned
I wonder if they'll at least give Wolfenstein some love because i'm playing it now and it's the best FPS of the year, no question about it. And I really like CODAW, but WolfTNO is the best starbreeze-ish FPS since the Riddick games.

Yeah Wolfie was amazing and my biggest surprise of the year I think...Well that and Sunset Overdrive.

I don't recall him saying this. Any idea where he said it?

It was one of the bombcasts just after playing Bayo for the first time I think. I'm pretty sure he said he was loving it but would probably still put Mordor over it for his favorite to come out this year. I think it was one that Jason joined in on and Jason was jealous of him getting to play it.

It would be funny if bread convinces Jeff and the raid gang to do the new raid in the destiny DLC.

More chances of that happening than MGS at this point.

Shows what I know. I still haven't opened my copy of Destiny, but I got it free. I've gotta play through TLOU first. How long is TLOU anyway?

Oh and of course Dan didn't talk in the latest bombcast until MGS is brought up.

Shows what I know. I still haven't opened my copy of Destiny, but I got it free. I've gotta play through TLOU first. How long is TLOU anyway?

Oh and of course Dan didn't talk in the latest bombcast until MGS is brought up.

10-12 hours-ish? Probably depends on the difficulty. I played on default and ended up getting annoyed by the combat and switching to easy for the story.

Jeff and Dan dress up all festive-like and cook a holiday dinner. It would be the greatest cooking video ever.
I would pay extra money on top of my subscription to see Jeff and Dan compete in an elaborate cooking competition to be judged by Drew and Brad.

TLOU took me about 14-15 hours to play through on hard (which I recommend doing).

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Yeah I kinda settled on just dan and drew when I remembered there were two extra people who I'd have to go looking for images of. If I amend it later I'll swap in mary.

I would pay extra money on top of my subscription to see Jeff and Dan compete in an elaborate cooking competition to be judged by Drew and Brad.

TLOU took me about 14-15 hours to play through on hard (which I recommend doing).
I'm not a big fan if the gameplay so far so I don't mind playing on normal. I can't see very well, so stealth gameplay without a radar isn't really for me.

popo

How did none of them know there was a Persona 5 teaser out?

I think Drew cares the most about persona of all of them - and he hasn't actually played it. He was very positive about it to Dan.

Brad will never play P4G past the intro. Ditto Patrick. Jeff only likes P4 and is primed to hate anything that doesn't have Chie in. Vinny seems to be open to it but claims to have played a lot of P3 and could not even remember the playable Dog character.

Was gonna go to a gig in Glasgow tonight but i'd need to sail into town and catch a boat as a 'weather bomb' has hut us according to the news.

A well, Bombcast, beers and maybe the love of a beautiful woman instead.

I think it just hit the north of england. Driving home a power surge took out all the traffic signals and I had to reset the breakers on the house fuse box.

Wait... Is Dan on the podcast? I feel like I haven'T heard anything from him for at least a hour now.

He is very passive on podcasts. Only really talks when someone asks him something or he has a point to make. The more people the less likely he is to assert himself. In contrast to on camera where he is pretty full on.

Was gonna go to a gig in Glasgow tonight but i'd need to sail into town and catch a boat as a 'weather bomb' has hut us according to the news.

A well, Bombcast, beers and maybe the love of a beautiful woman instead.

Bastard ain't it? Fence in back garden is gone. One minute the sun was out and blue skies. The next hail and lightning.

FluxWaveZ

I think Drew cares the most about persona of all of them - and he hasn't actually played it. He was very positive about it to Dan.

Brad will never play P4G past the intro. Ditto Patrick. Jeff only likes P4 and is primed to hate anything that doesn't have Chie in. Vinny seems to be open to it but claims to have played a lot of P3 and could not even remember the playable Dog character.

Jeff liked Persona 1 and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, going by his reviews for them.

I don't know about Brad's interest in Persona 5 but, from the Bombcast, I think Jeff and Vinny's understanding and appreciation for how the game has to be unveiled and the importance of any character revealed is genuine. When it comes down to it, what resonated the most with the ER crew (and a lot of other people) were P4's characters, dialogue, setting, music and all of those memorable elements. Even though Jeff really disliked how Catherine played, he wished he could skip the puzzle scenes to see the rest of the story because he really liked it. Patrick really liked the character relationships and dialogue in that game, too.

If P Studio nails it with all of that again with Persona 5, I think they'll be capable of extending their interests past Persona 4.

popo

Jeff liked Persona 1 and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, going by his reviews for them.

I don't know about Brad's interest in Persona 5 but, from the Bombcast, I think Jeff and Vinny's understanding and appreciation for how the game has to be unveiled and the importance of any character revealed is genuine. When it comes down to it, what resonated the most with the ER crew (and a lot of other people) were P4's characters, dialogue, setting, music and all of those memorable elements. Even though Jeff really disliked how Catherine played, he wished he could skip the puzzle scenes to see the rest of the story because he really liked it. Patrick really liked the character relationships and dialogue in that game, too.

If P Studio nails it with all of that again with Persona 5, I think they'll be capable of extending their interests past Persona 4.

Maybe, but P3 is very similar to P4 and he had no interest in that game. I have a feeling the shared experience of being forced to play the game with a friend will never be repeated for him with a JRPG.

FluxWaveZ

Maybe, but P3 is very similar to P4 and he had no interest in that game. I have a feeling the shared experience of being forced to play the game with a friend will never be repeated for him with a JRPG.

Clearly that means they'll need to bring back the Endurance Run, one last time, for this one.

I dunno. If all of those things I mentioned are good enough, I could see some of the GB guys being compelled to actually go through with playing a JRPG for the story and characters alone.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Didn't Vinny say in the first episode of the P4 endurance run that the reason they wanted to do it was because he played some of P3 but never finished it? He claimed to have beaten it in the Q quick look, but I wonder if he just doesn't realize how little of the game he played. It's nearly a decade ago, even if he played 30 hours he could have missed the majority of the game but still feel like he played a lot of it.

I'm in RepairmanJack's camp. Good on people who could hack the higher difficulties, but I was not one of them.

My problem is I just haven't liked combat in Naughty Dog's games. I dreded the combat in Uncharted and just sort of put up with it in TLOU. Though there was two parts in TLOU that almost had me quitting. Not sure why, it just doesn't click with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom