• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

Didn't Vinny say in the first episode of the P4 endurance run that the reason they wanted to do it was because he played some of P3 but never finished it? He claimed to have beaten it in the Q quick look, but I wonder if he just doesn't realize how little of the game he played. It's nearly a decade ago, even if he played 30 hours he could have missed the majority of the game but still feel like he played a lot of it.

Could be, or maybe he just forgot the dog. He has had two kids since.

I think they will all try P5 but I am not sure how many will stick with it. Jeff especially seems to be a certain mind set. Could well be the number of question he gets as "persona expert" soured him on the whole thing. Like how Adam and Jamie's Will Smith has grown to hate the "actor" Will Smith :D

I really liked The Last of Us's combat, but I'm also a big fan of stealth-action gameplay like Batman and Assassin's Creed. My biggest gripe with those kinds of games is always that they give you a ton of tools to be stealthy and cool but then make it way to easy to just go loud and cheese your way through encounters. See for instance that Assassin's Creed Unity QL where Alex can just pull out a sword and slice through a whole room in like 30 seconds. When I played Watch Dogs I set a goal for myself to get through all the gang hideouts without ever being spotted, even though I could finish them like 10 times faster by just shooting everyone. The Last of Us on hard felt like I actually had to use everything I had at my disposal to make it through a room because oh god all I have is a brick, five bullets, and a molotov and if I get spotted I am fucked. That tension totally made up for the two or three parts where it devolved into trial-and-error bullshit.

I'm way into the multiplayer for that game too. Super tactical, precise stuff.

Dan Ryckert ‏@DanRyckert 3m3 minutes ago
Mail just came in.

B4g-HasCMAAXc9i.jpg

Would like some new video content on the giantbomb webzone.

Preferably of the Metal Gear variety but I will take a Destiny DLC quick look.

Also all that 20 years of PlayStation talk has me wanting Jeff to bring in a bin full of PS1 games and stream away for a few hours.

Growing up all the kids in my neighborhood would swap games all the time, so we had to sharpie our names on top. I'm pretty sure I lost a Star Fox 64, while stealing a World Driver Championship.

put my initials in marker on the back of all my carts.

somewhere out there, there are a bunch of people with MI on their carts wondering what the deal with that is

it's ok, this is the week we get that often-talked-about freedom wars QL. i mean, if not now then when?

but on a more serious note, i'd like to see jeff play through DriveClub again to check out the new stuff. They can just update the last QL to be an unfinished and now give it a proper QL.

Please forgive my Tyrannosaurus Rex-sized ignorance... the buy now link on airforcegator.com goes to Amazon. If I buy Dan's books from there, they'll somehow go to him and he signs them? They won't just come directly to me? Again, forgive me. I'm feeling way dumb but I am, frankly, frightened by the prospect of missing out on some Dan graffiti (assuming he's still doing those).

Fox318

I haven't played Assassins Creed: Unity yet but why does Jeff and others want a linear Assassin's Creed?

Open world is part of what has made that series great.

I sometimes wonder if their tastes or wants in gaming would be different if they weren't forced to cover games.

I haven't played Assassins Creed: Unity yet but why does Jeff and others want a linear Assassin's Creed?

Open world is part of what has made that series great.

I sometimes wonder if their tastes or wants in gaming would be different if they weren't forced to cover games.

the funny thing about asking for a linear AssCreed game is that what you're really asking for is a new Prince of Persia.

Fox318

I'd ask for a new Prince of Persia if it wasn't made by the mess that Ubisoft has become.

But Jeff didn't like any of the Prince of Persia games that came out on previous gen IIRC.

I feel like Jeff and the others are just asking for a game that is 3-4 hours long so they could be done with it.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
Just to temper expectations, I wanna say that Mario Party Party 3 will almost certainly not be happening by the end of the year.

That said, I will be doing my damndest to get some Metal Gear Scanlons out before then.

Fox318

Just to temper expectations, I wanna say that Mario Party Party 3 will almost certainly not be happening by the end of the year.

That said, I will be doing my damndest to get some Metal Gear Scanlons out before then.

That's good.

Nothing like Mario Party 3 to welcome everyone back from their break!

What is the likelihood that Brad will start to win in Mario Party 3 and, in his hubris, challenge Dan to a second Burrito Bet?

Edit: Cool! they used Kelas's art!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom