• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally watched their GOTY 2010 videos (I still need to listen to all the GOTY podcasts from 2011 and on). This was in the bottom-right corner of Day 5.

n2UdkhC.gif

vinnys so smooth

Egg0

Banned
About to listen to them talk about a book I've never read for 3 hours.

Also, was about to say that Chris is holding dat L for not being in the podcast picture, then I faintly saw him on the left.

Bacon

I think I finished sphere in 3 or 4 sittings and I rarely read books. You could easily bang that book out in a sitting or two if you are an experienced reader and want to listen to the podcast.

FStop7

Banned
They were? The tombs were like 83% better than anything else in that game.

I suddenly have the urge to re-play AC2. The cool conspiracy theory puzzles. The WTF ending. The tombs. The incredible Jesper Kyd soundtrack (especially the music that plays while you run around Venice.)

danm999

I haven't played Assassins Creed: Unity yet but why does Jeff and others want a linear Assassin's Creed?

Open world is part of what has made that series great.

I sometimes wonder if their tastes or wants in gaming would be different if they weren't forced to cover games.

IIRC from previous Bombcasts, it's because the series didn't used to be annualized (there were two years between AC1 and 2), so they could take care in crafting their open worlds. Now that they're annualized, they can't, hence all the jank and dissapointment and pointless eavesdropping missions.

So since Ubisoft will never stop the annualization without killing the series, the only other way to improve the games quality again is to cut down the open world stuff.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
IIRC from previous Bombcasts, it's because the series didn't used to be annualized (there were two years between AC1 and 2), so they could take care in crafting their open worlds. Now that they're annualized, they can't, hence all the jank and dissapointment and pointless eavesdropping missions.

So since Ubisoft will never stop the annualization without killing the series, the only other way to improve the games quality again is to cut down the open world stuff.
I think they're just tired of the "find tower, open 500 collectables" design.

Speaking of which, I guess they're totally ignoring The Crew. I was just hoping for a QL of frustration from Jeff. lol

danm999

I think they're just tired of the "find tower, open 500 collectables" design.

Speaking of which, I guess they're totally ignoring The Crew. I was just hoping for a QL of frustration from Jeff. lol

They're Jeff's pretty down on Ubisoft game design is general, and given the year they've had I can't exactly fault him for that.

Just to temper expectations, I wanna say that Mario Party Party 3 will almost certainly not be happening by the end of the year.

That said, I will be doing my damndest to get some Metal Gear Scanlons out before then.

Just livestream you and Drew playing sone Ghost Babel from his house

Jesus... Brad sounds like he's in pure ecstasy during the beginning of this Destiny DLC QL, I wish I loved something in this world as much as Brad loves that Destiny cape shader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom