• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMoth

I haven't played it so I'm not casting aspersions on its quality here but I've gotta say Destiny is an incredibly boring game to watch.

Egg0

Banned
Brad was just being weird in that quicklook. He would agree with Jeff with all his criticisms and would bring up his own criticisms. But would follow up with, "at least they're trying" or "it's better, but the bar was so low." I feel like he might've defended it hard for it to not win Most Disappointing Game.

Destiny is a huge disappointment for me, but I still play because it's my "podcast game" at the moment. I don't really need to pay attention or concentrate on the actual game because I've run through this content so many times.

Myggen

Brad was just being weird in that quicklook. He would agree with Jeff with all his criticisms and would bring up his own criticisms. But would follow up with, "at least they're trying" or "it's better, but the bar was so low." I feel like he might've defended it hard for it to not win Most Disappointing Game.

Destiny is a huge disappointment for me, but I still play because it's my "podcast game" at the moment. I don't really need to pay attention or concentrate on the actual game because I've run through this content so many times.

Isn't that how Brad has been when it comes to Destiny since day 1 though? Agreeing that the game is heavily flawed, but really liking the game despite of all the flaws? Doesn't really sound like a weird reaction to me, he just likes the game.

Anyways, The Crew QL coming up tomorrow.

I am Brad Unfinished tomorrow

That was the first thing I thought of when seeing that. This thread has ruined me.

daydream

Banned
I am Brad Unfinished tomorrow

I think any FPS is boring to watch. Destiny may be doubly so depending on how you feel about the game.

The truly distinguished FPS's aren't boring to watch, though, as GB has proven (see Doom and
Pokemon Snap
).

So I'm just watching Jeff shoot streams of bullets into a bullet sponge, I mean the WILL OF CROTA.

Destiny sure still seems like a piece of shit.

Egg0

Banned
So I'm just watching Jeff shoot streams of bullets into a bullet sponge, I mean the WILL OF CROTA.

Destiny sure still seems like a piece of shit.

It's pretty much Bullet Sponge: The Game. Every single boss has their own attacks and patterns. Once you go through it once, you just go through the motions of "stand here, shoot in head, throw grenade, move behind cover, repeat."

justjim89

I just read an essay presumably written by a grown man on how he'd love to go to PAX and punch Dan in the face.

Like, tumblrs hate of Dan (or at least the circle of blogs that appear on my dash) is directly equivalent to going on /v/ and reading Patrick hate threads. Dan used the word pussy as an insult I'm unsubscribing! Or Dan doesn't understand mortgages Jeff needs to fire him! Or the new favorite Dan doesn't understand the dangers of California weather I hope he gets hurt in an earthquake!

What's the word for taking pleasure in other's displeasure? Schadenfreude? That's what I'm feeling.

Destiny is more fun than SMG. That's the cold hard truth.

I was in my teens in the late 90s, there's only one SMG.

Sarah-Michelle-Gellar-Buffy.jpg

FPS can be very enjoyable to watch, otherwise there wouldn't be pro communities and events around them.

I wish that Jeff and Brad had been like, watching someone else who was focused on the game. At least then they could have talked. It seemed like Jeff was putting all his attention into playing and Brad was trying his hardest to make Destiny seem like a good game. I don't think he was feigning excitement exactly, but it was something along those lines.

The Crew looks mediocre through and through. The idea of an open world car RPGy thing is interesting enough, but Ubisoft definitely didn't pull it off well.

Edit: It would only cost $250 for Dan to be willing to lick 3 yards of snail goo.

Jintor

It's weird that stuff in a series doesn't link to other stuff in a series on its video page. No link to 'forward' or 'back' on Metal Gear Scanlon, for instance. I have to back out to the premium member page and manually find the next episode. Weird!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

This is literally what I picture when I imagine somebody who would defend that David Jaffe concept. Not somebody who thought it looked good, but somebody who would go out of their way to get angry about somebody not liking it. Way too much anger, hashtags, and name-calling on the level of "M$"

hamchan

It's weird that stuff in a series doesn't link to other stuff in a series on its video page. No link to 'forward' or 'back' on Metal Gear Scanlon, for instance. I have to back out to the premium member page and manually find the next episode. Weird!

The video organization has always been awful and who knows if it'll ever improve since they've left it like this for how many years.

Jintor

This is literally what I picture when I imagine somebody who would defend that David Jaffe concept. Not somebody who thought it looked good, but somebody who would go out of their way to get angry about somebody not liking it. Way too much anger, hashtags, and name-calling on the level of "M$"

Wrong podcast, but:

Shitbox

CRAPBOX!

daydream

Banned
Ah, the all-email cast a few years back (with Jeff Green!) contained one of my favorite email responses in the history of the Bombcast:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7UEE_YY8pk

I still burst out laughing every time I hear it.

Forgot about that one, haha.

It also led me to one of my favs (I have a faible for really short clips) - Ryan talking about Usher's Easter Message. For newcomers: Listen to the clip first, then watch the Usher video which is linked in the video description.
I died when I looked that up the first time and I still get a audible laugh out of it every time I relisten.

Giant Bomb Plus is a Chrome extension that takes care of that. I don't use Chrome but that script is supposed to bring up the next video in a series, supposedly.

Gaming side is becoming so sad to browse nowadays, so much console warzzz.
I never want to post there, because it seems so hostile to differing opinions.

santeesioux

Gaming side is becoming so sad to browse nowadays, so much console warzzz.
I never want to post there, because it seems so hostile to differing opinions.

I've gotten to the point where i just ignore gaming and off topic and just look at my subscribed threads, that seems to work.

I've gotten to the point where i just ignore gaming and off topic and just look at my subscribed threads, that seems to work.

Here's to hoping microsoft and sony drop the prices on their consoles some more, so people can afford to buy both and not have to vehemently justify their purchase anymore.

People caping up over DriveClub and Drawn to Death is the gutter dredge slinging of this generation's console warz. The low point of an already sad existence. Not the flags to be proudly waved.

Damn it looks like Driveclub review really made people salty

Mix console warriors with a niche fanbase that feels they are under attack and these are the wonderful results. Throw in some "questions" about journalism ethics (because that's the only way a game you like could score low) and you are set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom