• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moldiver

I remember playing the demo of Jade Cocoon off a PS1 (PAL) demo disc with a friend when that was new. We were both 100% convinced it was the Pokémon killer. Why would you play Pokémon Blue or Red if you could have Jade Cocoon in 3D? I didn't even realise it had pre-rendered backgrounds at the time. Pre-rendered 2D stuff is the worst for making you feel like an idiot when you look at the games you thought looked fantastic at the time.

Edit: Should be on US disc 21, if the CDs have the same numbering as the magazines. I think we used to get UK demo discs over here, so it would have been UK demo disc 53.

I remember that, being a kid that was really into Pokemon having a 3d style Pokemon game come out was amazing....don't think I ever got the game though which was weird considering I still remember it to this day.

I am on episode 11 of MGScanlon, but decided to pause before watching it to watch I Am Bread... and it's Dan and Drew. Everything's coming up Dran.

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
San Francisco is on a hill.

At the bottom of the hill is the fucking ocean.

How hard can it be?

All the areas around SF, where most of the people who work in SF actually live, are largely flooded out and without power. Also the busiest transit hub in SF is out of power and closed right now, and parts of my bus route are also closed due to flooding. Acting like this weather isn't disruptive to large parts of the Bay Area is idiotic.

The utilities and infrastructure in any given area are only equipped to deal with the sort of weather the area experiences on a regular basis. It's remarkable to me how hard it is for some people to grasp this fact. But then I guess they'd have to stop stroking their superiority over how much worse the weather is where they live first.

Brashnir

All the areas around SF, where most of the people who work in SF actually live, are largely flooded out and without power. Also the busiest transit hub in SF is out of power and closed right now, and parts of my bus route are also closed due to flooding. Acting like this weather isn't disruptive to large parts of the Bay Area is idiotic.

The utilities and infrastructure in any given area are only equipped to deal with the sort of weather the area experiences on a regular basis. It's remarkable to me how hard it is for some people to grasp this fact. But then I guess they'd have to stop stroking their superiority over how much worse the weather is where they live first.

I'm just goofing around, man.

Lord knows we have plenty of stereotypes about our poor handling of certain kinds of weather here in DC.

Brad, can we at least agree that "HellaStorm" is a stupid fucking name?

Lord knows we have plenty of stereotypes about our poor handling of certain kinds of weather here in DC.

Yeah because a huge percentage of our population isn't native to the area and can't figure out why wet stuff falls from the sky sometimes, or why it's cold outside.

Megasoum

Banned
I miss the days when Brad would participate here for somethin positive instead of only replying to negative stuff...

Well at least we have Dan here now.

Myggen

Is Drew, Myygen?

Yes.

i0eKljBzfYvny.gif

I don't think he was saying the rain wasn't disruptive. He was referring to the previous poster's claim that the Municipality was inept at handling such weather, when they shouldn't because the city is built on a hill which should make it easy to direct the water towards the ocean.

At least, that's what I understood.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I don't think he was saying the rain wasn't disruptive. He was referring to the previous poster's claim that the Municipality was inept at handling such weather, when they shouldn't because the city is built on a hill which should make it easy to direct the water towards the ocean.

At least, that's what I understood.

That's how I interpreted it, at least.

Well, that, and the implication that Brad would like the rain if it was on an Xbox.

Myggen

Brad! I'm in the need for a new Breaking Brad feature. Some Super Meat Boy perhaps?

That's how I interpreted it, at least.

Well, that, and the implication that Brad would like the rain if it was on an Xbox.

What if it was raining on a Wii U? Oh boy.

I bought Fatal Frame at Software Etc.

Went home, played it for five minutes and realized that I can't handle anything with ghosts and went back the same day to swap it for Mister Mosquito. The employees laughed at me.

Mister Mosquito was fun.

Strax

The utilities and infrastructure in any given area are only equipped to deal with the sort of weather the area experiences on a regular basis.

Define regular basis.

Every month?
Once a year?
Every ten years?

Iceland has maybe huge earthquakes 10-15 years apart but they still design houses with earthquakes in mind.

You know, at least San Francisco isn't Atlanta.

also, the mish mash of bold, the poor spacing, the flip flopping on font sizes, that it's longer than it's tall...

that's gotta be one of the worse bingo cards ever. I'm gonna wait for a patch.

Even though he only responds to negative comments it's nice to know Brad is still with us in this thread, like some sort of grouchy sentinel.

FStop7

Banned
The amount of console warrior fanaticism tied to Driveclub is kind of staggering. I assume it will all shift over to Uncharted 4 next fall, but for now...

I had one of the most notorious shills on GAF get snarky on me because I dared to say that Driveclub selling itself as the ultimate love letter to the art of painstakingly recreating cars in the digital realm was misleading, considering its arcadey handling model...

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Dan, did y'all happen to receive a big tube? The tracking info says it made its way to you guys but was delivered to a different location at the address. Not sure how CBS mail rooms work, since the address included CBS Interactive.

The amount of console warrior fanaticism tied to Driveclub is kind of staggering. I assume it will all shift over to Uncharted 4 next fall, but for now...

well, i'll place a lifetime ban bet that Uncharted 4 reviews better than Driveclub, including getting a higher score from Giant Bomb. It has troy baker, nolan north, and the folks behind GB's 2013 GOTY winner directing the project. There isn't a safer bet in the world to make.

Driveclub peeps are just getting defensive because the only other major PS4 release for fall was Littlebigplanet 3, a game that also launched on the PS3. They had nowhere else to go in regards to defending their precious PS4 games against other console fanboy warriors and they aren't going to let Driveclub get ripped up without putting up a fight.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
Dan, did y'all happen to receive a big tube? The tracking info says it made its way to you guys but was delivered to a different location at the address. Not sure how CBS mail rooms work, since the address included CBS Interactive.

Was it the Gray Fox/Big Boss thing? If so, I searched for your name on Twitter and said something on there to you. If you didn't see that (and this is the same thing we're talking about), then thank you! I'm gonna try to get it framed.

FStop7

Banned

Shouldn't you be telling this to Dan and not to us? He's the one making snarky vids on Instagram, after all.

Patryn

I had one of the most notorious shills on GAF get snarky on me because I dared to say that Driveclub selling itself as the ultimate love letter to the art of painstakingly recreating cars in the digital realm was misleading, considering its arcadey handling model...

Seriously, all this over fucking Driveclub? It boggles the mind.

And, Brad, for the record I didn't mean to imply that people were freaking out over nothing. What I was more attempting to remark on was SF's astounding lack of sufficient drainage. The flooding is a real issue. I'm just surprised that it's been able to flood as much as it has.

Seriously, all this over fucking Driveclub? It boggles the mind.

I dunno, people get really defensive and weird about their preferred platform. Hell, someone made a thread asking about how they could donate to Sony and how connected they felt to the company.

sixghost

Well I was just about to make a snarky post in here about Troy Baker sounding exactly the same in every single game because of the Crew quicklook, then I looked up who the voice of Joel in TLOU was because I specifically thought it was a great voice performance that didn't sound like Nolan North or Troy Baker. Turns out it's Troy Baker.

I dunno, people get really defensive and weird about their preferred platform. Hell, someone made a thread asking about how they could donate to Sony and how connected they felt to the company.

Wait which thread is that?

Well I was just about to make a snarky post in here about Troy Baker sounding exactly the same in every single game because of the Crew quicklook, then I looked up who the voice of Joel in TLOU was because I specifically thought it was a great voice performance that didn't sound like Nolan North or Troy Baker. Turns out it's Troy Baker.

Same thing happened to Nolan North lol

Yeah, they are both great voice actors in their own right. See: Nolan North's Penguin in Arkham City. It's just their direction calls for their regular voice so often.

Patryn

Oh god. That thread. I'm kind of surprised that didn't become a GAF legend.

Brad's an awesome dude, but also a pretty defensive dude. I noticed it when he started hosting.

Anyway, halfway through Sphere. The numbers... Oh God the numbers.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm watching Sphere the movie in preparation for the bomb after reading podcast and man that movie doesn't do the wonderful source material justice.

Man, the podcast thread always makes a big deal out of every little thing these guys say. You'd think they said Uncharted 4 looked like a steaming pile of garbage. It's not as bad as the "why aren't they talking about The Last of Us!?" shite that was going on last year but still...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom