• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

xanavi

From the storm thread in the OT... this is the 280/101 interchange. Maybe the jokes can stop now?

I mean, maybe we should just make jokes about dumb the city planners were that they designed a city that can't handle 5-10 inches of rainfall.

fuzzyset

Anyone having premium issues? I was listening to the Dan + Danny podcast the other day and went to DL the Sphere one to listen on the way home today. Now says I'm a free member. My last transaction date is Nov 18 2013. Surely there's no grace period that long. I was listening to the Premium stuff + enjoying UPF this past week. I can't find a recent charge to GB on my CC though. Anyone know what it is charged as?

Myggen

Anyone having premium issues? I was listening to the Dan + Danny podcast the other day and went to DL the Sphere one to listen on the way home today. Now says I'm a free member. My last transaction date is Nov 18 2013. Surely there's no grace period that long. I was listening to the Premium stuff + enjoying UPF this past week. I can't find a recent charge to GB on my CC though. Anyone know what it is charged as?

There's a grace period on Premium, but I'm not sure how long it normally is. I've heard of a couple of weeks, which isn't too far from you. Did you cancel your sub before it ran out to avoid automatic renewal? If so you haven't been billed for a new year, and need to do that manually. If you're unsure, ask Rorie on Twitter or by PM on the site.

fuzzyset

There's a grace period on Premium, but I'm not sure how long it normally is. I've heard of a couple of weeks, which isn't too far from you. Did you cancel your sub before it ran out to avoid automatic renewal? If so you haven't been billed for a new year, and need to do that manually. If you're unsure, ask Rorie on Twitter or by PM on the site.

Apparently I bought myself a gift sub last year. I guess the grace period is that long. 50$ well spent.

VSeEesL.png

This made me laugh and reminded me of one of the best GB videos ever made! :D

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

tchocky

I think its the contrast of Drew being an informed, down to Earth, rational person and Dan... not so much.

I think it's a mix of that with them both growing up watching a lot of the same movies when Dan is in a ql with Jeff his response to Jeff's references is often just "nope no, idea" whereas he gets nearly all of Drews references.

Moldiver

I remember the Dota talk in the Podcast, tried it tonight for the first time since it came out. Got shouted at and almost reported for what they thought was 'dying on purpose'

Mannnnm, it's only a training match against low level bots.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I remember the Dota talk in the Podcast, tried it tonight for the first time since it came out. Got shouted at and almost reported for what they thought was 'dying on purpose'

Mannnnm, it's only a training match against low level bots.

Dota is almost impenetrable. But if you can get through that start its quite rewarding.

It helps if you have friends at the same level as you.

Moldiver

Dota is almost impenetrable. But if you can get through that start its quite rewarding.

It helps if you have friends at the same level as you.

Picked up and iphone6 the other day started playing vain glory and enjoyed it, realised it was a moba so decided to try LoL enjoying it and have got the hang of it. Friend at same lvl said lets try Dota.....as above didn't go to well.

I'll definetly give it another go, I was playing on an old laptop, game looked horrible and didn't run too great (my excuse anyway)

I Am Bread sounds dumb, but that gameplay really sells me on the concept. It's so damn charming!

For some reason it reminds me of those quaint post-Mario 64 platformers of that era. You know, absolutely bizarre mascots in strange situations with downright weird goals.

I. Am. Bread!!!
That would have been awesome, but our schedules were so crazy for GOTY stuff that we didn't have time.

You're killing us, Dan.

Don't kill us.

An-Det

I've been watching the Outer Heaven guys stream MGS2 for the last few hours and now I'm super pumped to for Drew and Dan to get there. I played the game years ago and didn't remember the details of it all, and the sheer insanity of what happens is just fantastic. It goes on for longer than I remembered too, which may be problematic for the live finale going too long, but watching Drew's mind melting from all of this will be fantastic and totally worth the wait.

tchocky

Metal Gear Scanlon might be coming soon or Dan just thinks about it constantly.

Dan Ryckert ‏@DanRyckert 15m15 minutes ago
Metal Gear Solid is proof that awesome games happen when you give insane people a ton of money to make them.

Metal Gear Scanlon might be coming soon or Dan just thinks about it constantly.

Dan Ryckert ‏@DanRyckert 15m15 minutes ago
Metal Gear Solid is proof that awesome games happen when you give insane people a ton of money to make them.

I was about to post this.

Fingers crossed~

I just finished the first MGScanlon and man the story of that game holds up great. It's a shame the sequel completely ruins it with plot twists that make no sense.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
On the topic of Metal Gear Scanlon, I've got news you'll like and news you might not like (but isn't a big deal):

The News You Might Not Like: We won't be doing a live finale. It's not going to make sense with our schedules and GOTY stuff.

The Good News!: Since there was no one in the office today on account of the storm, Drew and I decided to come in by ourselves and record several episodes. You will certainly see more Metal Gear Scanlon by the end of 2014.

Starting...tonight!

I love in the I Am Bread Quick Look how Drew so quickly identifies that Dan ran out of grip meter. If only he had been on the Shadow of the Colossus QL!

On the topic of Metal Gear Scanlon, I've got news you'll like and news you might not like (but isn't a big deal):

The News You Might Not Like: We won't be doing a live finale. It's not going to make sense with our schedules and GOTY stuff.

The Good News!: Since there was no one in the office today on account of the storm, Drew and I decided to come in by ourselves and record several episodes. You will certainly see more Metal Gear Scanlon by the end of 2014.

Starting...tonight!

Christmas is saved!

Starting...tonight!

Thanks! It's no big deal. Also stay safe out there, excess water prunes the fingers!

Starting...tonight!

You're the man, Dan.

Xeteh

Starting...tonight!

You're a hero Dan. A real American hero.

Volotaire

Starting...tonight!

Fantastic, thanks Dan. You and the GB team haven been producing some fantastic content in the past few weeks.

I just want to get to MGS3 because I've heard great things about it. If the plot is closer to the first then the second, I'll definitely consider buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom