• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
On the topic of Metal Gear Scanlon, I've got news you'll like and news you might not like (but isn't a big deal):

The News You Might Not Like: We won't be doing a live finale. It's not going to make sense with our schedules and GOTY stuff.

The Good News!: Since there was no one in the office today on account of the storm, Drew and I decided to come in by ourselves and record several episodes. You will certainly see more Metal Gear Scanlon by the end of 2014.

Starting...tonight!

You are a national treasure.

Also I don't think the finale needs to be live. Its perfectly fine recorded

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
On the topic of Metal Gear Scanlon, I've got news you'll like and news you might not like (but isn't a big deal):

The News You Might Not Like: We won't be doing a live finale. It's not going to make sense with our schedules and GOTY stuff.

The Good News!: Since there was no one in the office today on account of the storm, Drew and I decided to come in by ourselves and record several episodes. You will certainly see more Metal Gear Scanlon by the end of 2014.

Starting...tonight!

BigBossSalute.gif

Starting...tonight!

This is amazing.

MGS is on the schedule for tomorrow!

H1xmkRZ.png

Fucking A

Starting...tonight!

Thanks a lot, Dan. It's a bummer that the finale won't be live though; seeing Drew witness the mindfuckness that it is would have been glorious.

edit: looks like we are getting the Harrier ! :D

2708061-ds.jpg

re-up man!

For the past few months I have struggled to make time to even watch the regular video content - so I went through the sale humming and hawing should I re-up or not, and decided not to.

I have probably 12 hours of Premium Video downloaded that I have not looked at, so that will last me ages at this rate I am going. Add that in with the stupid amount of stuff coming near the end of the month, and I think I will be fine without Prem for a while.

OH GOD ADS

PBalfredo

Jeff and Dan's talk during The Crew quick look about the fetishistic recreation of real life locations in video games reminded me of all the little details Obsidian put into recreating all the little podunk towns that no one will ever care about in Fallout New Vegas.

Bacon

Jeff and Dan's talk during The Crew quick look about the fetishistic recreation of real life locations in video games reminded me of all the little details Obsidian put into recreating all the little podunk towns that no one will ever care about in Fallout New Vegas.

Oh wow. I thought they just created those smaller towns themselves. This is fascinating.

Starting...tonight!

I like how disaster makes for a more productive site schedule.

And by "productive", I mean more MGS.

Chuck

Still without luck
Remember when you guys (Jimmy) said there wouldn't be any MGScanlon for the rest of the year? I'm so glad you all (mostly Jimmy) were wrong.

Remember when you guys (Jimmy) said there wouldn't be any MGScanlon for the rest of the year? I'm so glad you all (mostly Jimmy) were wrong.

Should've made an avatar bet. But yeah, more MGS is great especially since we're likely not getting mcuh other video content during the next two weeks before GOTY.

From Jeffs Tumblr-
Have you ever felt like going back and re-reviewing a game? for example, Driveclub is a totally different game to the one that shipped. Online works, photo mode and dynamic weather are in. Any chance of returning to the game and give it another chance?

Jeff-Online worked when I reviewed it, too.

Goddamn people are just salty over the score. Let it goooo

Well that's before the boss fight I think.

I know he's going to die horribly multiple times lol

For some reason I ended up reading a bunch of leaked emails from the Sony hack and it sounds like those people have really strong opinions about the possibility of Angelina Jolie joining Giant Bomb:
I'm not destroying my career over a minimally talented spoiled brat who thought nothing of shoving this off her plate for eighteen months so she could go direct a movie. I have no desire to be making a movie with her, or anybody, that she runs and that we don't. She's a camp event and a celebrity and that's all and the last thing anybody needs is to make a giant bomb with her that any fool could see coming.

Myggen

Starting...tonight!

Woo, that's cool!

Should've made an avatar bet. But yeah, more MGS is great especially since we're likely not getting mcuh other video content during the next two weeks before GOTY.

If Jimmy lost he would've just changed back to his normal avatar in a couple of day.

OW SNAP ! :D

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/metal-gear-scanlon-2-part-09/2300-9788/

its up ! :D

Starting...tonight!
Thanks so much Dan that is awesome your to are troopers ! :D

Also Anyone want to see EXTREEMLY YOUNG Patrick?

http://vimeo.com/114308252

Watch this 1up Show tribute

FStop7

Banned
I thought "Stop impersonating him" meant stop impersonating
Big Boss, as in stop trying to be like Big Boss and chase the dream of Outer Heaven.

Starting...tonight!

Thank you so god damn much, Dan.

justjim89

Man, that is some bullshit that the game makes you backtrack for the sniper rifle even if you shoot all the bombs.

Edit: Nevermind. I forgot about that one.

Myggen

LOL at that Rose conversation at the end. She is fucking unbearable.

The Raiden and Rose stuff in MGS2 is up there with the worst video game relationships ever, and that's saying something. MGS2 is saved by the batshit crazy plot for me, the character moments are largely terrible and the worst in the series by a fucking mile.

The Raiden and Rose stuff in MGS2 is up there with the worst video game relationships ever, and that's saying something. MGS2 is saved by the batshit crazy plot for me, the character moments are largely terrible and the worst in the series by a fucking mile.

It's so good because they're so bad. Kojima knew exactly what he was doing.

Great episode. After weeks away from the game, and Drew gives his finest performance yet. Story-wise, it's gonna be nothing but gold all the way to the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom