• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
Dan da man

New Metal Gear Scanlon!?

4JgwZId.gif

OH GOD

Didn't Kojima say Rose is based on/inspired by his wife or something? Maybe this was his version of venting.

I think he said that the conversations between Rose and Raiden are based on real conversations he's had with various women. Then again, Kojima is constantly mistranslated so it's anyone's guess if that's true.

LegoArmo

Is there a reason someone always has to "stop" the recording? Couldn't they just say say their goodbyes and cut it at that point in post?

I guess they just want as little editing as possible so it can be uploaded faster, but I don't think it would take hugely long. Just tradition?

roytheone

So I am currently trying to do the same thing with metal gear solid 3 as I did with metal gear solid 2: making sure that I completed the game before Drew begins to play. However, I have a little problem: I REALLY SUCK at this game. Without the radar, I just keep on getting spotted over and over again, and there seem to be no hiding places anywhere where I can wait until the alert is over. As an example, it took me half an hour to get passed the one map where you have to reach that Russian scientist guy. Kept getting spotted and then running aimlessly trying to find a place to hide. It will take ages at this rate to complete the game. So are there any tips you guys can give me so that I can actually finish the game one day?

So hype for Metal Gear Solid 2 ending followed by Metal Gear Solid 3

Can't wait for Drew's reaction when he meets
Ocelot
in MGS3.
So I am currently trying to do the same thing with metal gear solid 3 as I did with metal gear solid 2: making sure that I completed the game before Drew begins to play. However, I have a little problem: I REALLY SUCK at this game. Without the radar, I just keep on getting spotted over and over again, and there seem to be no hiding places anywhere where I can wait until the alert is over. As an example, it took me half an hour to get passed the one map where you have to reach that Russian scientist guy. Kept getting spotted and then running aimlessly trying to find a place to hide. It will take ages at this rate to complete the game. So are there any tips you guys can give me so that I can actually finish the game one day?
You just gotta rely on first person and put everyone to sleep. Also you can hear the guards from quite far away, I'm playing with headphones and that definitely seems to help.

All the areas around SF, where most of the people who work in SF actually live, are largely flooded out and without power. Also the busiest transit hub in SF is out of power and closed right now, and parts of my bus route are also closed due to flooding. Acting like this weather isn't disruptive to large parts of the Bay Area is idiotic.

The utilities and infrastructure in any given area are only equipped to deal with the sort of weather the area experiences on a regular basis. It's remarkable to me how hard it is for some people to grasp this fact. But then I guess they'd have to stop stroking their superiority over how much worse the weather is where they live first.

The point is that other areas of the country have flooding and lose power all the time without making it seem like the end of the world is coming. This is not some sort of weather elitism, just a case of something that happens to other people all the time without them screaming from the hilltops about it.

Largo

Since it seems like Drew's been on more content lately, I had a second when Dan said they were doing more Metal Gear Scanlon where I was wondering who was going to do the video production stuff for the segment.

Since it seems like Drew's been on more content lately, I had a second when Dan said they were doing more Metal Gear Scanlon where I was wondering who was going to do the video production stuff for the segment.

J-dawg is relegated to the control room forever now!

Jb

Awesome episode this week. MGScanlon/Demo Derby are so far ahead of every other video content GB produce in terms of sheer fun it's kinda crazy. Never would have guessed Drew would beat the Harrier first try. Good stuff.

Awesome episode this week. MGScanlon/Demo Derby are so far ahead of every other video content GB produce in terms of sheer fun it's kinda crazy. Never would have guessed Drew would
beat the Harrier first try
. Good stuff.
Awww spoilers dude.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
I never noticed
all of robo-Campbell's vocal errors. I think Drew even brough it up at one point, saying, "that doesn't sound like Canpbell."
The joys of MGS2!

I never noticed
all of robo-Campbell's vocal errors. I think Drew even brough it up at one point, saying, "that doesn't sound like Canpbell."
The joys of MGS2!

At times it sounds completely different.

I know they got Major Zero to record a few new lines for the MGS3 HD version. Did they do the same for the Campbell in 2?

I never noticed
The joys of MGS2!

That's actually because those lines were rerecorded with a different guy for the purpose of the HD collection. Paul Eiding wasn't available, apparently.

ok, too many people are confused by the "stop impersonating him" line from Snake. I don't get it. It's pretty clear that he is telling Solidus to stop impersonating Solid Snake because that's what he has been doing up until that point. And Snake is referring to himself in third-person because he's been conceiling his identity ever since he volontarily faked his own death two years prior.

It's really not confusing at all. I'm having flashbacks to the "preceeded by" line from Johnson later. So many people were confused by that and thought Solidus Snake was older than his two brothers, when he really wasn't and anyone understanding basic English would have understood.

There's a line in some MGS2 making of thing (I think the Document) that says that the scene is supposed to be Snake at first saying "no that's not Solid Snake," then he gets a better look at Solidus with the slicked back white hair and beard and coat and gets angry that he's "impersonating" Big Boss.

There's a line in some MGS2 making of thing (I think the Document) that says that the scene is supposed to be Snake at first saying "no that's not Solid Snake," then he gets a better look at Solidus with the slicked back white hair and beard and coat and gets angry that he's "impersonating" Big Boss.

Wow, if that's true, that's really not how this scene is coming accross.

Nishastra

Banned
That's actually what I thought he was saying.

daydream

Banned
So, will there be enough people in the office for UPF or is there still.. water preventing that?

Anyway, I had an idea for you, Dan: Play some Donkey Konga multiplayer!

Brashnir

So, will there be enough people in the office for UPF or is there still.. water preventing that?

Anyway, I had an idea for you, Dan: Play some Donkey Konga multiplayer!

They haven't taken it off the schedule yet. I imagine if people were staying home due to weather, one of them would have cleared it off the schedule by now.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
They do some of their best work when they're short on staff.

daydream

Banned
They haven't taken it off the schedule yet. I imagine if people were staying home due to weather, one of them would have cleared it off the schedule by now.

Having no show despite one being announced would be exceedingly unprofessional, though. How could you top that? Perfect way to introduce The Raid as the new Friday feature.

They do some of their best work when they're short on staff.

you're short on staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom