• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Just seeing this, wonder if Dan's ever watched Jose Canseco's MMA debut.

uzsxUQr.gif

If he hasn't, it's maybe the most satisfying video available on the internet until "Jose Canseco shoots his finger off" debuts

Lmao that is stellar.

The hate for IDARB is shocking. Looks like so much fun.

Yeah the actual gameplay seems rather fun. It's like Smash Bros. of indie sports games. I'd say the live ticker needs to go for the game to be playable in public situations like this, but otherwise having interactivity via Twitter is good.

I thought IDARB looked like it would probably be fun to play but it was just one of those games for me that isnt fun to watch others play. I got very bored during that last segment.

Quentyn

Have Jeff or Rorie acknowledged the new job posting at all? It has been up for two weeks now.

And yep, that IDARB segment was not entertaining at all. First time I stopped watching UPF and did something else.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I just watched UPF and yeah, IDARB was a boring segment. Timeline was a more entertaining game to watch.

They should go back to old stuff like that more often. It's always some of the most entertaining stuff to watch (except maybe when it's an old strategy game or something).

They should go back to old stuff like that more often. It's always some of the most entertaining stuff to watch (except maybe when it's an old strategy game or something).

I really wish there was some dedicated "check out these old ass video games" content that happened on a regular basis. Encyclopedia Bombastica is pretty much what I want, but on a schedule that isn't "whenever someone feels like it."

Quentyn

I really wish there was some dedicated "check out these old ass video games" content that happened on a regular basis. Encyclopedia Bombastica is pretty much what I want, but on a schedule that isn't "whenever someone feels like it."

Dan mentioned multiple times how he never had a PC growing up. Just have Brad or Jeff pick a game for him and let him go in blind. I don't know if that will work as long term series though, some games will probably work better than others.

Totally agree, though I've also seen it said in this very thread asking why they're playing old games. So...dunno.

Jeff's basically my age, so, our frames of reference and history are pretty similar. I'd love to see some early/mid 90s stuff show up more often. Stuff we played when we were 14/15/16.

daydream

Banned

Been saying this for years. Sadly, the only one who could helm such a feature would be Jeff and I doubt he has the time seeing how rarely he's involved in Premium content outside of live shows. We'll always have our end-of-the-year and platform anniversary streams.

Also, the wait since the last one (I'm gonna generously count the CD-i one as the last retro stream) has felt longer because Jeff wasn't there for Extra Life. I'm sure we'd have gotten another unofficial Genesis ER or two out of it if he had been present.

daydream

Banned
Demo derby is kinda that.

what's demo derby

(I wish we got more episodes. Also, while I love the feature to death, Jeff's involvement would elevate it to a whole other level. Also, pre-PS1/N64 eras won't get any love in that feature. Speaking of N64, we never got a stream for that. Also, a TG-16 stream never materialised, iirc, even though it was teased in a UPF.)

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Demo derby isn't a patch on vinny bringing flash traffic or reelect jfk to upf.

It's good in its own right but it's a different thing.

what's demo derby

(I wish we got more episodes. Also, while I love the feature to death, Jeff's involvement would elevate it to a whole other level. Also, pre-PS1/N64 eras won't get any love in that feature. Speaking of N64, we never got a stream for that. Also, a TG-16 stream never materialised, iirc, even though it was teased in a UPF.)

Demo Derby is retired for #theraid

Ive been waiting for a proper Mega Drive/Genesis version of the SNES Members Only Party content for years. The guys had spoken about it now and again but nothing really came of it.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Holy crap is that guy like 7'8"?

7'2'' I think, he had a decent amount of pro kickboxing fights and a handful in MMA. Mostly he went in the ring and was a giant Korean man for those MMA fights.

Ahahaha, he is basically just running away. That might be the lamest MMA fight I have ever seen and I have seen some Pride bullshit.

That right there is the successor to Pride bullshit: Dream bullshit. The open weight tournament that fight took place in was hilarious and has never at all had any sort of allegations about fixed fights.

Quick Look Throwbacks and Random PC game are amazing features. I wish GB still did them...

Encyclopedia Bombasticas are good as solo streams, but only when the host has a personal history (and thus deep knowledge) for the game in question. That said, I prefer two+ person streams - they're just more fun.

Looks like a next-gen version of the Terminator.

Watched whatever the pay per view last night for wrestling was. First time watching wrestling. The bizarre dumbness of it was interesting, but I found the actual wrestling to be kinda dull. It feels really fake when they're pretending to punch each other and you can see the punches completely whiffing and the other person still reacting. I can't tell if I liked watching it or not. Also that Wyatt wrestler sitting under a ladder and getting really dramatic about ladders was hilarious.

Patryn

Watched whatever the pay per view last night for wrestling was. First time watching wrestling. The bizarre dumbness of it was interesting, but I found the actual wrestling to be kinda dull. It feels really fake when they're pretending to punch each other and you can see the punches completely whiffing and the other person still reacting. I can't tell if I liked watching it or not. Also that Wyatt wrestler sitting under a ladder and getting really dramatic about ladders was hilarious.

Last night was considered one of the worst PPVs of the year.

Bacon

First time listening to bombin in a good long while. Patrick and alex are discussing toast and toasters. What the fuck am I listening to.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
:lol, I too had to rig up vcr's and shit for those stupid RF adapters. Anything to play videogames, right.

SmithnCo

Keep in mind the PPV was pretty bad aside from the Ziggler v. Harper match

WWE's developmental branch, NXT, put on a far better show recently.

Just noticed my premium subscription just lapsed. (Actually it probably lapsed back in the summer but hadn't noticed it till now) Am I missing anything great?

fixed

BLAOW

Is/was Crash Time ever big in Germany ? Also what the hell is that TV show.

Just noticed my premium subscription just lapsed. (Actually it probably lapsed back in the summer but hadn't noticed it till now) Am I missing anything great?

Mario Party

Mario Party Party

Demo Derby

Metal Gear Scanlon 1 & 2

UPF with the entire gang back

GB Playdate ( ALex & Vinny)

Premium podcasts Wrrestling , Alt f1 , Sphere talk and Danny & Dan Thanksgiving adventures.

Bacon

Metal Gear Scanlon has been fantastic. You could re-up for a month and download anything and have 25+ hours of content to watch.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

You have no idea. There are like 20 seasons and it's still going.

It's basically a crime show and in the end of each episode they race a guy and an expensive car suddenly turns into an extremly cheap one for three frames and then explodes.

I haven't payed attention in a while but about 6 years or so ago, german tv was a real shitshow.

Oh, don't worry it did change. It's much worse now.
Imagine Duck Dynasty, some courtroom show and Honey Boo-Boo for 24 hours just without any budget.

Myggen

You have no idea. There are like 20 seasons and it's still going.

It's basically a crime show and in the end of each episode they race a guy and an expensive car suddenly turns into an extremly cheap one for three frames and then explodes.

Oh, don't worry it did change. It's much worse now.

I always make sure to catch some German TV when I'm in Germany for work/vacation/whatever. It's great! Also, you guys still seem to dub every non-German show, which I find pretty insane.

daydream

Banned

I haven't actively watched German TV in five years or so.

I always made sure to catch some German TV when I'm in Germany for work/vacation/whatever. It's great! Also, you guys still seem to dub every non-German show, which I find pretty insane.

Insane is the right word, yeah. Movies too, btw. Can't stand it.

Xater

You should have watched NXT: [R]Evolution instead which was actually good.

I always make sure to catch some German TV when I'm in Germany for work/vacation/whatever. It's great! Also, you guys still seem to dub every non-German show, which I find pretty insane.

You don#t have to tell me. I haven't watched German TV in years.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

I know people who genuinly get angry when game publishers or film studios don't translate the name of their games/movies and just keep the original title. It's......weird.

The whole german TV..."scene" is basically "What's big in america right now?" but with 10% of the budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom