• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

http://blog.jeffgerstmann.net/post/63354280213/not-sure-if-this-has-been-asked-before-but-i-was

I'm going to disagree with how he thinks Lil B seems calculated. I really don't think you can make that stuff up.

He goes on some amazing Twitter rants from time to time when he, I assume, is high as fuck. A couple of days ago he updated the world on his views on American politics (which, sadly, seems to be deleted now) in about 30-40 tweets. It was pretty great.

His music is absolute garbage though.

Anyways, in preparation of MGScanlon in (hopefully) a few hours, here's Dara O'Briain on MGS

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
He goes on some amazing Twitter rants from time to time when he, I assume, is high as fuck. A couple of days ago he updated the world on his views on American politics (which, sadly, seems to be deleted now) in about 30-40 tweets. It was pretty great.

His music is absolute garbage though.

Anyways, in preparation of MGScanlon in (hopefully) a few hours, here's Dara O'Briain on MGS

Dara's might have been the first standup comedy about video games that didn't make me roll my eyes. Good bit.

It still blows my mind that Jeff's DriveClub review of all things is the one that caused a ton of ire with fans. Someone bringing it up in the "Worst 'Game Journalism' Article of 2014" thread was just the icing on the cake. That game seems to attract some of the most rabid fans of any game I've seen lately.

It still blows my mind that Jeff's DriveClub review of all things is the one that caused a ton of ire with fans. Someone bringing it up in the "Worst 'Game Journalism' Article of 2014" thread was just the icing on the cake. That game seems to attract some of the most rabid fans of any game I've seen lately.

Exclusive racing games do that to people for some reason. More so then normal exclusives I find.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
Tough for me to hate on him for music. I'm 29 and my taste is the largely the same. Though I can go older as well and listen to a lot of Beatles-era/pre-Beatles British rock as well.

Me too! Big Beatles fan, as well as Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, and even older to Robert Johnson.

Myggen

Wait.. The dude at 11:17 in the Gamespot video has a GiantBomb PAX t-shirt?? First time I see that one

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-video-game-year-in-review-2014/2300-6422826/

That's a t-shirt GB user Fobwashed made for PAX two(?) years ago.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, they need to get Fobwashed to make their next t-shirt. That man has made some really great GB themed t-shirts (the gamebomb.ru t-shirt, the Rocky themed Dan t-shirt, the Papers Please GB t-shirt etc.).

danm999

Geez. Why is that, do you think? Or is it largely inexplicable?

I'm not really into driving games myself but they seem to have a pedigree as graphical demonstrations of the power of new systems, like this is the reason you bought this new console. Drive Club very much fell into this mold in the PS4's promotion even if it was delayed outside the launch window.

Additionally I'd say Sony had a pretty weak year in terms of PS4 exclusives (so much got pushed to 2015), so some diehard fanboys might get a bit more willing to die on strange hills.

Myggen

Oh yes there is!

2566252-jeff_ryan_awesome.gif

I wanna say last year's ran about 10h, is that right?

Yep.

I look forward to the Brad fillabuster and the inevitable Dan heel turn. When spirits are broken and patience is at it's limit Jeff will agree to Destiny as #1.

I'm not really into driving games myself but they seem to have a pedigree as graphical demonstrations of the power of new systems, like this is the reason you bought this new console. Drive Club very much fell into this mold in the PS4's promotion even if it was delayed outside the launch window.

Additionally I'd say Sony had a pretty weak year in terms of PS4 exclusives (so much got pushed to 2015), so some diehard fanboys might get a bit more willing to die on strange hills.

"Pretty weak" is an incredible understatement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom