• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

William

Loved the sphere podcast when I finally got around to it. Hoping this is the start of a regular(ish) book club podcast with the same gang. Has anything been said about doing another one?

erawsd

I'm most interested in the "Most Bullshitty Bullshit Of The Year" category. Should be lots of contenders.

Actually yeah, that is going to be a great discussion.

It's Destiny. How can it not be Destiny?

Even though Brad admits that Destiny is flawed, hes always quick to defend it whenever someone else says something negative about it. I could totally see him trying to pushing for Watchdogs or Titanfall,

LeBart

How do you even damage Vamp? I just remember this fight being obnoxious as fuck, especially because of the magic water.

You just shoot at him a lot with your guns. It's a pretty straightforward boss fight, by Metal Gear standards.
Nailing your shadow is a neat trick though, I'll give him that.

sixghost

Even though Brad admits that Destiny is flawed, hes always quick to defend it whenever someone else says something negative about it. I could totally see him trying to pushing for Watchdogs or Titanfall,

They didn't talk about how bad Watchdogs or Titanfall was 9 weeks in a row on the podcast though. If anything but Destiny wins I would be shocked.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I forgot how cool the slow month and handshake scenes are.

And how pretty genuwinely sad the bird part is right after.

Brashnir

These Metal Gear cutscenes are some of the most ham-fisted garbage this side of Hayden Christensen.

Remind me again how people think this stuff is good.

RE: Ads on the bombcast

Loot crate seems like the dumbest thing in the world. "Hey! Pays us to send you a box of junk every month". Who would want that?

I am really not a fan of MGS2, but

Emma's death, Otacon's reaction, and the damn parrot make me tear up every time.

Is strangely effective given how is a transition between
Otakon crying, Snake and Raiden being awkward by been in the middle, Otakon and Snake doing a bro salute and then Otakon crying.

Godammit Kojima, let me remember you for mad genius stuff like this and MGS3 and not MGS4 lackluster explination of everything.

Man, I cann wait for next episode.

hwy_61

Banned
RE: Ads on the bombcast

Loot crate seems like the dumbest thing in the world. "Hey! Pays us to send you a box of junk every month". Who would want that?

You'd be surprised.

It'd be great if these guys only advertised stuff they would actually use, but some of these are like, really, guys? A diagnostics dongle for your car? None of you are gonna use that shit.

Nature box and crunchyroll are the only two I see them using.

EDIT: I didn't know Jeff owned that goddamn dongle.

Jintor

I am glad I first experienced Raiden in Revengeance, though, because jesus christ I would have flipped my shit if I'd played MGS2 when it first came out

You'd be surprised.

It'd be great if these guys only advertised stuff they would actually use, but some of these are like, really, guys? A diagnostics dongle for your car? None of you are gonna use that shit.

Nah. I think advertising random crap is the best. Just that loot crate seems super dumb.

If they only advertised products they actually use it would just be ads for plaid shirts, energy drinks and domain registration services.

I am glad I first experienced Raiden in Revengeance, though, because jesus christ I would have flipped my shit if I'd played MGS2 when it first came out

I didn't mind him (and I actually kind of like how douchy and clueless he is in this game), but he gets way better by 4 (thought he has even more angst) and by Revengence he strike the balance between angst, douchy and cyborg robot ninja that is tired of secret cabals controlling the world with
AIs
and Nanomachines.

Jintor

I didn't mind him (and I actually kind of like how douchy and clueless he is in this game), but he gets way better by 4 (thought he has even more angst) and by Revengence he strike the balance between angst, douchy and cyborg robot ninja that is tired of secret cabals controlling the world with
AIs
and Nanomachines.

"What a weirdooooo"

Someday Jeff is going to end watching one of the Animes he pimps in the ads, like Sword Art Online... and he will cry in his sleep.

I should have voted for a SAO QL of the Vita game

It was really weird seeing the MGS2 Raiden after playing Revengeance.

I think it's time for Jack to
let 'er whine
!

Actually, I just want Vinny, Jeff and Rorie commenting about the first season of SAO while any remaining faith in human kind dissolves.

Thought Suguha is love

Myggen

You'd be surprised.

Well, they have a deal with an ad company for their podcast ads, so I doubt they can turn down companies. There's only so many companies that advertise on podcasts.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You'd be surprised.

You know they don't really control who they advertise for right?

Aerocrane

Jintor

Man I completely forgot about the slow-mo shot

Dan have you read Let's Destroy Metal Gear and Let's Destroy Metal Gear Again?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Though to expand more on the subject, going by the way idlethumbs do it if they actually do advertise what they use it would just turn into a boring informacial that goes on for waaay too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom