• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
His recent article about white privilege was something else.

so I just looked that article up despite my better judgement. a lot of words without really saying much of anything. shit reads like a college research paper.

Lijik

B26x0gQCYAA_vyw.jpg

Art School Vinny is my new band name

Looks like they'll have some decent studio space which is good, sucks they won't be up again until January but atleast it looks like Vinny and Alex will both be on the GOTY discussions.

Myggen

Early January, ouch :(

also, they did end up in cubicles, didn't they

Not surprising that they ended up in cubicles, but no big deal given that a vast majority of the stuff they'll put on the site will be from the studio. Alex confirmed early Jan on Monday's Bombin, but if you take into account Thanksgiving and them being in SF for a full week, that's just a few weeks lost to relocating.

daydream

Banned
Not surprising that they ended up in cubicles, but no big deal given that a vast majority of the stuff they'll put on the site will be from the studio. Alex confirmed early Jan on Monday's Bombin, but if you take into account Thanksgiving and them being in SF for a full week, that's just a few weeks lost to renovation.

Yeah, the wait won't be too long. Also, I still have Extra Life stuff to catch up on, so I'm hardly hurting for content.

As long as they feel comfortable in their new studio, I'm happy.

Alucrid

Banned
so I just looked that article up despite my better judgement. a lot of words without really saying much of anything. shit reads like a college research paper.

i love when the first thing people say about racism is "well that's just in america"

final confirmation of them being in San Fran this time so the Vinny/Dan interaction can finally happen :)

Also i guess Alex learned the hard way due to last year :p

Should be fun to see who ultimately makes it (i say no drew/jason/rorie on the main but we'll see)

final confirmation of them being in San Fran this time so the Vinny/Dan interaction can finally happen :)

Also i guess Alex learned the hard way due to last year :p

Should be fun to see who ultimately makes it (i say no drew/jason/rorie on the main but we'll see)

I'd say Drew is a core member of the team at this point so he will defo be there. Probably no Jason and Rorie though.

Volotaire

Oh GBeast are visiting San Francisco. I though they were doing the GOTY casts through teleconferencing/Skype. Unless this is separate. Great to see the turnaround fro the new studio is minimal and at a relatively less busy time for game releases.

Myggen

I'd say Drew is a core member of the team at this point so he will defo be there. Probably no Jason and Rorie though.

One of them probably has to go. I highly doubt they'll go over 5 in the recording studio for this one, especially since Patrick will either be there in person (if so, they'll go to 6) or on Skype. Drew has probably played maybe 1 of the games that will end up on their GOTY list, so my guess would be that he's gonna focus on the other GOTY stuff this year. There's no way they'll have 7 people on the GOTY podcasts.

One of them probably has to go. I highly doubt they'll go over 5 in the recording studio for this one, especially since Patrick will either be there in person (if so, they'll go to 6) or on Skype. Drew has probably played maybe 1 of the games that will end up on their GOTY list, so my guess would be that he's gonna focus on the other GOTY stuff this year. There's no way they'll have 7 people on the GOTY podcasts.

They'd have 7 people sat around a table to deliberate the GOTY either way. I bet everyone is there.

daydream

Banned
I suggested doing VR missions as warm-up/training early into the first MGS. I got shot down but I still think it's a good idea. Maybe more people will be inclined to agree now.

Btw can Drew beat 2 before GOTY stuff hits or is that unrealistic at this point?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The guy who's doing "best of GB" is doing gods work. Xpanther?

Yeah, the best of GB videos are better advertising for premium content than they have done themselves ever since the once a month free Whiskey Media Happy Hour show (and the free shows were usually the worst, so it's probably better advertising).

Putting up full segments is pretty gross, but an 8 minute highlight taken from 5+ hours of content is hardly giving away the whole video.

Liamc723

I suggested doing VR missions as warm-up/training early into the first MGS. I got shot down but I still think it's a good idea. Maybe more people will be inclined to agree now.

Btw can Drew beat 2 before GOTY stuff hits or is that unrealistic at this point?

With the rate at which they put out episodes and how Drew plays, the odds of that happening are pretty much zero.

fleck0

I'd say it depends on how crazy they go with GOTY and how long he's stuck editing.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
In my head they are still working in some janky basement surrounded by a smelly couch and a Tony Hawk: Ride board.

edit: Make that several Tony Hawk: Ride boards.

He's not wrong. TB also has the GamerGate part of Reddit on his side, so he's got the asshole vote covered in addition to everything else.

Honestly, if TB wins, that should be reason enough to never ever hold that contest again. The guy's an embarrassment to the gaming community... and that's saying something.

Myggen

Honestly, if TB wins, that should be reason enough to never ever hold that contest again. The guy's an embarrassment to the gaming community... and that's saying something.

Yeah, don't get me started on that guy again. At least he's still a Giant Bomb subscriber, which is probably the only good thing I can say about him right now. But enough about that, not the right thread for that talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom