• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really happy Vinny is going to make it to the goty stuff. I can't wait to see he and Dan collaborating. Vinny seems like the type that would love Dan's insane ideas.

Myggen

Is Total Biscuit the guy who was saying that white privilege and racism are only American things recently?

Among a number of other things, yes. I actually kind of liked some of his work before, but that dude has gone off the deep end in a big way these last few months.

Rainmaker

Banned
Jeff winning would be great because I really doubt he cares too much. I wish he would win really bad. I'd definitely take PewDiePie over TB though. If TB wins I hope his award is taken away immediately and then given to the second place winner for a laugh.

...Or Jeff rushes the stage and steals the award.

None of this matters.

Really happy Vinny is going to make it to the goty stuff. I can't wait to see he and Dan collaborating. Vinny seems like the type that would love Dan's insane ideas.

It would be hilarious if he really hated Dan and his barely contained contempt leaked through into all of the GOTY content.

Myggen

It would be hilarious if he really hated Dan and his barely contained contempt leaked through into all of the GOTY content.

Vinny hates Dan is the new Brad hates Dan is the new Jeff hates Brad is the new Jeff hates Drew is the new Ryan hates Patrick is the new Ryan hates Brad is the new...

THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.

Dany

Banned
Wait, why do we hate TB now?

Also I can't wait to hear Vinny and Alex on the bombcast.

Is Patrick joining?

Myggen

Is Patrick joining?

On Skype if not in person, but I'm betting he's going to be there too. To get any word in he needs to be there in person, if he thought it was difficult for Alex to get into arguments from Skype last year, wait for at least one, maybe two, more people in the studio.

danm999

Wait, why do we hate TB now?

He basically tried to say white privilege doesn't exist in the UK and it's all about class.

This is of course, absolute horse shit and shows a lack of understanding in basic intersectionality.

It's why lots of people hope Jeff, or even PewDiePie win the award instead.

Myggen

He basically tried to say white privilege doesn't exist in the UK and it's all about class.

This is of course, absolute horse shit and shows a lack of understanding in basic intersectionality.

It's why lots of people hope Jeff, or even PewDiePie win the award instead.

That might be his most clueless comment, but it's the whole package of bullshit he's been spewing these last couple of months in regards to gamergate and social issues surrounding that. But yeah, go PewDiePie and Jeff! :p

danm999

That might be his most clueless comment, but it's the whole package of bullshit he's been spewing these last couple of months in regards to gamergate and social issues surrounding that. But yeah, go PewDiePie and Jeff! :p

Indeed, didn't want to turn the GB Thread into an anti-TB affair, but some of the stuff he's been saying like how Anita's death threats weren't serious since she's still breathing is just...

I guess (to bring it back on topic) it highlights for me the divergence in media personalities like Jeff and TB who alternatively succeed or fail in that ethos of 'don't be a jerk' that's at the heart of Giant Bomb (unless it's Yoshi or something; that little bastard is fair game).

I can't believe vinny hates dan

They would make a great couple and no doubt be my dad and mom of choice, even if they would be fighting all the time

Now GBeast is going west for GOTY, I really hope they do some sort of real-life Velvet Sundown for the videos. I know I've said it before, but it would be awesome, so I don't care!

JayEH

I don't see MGS on upcoming videos.

Edit: are people really upset that Total Biscuit is winning some dumb Internet poll? C'mon guys.

this thread got weird again, and it's not even the weekend. Well back to watching bunch of half naked dudes body slam each other, while looking at grumpy cat memes.

Looks like MGS remains Tuesday and Friday guys. Let's not give ourselves too much credit. :) I imagine that schedule stays as is for the foreseeable future too for better or for worse.

I'd say Drew is a core member of the team at this point so he will defo be there. Probably no Jason and Rorie though.

Jason and Rorie of course with Top 10s. Hearthstone for Rorie is a near-lock to me, but Jason's should be interesting.

One of them probably has to go. I highly doubt they'll go over 5 in the recording studio for this one, especially since Patrick will either be there in person (if so, they'll go to 6) or on Skype. Drew has probably played maybe 1 of the games that will end up on their GOTY list, so my guess would be that he's gonna focus on the other GOTY stuff this year. There's no way they'll have 7 people on the GOTY podcasts.

Drew is too nice to wade into a BRADSTORM of filibuster; hell, Vinny was. Gotta come to fight to be in that fight.

Anjin M

I've been out of contact for too long, so I have many things to say.

• I wish Jeff would win as Trending Gamer just because he dislikes the term Gamer.
  • How did Dave Lang get 10 episodes into a new podcast without me knowing about it?!?
  • Am I the only one that got woozy watching the GBeast office tour video? Too much shaky cam for me.
  • DanyM's Tumblr reminds me that I'm only 98.5‰ toward one end of the Kinsey scale.

AcridMeat

Banned
Those aren't bullet points.

edit: You guys are silly, those are way better than cubicles, but man another month 1/2 until they're up and running that's crazy. Hopefully they do some other types of videos in the meantime.

Haunted

Tomorrow Children certainly looks absolutely incredible and there's familiar elements to it that have worked fantastically well in other games (mine -> craft/build -> defend -> mine -> craft/build), but... it doesn't really look like a game I really want to play?

Maybe it had to do with Brad's very confused and non-directed approach, not explaining a whole lot and just showing off little bits and pieces (some of which were cool, some of which seemed really convoluted and not-fun).

It's still definitely on my radar but I'm not as wowed now that I've seen a bit of the gameplay flow (or not seen it?).

Don't know why everyone is shocked about January, isn't there always a gap in content from the end of November till January with the exception of the GOY podcast/videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom