• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany

Banned
Those aren't bullet points.

edit: You guys are silly, those are way better than cubicles, but man another month 1/2 until they're up and running that's crazy. Hopefully they do some other types of videos in the meantime.

Just them streaming straight from xbone or psn would be enough. I imagine they can't do the usual QL until that studio is done being built.

Zoggy

jeff winning trending gamer would be hilarious. even more than "yoshi's biggest fan" being called jeff gerstmann on that speedrun videogame stream

AcridMeat

Banned
Someone said Jeff nailed the head on MCC this week on the bombcast, I'm listening through now and I absolutely agree. It's amazing how well he made his point.
Don't know why everyone is shocked about January, isn't there always a gap in content from the end of November till January with the exception of the GOY podcast/videos.
But in this case the holidays aren't the sole reason Alex/Vinny can't produce the videos they want to.
Just them streaming straight from xbone or psn would be enough. I imagine they can't do the usual QL until that studio is done being built.
They've got those handicams it'd be awesome if they would venture out to an arcade in Manhattan and interview the owner like they did that local game store. Maybe even Coney Island.
:(

You've shamed me into learning how to make an unordered list on GAF.
Now that's nifty.

Ok I'm gonna ask a dumb question about AMERICA again. When people talk about having "cable TV" is that merely a reference to having paid subscription to a TV service instead of receiving a minimum set of free channels, or do you only receive TV via a cable (rather than antenna) if you have such service?

We always had (and I still have) "cable TV" in the sense that we received the regular TV signal via cable which made it more reliable, but that didn't include any additional channels or anything. And most people I knew who had additional paid channels actually had satellite for that. Now in the digital TV era you can have those channels via any transmission medium.

popo

Most big cities can get network channels over the air. Then you have basic cable that you pay for, usually as a package, and premium channels that cost extra. These being a literal cable coming in to the house. You can also get "cable" channels through a dish but it is a lot less popular than in europe etc.

justjim89

Jesus, This War of Mine is bleak as hell, but the game is pretty engaging. Really hope Drew keeps playing it and maybe some of the other duders. It's like Papers, Please without the laughter and slightly less repetition of gameplay.

Don't think anyone's shocked, really.

Well I guess it just makes sense from my point of view to not expect content in December since they are going to SF. The 1st 2 weeks in December is the GOTY content, then the usual 2 week vacation. Then boom its January.

Mully

Jesus, This War of Mine is bleak as hell, but the game is pretty engaging. Really hope Drew keeps playing it and maybe some of the other duders. It's like Papers, Please without the laughter and slightly less repetition of gameplay.

Played War of Mine at PAX East and Prime. It's a really engaging game. It takes about 10 minutes to figure everything out, but once you get it, it's hard not to lose track of time.

The developers were really interesting to speak with. I spoke with the lead for nearly an hour on the show floor. Like the game, speaking with them made me gladly lose track of time.

Speaking of This War of Mine, based on this comment on RPS from someone who actually lived in Sarajevo the typical post-apocalyptic every man for himself behaviour presented by the game isn't necessarily how things are in an actual city under siege. There are some responses from there devs there, too, they're worth a read.

Sakwoff

Laughed out loud at the row of wooden chairs facing the wall in CBS NY's office.

That's gotta be one of the most hilariously depressing things I've seen lately. :D

Mully

Speaking of This War of Mine, based on this comment on RPS from someone who actually lived in Sarajevo the typical post-apocalyptic every man for himself behaviour presented by the game isn't necessarily how things are in an actual city under siege. There are some responses from there devs there, too, they're worth a read.

They had a number of advisers on staff. One was from Serbia. Another one was from the Ukraine. I think another one was an American veteran.

This project has really been a labor of love for them. I'm glad they're getting the recognition. I haven't played the final product, but from what I played during demos, they deserve it.

They had a number of advisers on staff. One was from Serbia. Another one was from the Ukraine. I think another one was an American veteran.

This project has really been a labor of love for them. I'm glad they're getting the recognition. I haven't played the final product, but from what I played during demos, they deserve it.

Yeah, I guess the main point is that not all situations are the same (the guys were talking about this on the QL). Either way, the game seems really cool. Not exactly my thing, but I hope they're successful with it.

That moment when there are suddenly 4 guards heading straight for drew was hilarious. Great to see him leveraging his tools to get through the issue. This episode was great.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Drew's getting it togther. Well done drew.

kiyomi

Well part 6 was a huge improvement. He made some really good progress there. Some of Raiden's quips in the codecs were absolutely perfect.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I seriously cannot imagine having a relationship with someone who is willing to watch king kong multiple times in one night.

Myggen

I seriously cannot imagine having a relationship with someone who is willing to watch king kong multiple times in one night.

The new King Kong (haven't watched the video where this is brought up yet)? That movie bored me to tears. I never thought I would get bored by King Kong fighting a dinosaur, but Peter Jackson found a way.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The new King Kong (haven't watched the video where this is brought up yet)? That movie bored me to tears. I never thought I would get bored by King Kong fighting a dinosaur, but Peter Jackson found a way.

Considering the time of MGS2 wouldn't it be the old king kong?

What if it was 70's Kong?

jeff-bridges-beard-king-kong1.png

DAT Beard!

d3.jpg

DAT pervy Kong!

LeBart

You couldn't watch the new King Kong "a bunch of times" in one night. You would be about halfway through the second viewing by the time the sun went up.

Zaph

QL: Kingdom Rush Origins

Downloaded this last night, it's way better than you'd think this type of game needs to be - some great detail and polish on even the smallest things. I'd always assumed Kingdom Rush was just another Clash of Clans bullshit designed to sell gems.

what if you watched the multiple versions of king kong and capped it off with king kong vs godzilla? I mean, i'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt that they were mixing things up.

of course, it could've just been the same movie playing on a loop while they engaged in some, um, lightning bolt action

Mully

what if you watched the multiple versions of king kong and capped it off with king kong vs godzilla? I mean, i'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt that they were mixing things up.

of course, it could've just been the same movie playing on a loop while they engaged in some, um, lightning bolt action

All of the King Kongs (30's, 70's, 00's) + King of Kong, and Godzilla vs. King Kong would be monster movie suicide.

All them hot beats.

Plus I dont think they had VR training for that so hes SOL.

Patryn

Patrick seems impressed with Bayonetta 2. I think it's shooting up the charts for GOTY.

So now it's Dan, Alex and Patrick who have played it, correct? We may be approaching critical mass towards a dark horse GOTY candidate.

Morts

Episode 5 of MGS2 was hard to watch. It was difficult to believe Drew isn't just doing these out of obligation now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom