• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine not everyone will be on the podcast but the dumb videos will be glorious.

Plus we'll get to see Vinny Drew and Jason form Video Voltron.

I really hope everyones there. After the boring Goty podcast last year, I need some 7 person craziness with alliances and filibusters all around.

This episode of MGS was such an improvement. Nice going, Drew. Hopefully we'll see episode 7 tomorrow, keep this energy going.

Couldn't agree more. I feel like everything clicked this time, like 100%.

One thing that surprised me, I didn't realize the Colonel basically spells out the Fortune fight for the player.

Couldn't agree more. I feel like everything clicked this time, like 100%.

One thing that surprised me, I didn't realize the Colonel basically spells out the Fortune fight for the player.

If you message the colonel enough times in either MGS1 or 2, he'll eventually get to the point of telling you what you need to do and give you different strategies for it. It's basically easy mode, so one should only rely on it if you're having a lot of trouble figuring a boss out.

That said, it's good that dan is getting drew used to contacting the colonel again whenever he's wondering what to do. that's closer to the way that most people played the game and a good call on his end.

sixghost

Sorry to ask a dumb question in here, but what is the PS2/PS3 game situation like on the PS4 right now? I thought I remembered Sony saying stuff about supporting backwards compatibility through Gaikai back at E3 last year. Did that ever happen?

Sorry to ask a dumb question in here, but what is the PS2/PS3 game situation like on the PS4 right now? I thought I remembered Sony saying stuff about supporting backwards compatibility through Gaikai back at E3 last year. Did that ever happen?

there are some PS3 games that you can rent over PSNow to stream to the PS4/PS3/Vita but there is no native support on the PS4 for PSX/PS2/PS3 games and no sign that they're working on getting any of those up and running.

Brashnir

Playstation Now is a thing. Look it up. It's not backwards compatibility so much as renting you the things you already own.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
wait, didn't Smash Bros. come out today? any idea why there isn't any coverage on the site?

Mully

Yeah, I guess the main point is that not all situations are the same (the guys were talking about this on the QL). Either way, the game seems really cool. Not exactly my thing, but I hope they're successful with it.

Also I forgot to add, the photos of the characters are people that helped out during the development. For instance Bruno is the lead developer.

Zaph

TSzfvou.png

you can't argue with a straight face that you want to see them play smash and then be upset that they're playing the jackbox. If you ask me, they've given too much UPF coverage to both things already

Deadstar

I just want to see Jeff shit on smash again.

It's weird to me how Jeff doesn't seem to understand smash since he does like fighting games. You can certainly mash buttons when playing smash but anyone who knows what they're doing can destroy someone who doesn't. You have to really learn your character, what all the moves do and when to use each of them.

By the way....where is the smash quick look.

I don't have any issues with that UPF idea, but my worry is that I plan on getting Fibbage at some point and every time they play it I learn more answers to the questions, and there's not many questions in the first place. There's also a high chance they run into repeats which can be pretty boring unless they forgot the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom