• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyrmellon

I feel like Jeff is in total panic mode because he feels he needs to do another one and Drew is the only one there. Shit happens, it's okay. Do the livestream and relax. We can go one week without (although I bet he gets a bunch of angry messages if he doesn't try to do another one).

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Id take a really short podcast so we could still have a stream tomorrow (And MGS tonight)

The long pre holiday streams with classic games are the best.

daydream

Banned
I feel like Jeff is in total panic mode because he feels he needs to do another one and Drew is the only one there. Shit happens, it's okay. Do the livestream and relax. We can go one week without (although I bet he gets a bunch of angry messages if he doesn't try to do another one).

They should do one where they read all the angry letters they get sent.

But yeah, they're not letting it go. Dat bombcast creed

hwy_61

Banned

I wonder is its any different now that they have ads on the show. Maybe they have some sort of contractual obligation to read this ads? I don't know, just shooting shit out of my ass.

Megasoum

Banned
Matthew Rorie
‏@frailgesture
@jeffgerstmann let me take a look tomorrow morning.

Puppies to the rescue!

I agree with you but it's really not that simple. The Bombcast is the thing that has the most traffic on the site and they have ads contracts now so you can't skip them.

bananas

Banned
Wasn't this the all email episode?

They could just do another 1-2 hours of new emails and add it on the the original 37 minutes.

Corgi

Banned
whynotboth

livestream of them answering letters.

also help. near the end of mgs2 myself, and up to watching eps 10 (
sis just died
)

should i beat the game first... or watch the finale first than beat it. hmmmm.

whynotboth

livestream of them answering letters.

also help. near the end of mgs2 myself, and up to watching eps 10 (
sis just died
)

should i beat the game first... or watch the finale first than beat it. hmmmm.

Hmm...Go through it first. Have you played it before? If you haven't played it before and are in the dark about the final chapter, play through it. If you have played through it before...play through it again.

Trust me, the reaction to the events is something you yourself have to witness, and it gives you that expectation of how Drew will react.

hamchan

The Bombcast NEVER misses a week.

Corgi

Banned
Hmm...Go through it first. Have you played it before? If you haven't played it before and are in the dark about the final chapter, play through it. If you have played through it before...play through it again.

Trust me, the reaction to the events is something you yourself have to witness, and it gives you that expectation of how Drew will react.

how long will that take? Got work tomorrow and its already 11pm.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
Sounds like Jason doesn't have an official schedule for the MGS episodes, but I'd be shocked if they weren't up by the new year.

Also, I won't be able to be on the replacement podcast since I fly out tomorrow morning :(

Megasoum

Banned
Jeff GerstmannVerified account
‏@jeffgerstmann
OK, I’m going to pull together the three different things I had planned into one live thing tomorrow starting at noon.

‏@jeffgerstmann
It’ll be one part Q&A podcast, a Jar Time-like thing, and at the end we’ll play a few games. Action elfin’ packed.

‏@jeffgerstmann
Send in some fresh questions to the podcast email address and I”ll try to take as many as I can tomorrow. Thanks.

Xyrmellon

Sounds like Jason doesn't have an official schedule for the MGS episodes, but I'd be shocked if they weren't up by the new year.

Also, I won't be able to be on the replacement podcast since I fly out tomorrow morning :(

If you guys do another one, please call in and do it from the airport, or even better, mid flight.

Sent in my question....which I was asked during an actual interview today. Good luck to the live-streaming duders.

Also, getting software purchases through a company like CBSi is, from a tangential reference, surely a freaking nightmare. Freeware, FTW.

I just dont understand how you spend tens of thousands of dollars on audio equipment and then use run it all though Audacity.

Its like buying a Ferrari and replacing the engine with the one from your dads old Volvo.#

It would be live if Vinny and Jason started editing the videos in Windows Movie Maker.

Xeteh

I feel bad for Jeff, that has be frustrating as all hell to record all that and realize its screwed up. Hopefully Rorie can salvage it, if at all possible. .

I was re-listening to last year's GOTY bombcasts.

I still can't believe Brad pulled for AC4 in the top 10 only playing a few hours, and then had the audacity to say that GTAV has boring mission design "drive here, press button, drive back"

like what. NEVER FORGET

Xyrmellon

I was re-listening to last year's GOTY bombcasts.

I still can't believe Brad pulled for AC4 in the top 10 only playing a few hours, and then had the audacity to say that GTAV has boring mission design "drive here, press button, drive back"

like what. NEVER FORGET

I thought you were describing Destiny.

‏@jeffgerstmann
OK, I’m going to pull together the three different things I had planned into one live thing tomorrow starting at noon.

‏@jeffgerstmann
It’ll be one part Q&A podcast, a Jar Time-like thing, and at the end we’ll play a few games. Action elfin’ packed.

‏@jeffgerstmann
Send in some fresh questions to the podcast email address and I”ll try to take as many as I can tomorrow. Thanks.

It's a Festivus miracle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom