• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
after reading the wiki page on honorifics i have come to the conclusion that it shouldn't be fridge kun

it should be fridge daitōryō or fridge jukeisha

maybe fridge tono

after reading the wiki page on honorifics i have come to the conclusion that it shouldn't be fridge kun

maybe fridge tono

Doesn't fridge-jukeisha imply that we're keeping the fridge captive?

I'm not sure I can vouch for this treatment of fridge-kun.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I gotta get around to finishing Peace Walker one day. I think ive played through the first 5 missions like 3 different times.

maybe fridge tono

From what I understand, -tono is largely used sarcastically these days.

I'd say Fridge-hakase, but I don't think we can vouch for its educational status.

-kun works for me. he's our buddy.

Doesn't fridge-jukeisha imply that we're keeping the fridge captive?

I'm not sure I can vouch for this treatment of fridge-kun.

ahaha I had to look that one up. what's wrong with you steve?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
santa please bring me mgscanlon episode 12 for christmas eve eve

I fucked up...

bYgLIH6.png

I think I am going to have to spend 2 hours exercising to feel good.

I came home from work expecting to drink a few beers and watch Drew lose his mind in MGS2. Tuesday right. Right guys?

I bought Dark Souls because he fixed it. It's definitely a shame that his work is sometimes required for broke ass PC games. If some developers put in more effort towards PC ports, Durante and the work of others wouldn't be required. God damn it Bamco I was starting to like you because you localize the strangest games that I want.

TraBuch

Banned
Stupid question, but where did Ryan's Summer Jams come from? Was it discussed in a podcast or something? Did he post about it on the forums?

Hey guys, I'm trying Firefox on my macbook and HTML5 doesn't seem to work. I don't get that option when logged in Giant Bomb and going to a video.

justjim89

Can anyone use the wizardry used on recent MGS vids to reveal what the full image is behind GOTY Day One in the schedule? Would probably be a big hint towards the theme.

Zebetite

Banned
I'm replaying MGS3 to warm myself up for next year's series.

I swear, this briefing cutscene for Operation Snake Eater is going to be an entire episode.

Let's hope they put it on the schedule after they're done recording the Bombcast!

Oh god I hope so. I want to see how it CHANGES Drew.

Hey guys, I'm trying Firefox on my macbook and HTML5 doesn't seem to work. I don't get that option when logged in Giant Bomb and going to a video.

I'm slightly one step ahead of you. I get the HTML5 option in Firefox, which I use as my primary browser, but it never plays if I choose HTML5. Chrome has become my Youtube and Giant Bomb video player and sometimes Google docs for some school work and is used for nothing else.

Please skip peace walker. The worst mgs game after portable ops.

It's far from one of my favorite MGS games, but it has some appeal...I think the grinding structure of it doesn't quite fit MGS as much.

Problem is it is canon, and Ground Zeroes plays heavily with the story of Peace Walker, so I don't know how anyone could skip it.

I was always put off by the exclamation-mark-as-i thing, but maybe I should give those games a shot.

yeah I mean obviously the gameplay is pretty different from the main games, but the rest is Metal Gear as heeeellllllll.

Also as someone who likes both CCGs and tactics games, making a MGS themed hybrid? best idea ever.

Both Ac!d games are great,
they're better than portable ops

Fite me

100% backed

I'm slightly one step ahead of you. I get the HTML5 option in Firefox, which I use as my primary browser, but it never plays if I choose HTML5. Chrome has become my Youtube and Giant Bomb video player and sometimes Google docs for some school work and is used for nothing else.

Yeah, I think you're gonna have to use Chrome for that.

Well, apparently the problem is that the H.264 codec for Firefox Mac has not been implemented yet. They say they have it planned for Firefox 35, but they have said that for previous versions as well, so who knows if it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom