• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volotaire

you have to pick "Fridge-kun" as the option and they'll show up

tumblr_lp0vc29TGP1qhnetpo1_500.gif

How can we see the votes?

You can't.

I'm currently suffering from Metal Gear Scanlon withdrawal. That on top of my girlfriend leaving tomorrow makes me really lost at the moment. I don't know what to do.

I'm currently suffering from Metal Gear Scanlon withdrawal. That on top of my girlfriend leaving tomorrow makes me really lost at the moment. I don't know what to do.

It's not even on the "Coming Up on Giant Bomb" list. Why the fuck isn't it showing up? Are we gonna have to wait till all the GOTY stuff is over before it will finish?!

Myggen

It's not even on the "Coming Up on Giant Bomb" list. Why the fuck isn't it showing up? Are we gonna have to wait till all the GOTY stuff is over before it will finish?!

No, Drew said on UPF that it'll be up before the GOTY stuff starts. The next episode will probably be up tomorrow or Wednesday.

Megasoum

Banned
Hey guys... I just tried to watch Blade Runner for the first time and got borred to death 30min in... So I just switched to Passenger 57 instead, you know...classics lol

justjim89

What do you think the gimmick for this year's GOTY will be? With everyone there and, from the sound of it, a busy shooting and editing schedule, it's surely more involved than last year's gaming TV shows through the ages. With Dan involved I'm hoping for something involving Metal Gear or wrestling.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
@jeffgerstmann 6:58 PM
Losing a podcast mid-recording and having to start over wasn’t exactly how I expected to spend the next 36 hours, but hey, it happens.

rip

daydream

Banned
Voted for Dan. He brings us great content and doesn't shy away from proper interaction with the GB audience, so.. thanks Dan!

Ian would have been my second choice. Trooper of the year.

Third place goes to Fridge-kun because it's awesome that we made that happen.

Honorable mentions: Danny, Mary, Drew, Tharp

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

That sucks. I'm looking forward to this week's cast. This week's Unprofessional Fridays was great. I thought it was kind of hilarious knowing they mixed Surge with a domestic beer?

I also picked up Garou: Mark of the Wolves on XBL. I find it interesting the first person I enjoy playing as is Grant. I wonder if Jeff Gerstmann still plays his copy or if he sold it. I am very fond of Terry Bogard though. I grew up with him beyond what Cody is to some people.

I may be able to salvage the first 37 minutes of it, though, so perhaps I’ll run that at some point. The three hours after that? Yeah, gone.

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/547225720825466880

37 minutes is still a good amount of time. It's not 3 hours, but it's still pretty good.

now they have a chance to fact check all of the mistakes and false assumptions they made in the previous recording and really up the professionalism of this audio program

hwy_61

Banned
I've watched that critical closeup video on MGS2 about 3 times now since it was linked on this thread yesterday. The layers in MGS2 are staggering.

I've watched that critical closeup video on MGS2 about 3 times now since it was linked on this thread yesterday. The layers in MGS2 are staggering.

Apparently we've gone down different paths as I've now watched DSP sucking at video games thanks to the links in this thread. How can one person be so bad at games?

Give us the two remaining MGScanlons as compensation.

I'd settle for Dans Kooking Korner

Megasoum

Banned
Jeff GerstmannVerified account
‏@jeffgerstmann
.@Tehman Probably no stream tomorrow, need to record a replacement podcast.

That's unfortunate. We are getting 11-12 hours of podcast this week though. Can't that just record a super short Bombcast? Then again, I do like the long email Bombcasts.

FluxWaveZ

Well....good things can still come from it.

Anyone else been following them long enough to remember 2008 when they lost a podcast?

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/giant-bombcast-12-09-2008/1600-55/

Classic bombcast.

Yep, I do vaguely recall that one. Still, losing original moments sucks, especially when it comes at the cost of an extra stream.

I was also thinking of the Endurance Run episode they almost lost, which gave us a behind the scenes video of the P4ER.

daydream

Banned
Jeff GerstmannVerified account
‏@jeffgerstmann
.@Tehman Probably no stream tomorrow, need to record a replacement podcast.

That's so unfortunate. GB's end-of-the-year stream is an integral part of my holidays and I've been looking forward to it all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom