• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmugFox

Use whenever deemed necessary

f7o5Jmr.png

well now that there is MGS4 and Rising this theory is probably debunked, but I do wonder if anyone thought the whole game was an actual simulation and not just 'live exercise'. Or at least some part until the end.

Like all the transitions between rooms in Arsenal just feels 'off'.

And the ending where the people are just walking in slowmo around, and rose randomly showing up there for no reason... everything just feels weird.

hmmmm.

btw: what was that comment from Johnson about that Raiden was a guy which means he wasn't part of the patriots? Was there another gal for the patriots that looks like raiden?
It's Hideo Kojima. If it literally took place in a vr simulation, we'd get a 30 minute speech explaining it. Can't imagine he would leave something like that to interpretation given how he tells a story.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
No, the simulation part is actually pretty well established in mgs2, it's just that kojima had to retcon it because he needed to make a sequel to that story.

xanavi

Okay, so.

This analysis fits the game pretty well but now I just feel guilty for looking forward to MGSV.

Maybe MGSV will be about a man that is forced to keep doing something he doesn't want to do but ultimately doesn't put up any real resistance because he secretly really likes the freedom and comfort it provides.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I bought and started playing MGS3 on 3DS. It seems surprisingly fine, so far. I picked up the weird ABXY->dpad controls almost instantly. But I've always had a high tolerance for weird control schemes, I guess.

Bacon

I made the mistake of looking at how many times I've posted in this thread and now I feel weird. It looks like I've gone for quantity over quality because I can't remember anything of substance that I've posted in here.

Megasoum

Banned
I made the mistake of looking at how many times I've posted in this thread and now I feel weird. It looks like I've gone for quantity over quality because I can't remember anything of substance that I've posted in here.

Hey, I'm making the top 10 right now! Woohoo lol

Myggen

Dude, join the club ;)

Zebetite

Banned
This analysis fits the game pretty well but now I just feel guilty for looking forward to MGSV.

Maybe MGSV will be about a man that is forced to keep doing something he doesn't want to do but ultimately doesn't put up any real resistance because he secretly really likes the freedom and comfort it provides.

If it's any consolation, he seems to enjoy making MGS games a lot more these days. I'd say MGS2 freed him up to do some weirder stuff with the games without feeling so beholden to MGS1 in particular.

In case anyone's wondering what this year's GOTY slides are going to look like:

2711347-day01recap.jpg

Anastasia

It was really fun watching them finish MGS2. I know it's a polarizing game, but it's still my favorite game of all time.

Also, Happy Holidays to everyone! May they be filled with joy
and scissors.

Welp, Metal Gear Scanlon just sold me a copy of Metal Gear Solid V. That ending changed my opinion of MGS to "crazy bullshit that's fun to watch Drew play" to "crazy-but-actually-pretty-clever bullshit that I am way into." Now I just need them to get through 3 and 4 because I don't own a PS3 to play them on.

Welp, Metal Gear Scanlon just sold me a copy of Metal Gear Solid V. That ending changed my opinion of MGS to "crazy bullshit that's fun to watch Drew play" to "crazy-but-actually-pretty-clever bullshit that I am way into." Now I just need them to get through 3 and 4 because I don't own a PS3 to play them on.

Yeah, this series basically made Ground Zeroes a day one buy for me when it came out for PC. I had never really properly appreciated the series. I played MGS4 a tiny bit and didn't really "get" stealth games at the time. Now I have to give it another go.

Edit:

Dan Ryckert Forever

LiK

Yeah, this series basically made Ground Zeroes a day one buy for me when it came out for PC. I had never really properly appreciated the series. I played MGS4 a tiny bit and didn't really "get" stealth games at the time. Now I have to give it another go.

Edit:

Dan Ryckert Forever

Dan is keeping American Flag companies in business

Edit:

Dan Ryckert Forever

Yeesh. Dan has good genes.

ultron87

I played Drawful from the Jack Party Box tonight with my family and friends basically entirely because of GB showing it on UPF. It was quite wonderful.

Anjin M

I'm sure someone has said this already, so if so I'm gonna repeat it. The five guest top 10 articles going up on Friday are from: Rich Gallup and Ben Coello (one list), Olly Moss, Baz McMahon, Brad Muir, and Cara Ellison (long live the Live Bomb chrome extension). Alex said that there'll be 30 lists in total.
I looked up Live Bomb on Google. It suggested Unexploded Ordinance. Google is the best.

EDIT:
Dan Ryckert Forever
This picture wouldn't be nearly as good without the beard.

I played Drawful from the Jack Party Box tonight with my family and friends basically entirely because of GB showing it on UPF. It was quite wonderful.

Ha. Same. Except did a trial run tonight with my wife and mom. Tomorrow taking to my brothers for the full 8 person extravaganza.

Drawful and fibbage are both top tier. YDKJ we're saving for having friends over other times. Word Spud and the lie game would be ok for being well into an evening.

fleck0

Ha. Same. Except did a trial run tonight with my wife and mom. Tomorrow taking to my brothers for the full 8 person extravaganza.

Drawful and fibbage are both top tier. YDKJ we're saving for having friends over other times. Word Spud and the lie game would be ok for being well into an evening.

Yeah GB sold me a copy for my family's get together as well. So far the non-gaming family members I tested it on love Fibbage and had a lot of fun with Drawful too. Really excited to get to play some full capacity games.

Xeteh

catching up to UPF. the Mount Your Friends segment with the entire crew is damn good, lol

The end of it is so brilliant. Dan is seriously a fantastic human being.

Yeah GB sold me a copy for my family's get together as well. So far the non-gaming family members I tested it on love Fibbage and had a lot of fun with Drawful too. Really excited to get to play some full capacity games.

Yeah, I first saw Fibbage on GB and got it right before Thanksgiving to play with my family. It was pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom