• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

In the past I've always watched the videos and read the writeups, then I listen to the podcast. Mostly because it's usually the longest GOTY content and I like to listen to podcasts later in the day. Even though you lose the suspense of knowing what wins, it's kinda fun to see the twists and turns the deliberations take before landing on the winner.

I might change it up this year and listen to the podcast first.

i do that often. i like knowing the winners then hearing how they got there. it's fun both ways.

Megasoum

Banned
Re-watching the end of the COD Breaking Brad and it still warms my heart to see the shot of all his friends cheering him from the studio couch. They stuck around for like 4 hours to support him.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
My mom on Mario Party Party:

"How old are these guys?

Are they getting paid for this?

Why aren't you doing this?

They curse too often. Their moms must not watch these.

I like the guy in the Vu-Tang shirt.

The guy with the shaved head is pretty mean to the talkative guy".

My mom. Ageless wisdom.

LiK

"How old are these guys?

My mom. Ageless wisdom.

kinda cute your mom is actually watching it lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Re-watching the end of the COD Breaking Brad and it still warms my heart to see the shot of all his friends cheering him from the studio couch. They stuck around for like 4 hours to support him.

You weren't there the day of Team Brad?

Well, I was.

I was.

2351361-tumblr_maljyav1dh1r9zdybo1_500.png

Ketch

Man, it's still kinda jarring to hear Ryan's voice.

Said Mr Negative.

Anyway! Top 10 GB moments 2014:

I think these are the top 7, the order might be questionable:
1. Unprofessional Friday 08/08/2014 - Jeff learns how to play POGs
2. Giant Bomb vs. a Rollercoaster
3. Mario Party Party - Drew steals Brad's coins
4. Vinnievania: Simon's Quest part 1 - Barkerville
5. Mario Party Party 2 - Jeff vs Dan jump rope minigame
6. Quick Look: Velvet Sundown - Fuck Boyle
7. Vinny bought bot colony. Now what? - "Put the pepper grinder down!"

Not sure about the rest though, maybe:
8. Some mount your friends moment
9. Some gang beasts moment
10. Some metal gear Scanlon moment - Maybe the Nikita missile suicide? It's my favorite

They're all premium except for the velvet sundown quicklook.

Didn't even think of all the E3 crap, or PAX stuff. Also, this video from Summer Games Done Quick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5DiKtHTWSU&index=8&list=UUr5F2ScU7YbLnDRHw0-KtSQ It's so good, but it's not made by GB.

edit: it's sooooo good. right up there with pogs.

Rainmaker

Banned
Great year for Giant Bomb but I like every year. My number one moment comes from the 2/14/2014 UPF with Brad, Jeff, and the teabag on the floor.

"How old are these guys?

My mom. Ageless wisdom.

my mom on whatever Giant Bomb thing i happened to be watching at the time

"what is this, is this a movie

oh its a game

why aren't you playing"

weebey08p46.png

hamchan

Anyone remember how large Jeff's TV is and how far he sits away from it? I'm buying a new TV soon, scared it might be too big, but I remember Jeff sits real close and is still fine with it.

Anyone remember how large Jeff's TV is and how far he sits away from it? I'm buying a new TV soon, scared it might be too big, but I remember Jeff sits real close and is still fine with it.

Just makes it seem even bigger man. Used to have my 55inch in a small room with a couch, sat maybe 3 feet away from it. Biggest shit ever.

Now that it's in the living room of my new house, it looks tiny.

Darklord

Banned
Decided buy to Metal Gear Rising after all of the MGS stuff on Giantbomb. Will it spoil much from the core series? I'm glad they're playing it because I was never going to try and get into that series starting at PS1 at this point. If they finish the series I'm buying MGS5.

strafer

Best moment is Vinny playing Sleepy Dogs.

Drew playing the combat simulator game.

jeff has too many great moments.

Brad when he plays Dark Souls.

Decided buy to Metal Gear Rising after all of the MGS stuff on Giantbomb. Will it spoil much from the core series? I'm glad they're playing it because I was never going to try and get into that series starting at PS1 at this point. If they finish the series I'm buying MGS5.

It will spoil what happens to Raiden in MGS4, but I don't recall it directly dealing with too much else that I'd call a spoiler.

jgminto

It spoils 4.

Myggen

In the past I've always watched the videos and read the writeups, then I listen to the podcast. Mostly because it's usually the longest GOTY content and I like to listen to podcasts later in the day. Even though you lose the suspense of knowing what wins, it's kinda fun to see the twists and turns the deliberations take before landing on the winner.

I might change it up this year and listen to the podcast first.

Yeah, if you've got the time, starting with the podcast is always the way to go.

edit: Some more MGScanlon stats

Alucrid

Banned
I'll spoil you on good gameplay

Metal Gear Rising spoils all of the Metal Gear Solid series by being better than every Metal Gear Solid game. You can't go back home.

This opinion is only true if all other metal gear solid games did not exist.
I admit if you like character action games then maybe you could put it above 2.

Myggen

Was listening to some classic bombcast (god bless you guys that put them up) and I came across a funny clip of Ryan + Jeff shitting on Dan's music career.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x_RP9X775sU

I never knew the backstory to this until now (first time a YT comment has been useful):

What happened was that Dan reviewed the movie "noobz" and said it was the worst film he had ever seen and then the director of the movie went on twitter and talked a bunch of shit about Dan and called him a failed musician even though he was never a musician.

Hopefully that cleared shit up 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom