• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volotaire

Ravaged: Giant Bomb Quick Look

2478874-ravaged+helicopter.gif

So good

daydream

Banned
I will say one thing about Metal Gear Scanlon - it'd be nice if there was another ongoing Let's Play series GB was doing that it could alternate with.

Maybe Vinny and Alex, or Alex/Vinny and Cara new person can start something next year.

Ketch

Definitely in the top 5 giantbomb moments for me.

This is what we need! The NeoGAF Community Thread Top 10 Giant Bomb moments of 2014.

I nominate:

-Drew trying so hard to line up the jackpot on Mario Party to steal stars.
-Dan tricking everyone into picking his fbbage answer after accidentally giving the real answer away.
-Drew killing himself with the nakita in MGScanlon
-The first time shit goes beyond light speed in Lethal League
-Jeff winning "#1 in our hearts"
-Vinny proclaiming "This is the kind of room Rorie would live in".. when it's like an apartment in a drug den.
-Barkerville
-Brad's third leg joke

there's more but I digress

This is what we need! The NeoGAF Community Thread Top 10 Giant Bomb moments of 2014.
"
-Vinny proclaiming "This is the kind of room Rorie would live in".. when it's like an apartment in a drug den.
It was an empty room with nothing but a chair and a tv and that line completely killed me.

Man I need some new vinny content soon

The Dan vs Jeff jump rope in Mario Party 2 was also really great. There's been a ton of hilarious moments this year. The pog fight, Dan hating on Boyle in Velvet Sundown, incredibly drunk Dave Lang at GDC, and many more.

Ketch

When was that?

It's in the Majestic Night's Quick Look: http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-majestic-nights-chapter-one/2300-9656/

I also nominate the twist ending to the 2nd round of Avalon during Giant Bomb Unplugged. Also, the Ian, Danny, Alexis 24hr live stream from earlier in the year... some good stuff there, lifeguard. trial version?, and whatever that terrible 3rd person shooter was.

The Dan vs Jeff jump rope in Mario Party 2 was also really great. There's been a ton of hilarious moments this year. The pog fight, Dan hating on Boyle in Velvet Sundown, incredibly drunk Dave Lang at GDC, and many more.

Ok, the Pogs moment definitely goes on the list. The Alexis oculus gag was great but it's from like a year and a half ago.

Myggen

Jeff and Dan watching the Outlaw Golf 2 intro was pretty great.

Dan's last run on the roller coaster with the epic music playing, Dan looking like he's about to die.

- When Jimmy puts the pepper grinder on top of the coffee maker and Vinny screams
- Drew stealing Brad's stars in Mario Party Party
- Jeff and Dan jumping rope in Mario Party Party 2
- Dan falling in the last Mount Your Friends match
- Jeff stealing all of Dan's Pogs
- Don Bradman's head
- The entirety of Velvet Sundown
- Vinny's plumbing story
- Giant Bomb vs. The Roller Coaster
- When everyone collectively realized the beauty of Gang Beasts

He's called vamp because he's gay, and was in a relationship with Fortunes father. Looking up the definition of Vamp-
noun
a seductive woman who uses her sensuality to exploit men.

So....I guess?
He's bisexual, a recurring trope for MGS villains. Vampires in literature have been known to represent bisexuality.

The pog one wins for me. Mario Party jump rope is close. Basically anything Jeff vs Dan will turn out well

Such a great moment.

The look on Dan's face and everything else following that (the American Gladiators music, Tim Turi and Brad trolling him, Jeff's indifference) just made it godlike

Myggen

Dan falling in Mount Your Friends (UPF with the whole GB crew) must be up there too. Also, Brad climbing to the top of the level in the Gang Beasts Unfinished ("TRIUMPH OF THE HUMAN SPIRIT!").

guys. pogs was probably the best.

2668307-first.gif

That explosion is so perfectly timed.

daydream

Banned
Roughly 16h left till GOTY time.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Jeff said during the Tuesday stream that people voted for the big 2014 titles to be revisited in their GOTY videos. Colossal letdown if true. They should have limited the vote to games that hadn't received any video coverage. If they end up looking at Dragon Age & company again, that would be such a missed opportunity. Let's hope the GB community was smarter than that.

Any chance Dan reads this thread?

Also I think it would be interesting for them to start mgs3 and use the snake eater style overhead camera and see how drew takes to it..

Maybe see if he gets through the virtuous mission without complaining and then during operation snake eater switch to the subsistence camera?

Since he just played two games with the overhead maybe he wouldn't complain too much?

hamchan

Also I think it would be interesting for them to start mgs3 and use the snake eater style overhead camera and see how drew takes to it..

Maybe see if he gets through the virtuous mission without complaining and then during operation snake eater switch to the subsistence camera?

Since he just played two games with the overhead maybe he wouldn't complain too much?

Nah, just go with the camera most people agree is superior.

LiK

Dan is here.

Myggen

Roughly 16h left till GOTY time.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Jeff said during the Tuesday stream that people voted for the big 2014 titles to be revisited in their GOTY videos. Colossal letdown if true. They should have limited the vote to games that hadn't received any video coverage. If they end up looking at Dragon Age & company again, that would be such a missed opportunity. Let's hope the GB community was smarter than that.

Popularity contests always ends up like that, it sucks. I'm not surprised at all. People never think of what will make a good video when voting for things like that, just what games they personally enjoy.

He reads and posts in this thread. Hopefully not in his vacation though!

Volotaire

The whole crew reads and posts in this thread except Drew, Jason and Alex (I think). Even Danny from time to time . Also, I hope they don't use the overhead camera. Drew is already frustrated enough at some of the controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom