• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I predict MGS3 will be at least as difficult for Drew as the last two games. As we have seen, he's not great at remembering MGS' admittedly arcane control schemes, and the CQC controls in 3 are some of the most bizarre shit ever. I also expect a lot of futzing around with camo. The camo interface sucks balls, they really should've put it on triggers like weapons/items. Also the bosses can be pretty tricky. I think The End will take at least an hour. The Fear should be fun to watch.

Overall I'm really looking forward to it because I looooooooove MGS3.

The camo thing never bothered me. If I I could be 5% better I didn't bother changing. Seems like the people who absolutely had to have perfect camo ruined the gameplay for themselves by constantly changing camo. The game is designed so that you survey the area when you enter it, decide what camo to use, and then go through it-- if your camo index gets way out of whack, you can change it in a pinch, but its not meant to be micro managed (which is why its buried under a few menus).

They probably should've restricted it so that you can only change camo when standing and when not close to enemies.

Volotaire

The camo thing never bothered me. If I I could be 5% better I didn't bother changing. Seems like the people who absolutely had to have perfect camo ruined the gameplay for themselves by constantly changing camo. The game is designed so that you survey the area when you enter it, decide what camo to use, and then go through it-- if your camo index gets way out of whack, you can change it in a pinch, but its not meant to be micro managed (which is why its buried under a few menus).

They probably should've restricted it so that you can only change camo when standing and when not close to enemies.

I'm on the The Fury boss fight right now and
changing camo suits when you are set on fire is not fun given the amount of time it takes to change. And most times, when you change, you get caught on fire in the next split second, forcing you to change again.

Apart from that, the fight has a
strong Alien/Predator feel that I really enjoy. I love the tense feeling of creeping around the dark corners with the risk of a a fireball coming down the tunnel. I'm just simply amazed by Kojima's ability to design fantastic boss fights.
[/SPOILER]

I'm on the The Fury boss fight right now and
changing camo suits when you are set on fire is not fun given the amount of time it takes to change. And most times, when you change, you get caught on fire in the next split second, forcing you to change again.

Apart from that, the fight has a
strong Alien/Predator feel that I really enjoy. I love the tense feeling of creeping around the dark corners with the risk of a a fireball coming down the tunnel. I'm just simply amazed by Kojima's ability to design fantastic boss fights.
[/SPOILER]

Why are you changing camo during the boss fight ?

When I get set on fire, I can either roll a few times to rid of Snake burning or change Camo which can instantly puts out flames.

You should just roll. The additional amount of health you will lose is insignificant and not worth the frustration that comes along with going in the menu.

Zebetite

Banned
My understanding RE: The Fury is that you can
equip and unequip a cardboard box to immediately put out flames.
I haven't tested it extensively or anything, but I seem to recall seeing it in a speedrun of MGS3.

I feel very strongly that Drew
will shoot The End as they're wheeling him in to the building just to see if he could. He's gotten used to Kojimaisms at this point.

I feel very strongly that Drew
will shoot The End as they're wheeling him in to the building just to see if he could. He's gotten used to Kojimaisms at this point.

The End's not out there for long; a 15 second window, if that. If Drew comes to grips with the controls and picks up on it right away, he might do it. Question is whether Dan explains it right there or after the boss fight.

The End's not out there for long; a 15 second window, if that. If Drew comes to grips with the controls and picks up on it right away, he might do it. Question is whether Dan explains it right there or after the boss fight.

He should mention it after the fight.

Pomo

Regarding the End thing:
It's also possible he just straight up doesn't get the Sniper Rifle. If I remember correctly, you come to a fork in the river—one path takes you to an area where you get the SVD, the other takes you to the End's wheelchair wheelin' bit place.

If Dan really wants to be funny, he should film the segment just before The End and then pretend he doesn't have time to film for another two weeks. Just rob Drew of that Boss fight is the weirdest way possible.

Pomo

If Dan really wants to be funny, he should film the segment just before The End and then pretend he doesn't have time to film for another two weeks. Just rob Drew of that Boss fight is the weirdest way possible.

Even better,
film the segment just before the End and then fuck with the console's clock before the next play session.

Regarding the End thing:
It's also possible he just straight up doesn't get the Sniper Rifle. If I remember correctly, you come to a fork in the river—one path takes you to an area where you get the SVD, the other takes you to the End's wheelchair wheelin' bit place.

Yea, you have to go out of your way to get it so Drew could easily miss it. Plus, it's in kind of an annoying area of the game so I wouldn't blame Drew for just rushing through.

So many damn podcasts to listen to around the holidays. I have several hours worth of backlogged Comedy Bang Bang and MBMBaM to listen to, not to mention this Dan podcast and now a new Bombcast.

Bacon

So many damn podcasts to listen to around the holidays. I have several hours worth of backlogged Comedy Bang Bang and MBMBaM to listen to, not to mention this Dan podcast and now a new Bombcast.

I came here to post this exact same thing. Between This Year/CBB/Dan's Premium Cast/New Giantbombcast I'm accruing quite the backlog.

Myggen

THIS MUSIC IS DIFFERENT

SwfNTmx.jpg

Myggen

"They just yell about some factions and some mystical bullshit"

That's a preeeetty good explanation of Warframe's story, at least what I saw of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom