• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you want to talk about patrick please use the Kotaku thread. this thread is solely for discussing dan's former beard and bread's gerbils.

surprised they haven't done a QL of the Halo 4 beta yet

they looked at it on a recent UPF in youre really hankering for some video of it.

I asked about VinnyVania at the end of one of the failed PC builds (might have been the stream where Vinny announced his daughter's birth) and got a definitive yes, complete with point at camera.

I wouldn't worry about VinnyVania this year.

Whoa, when was this? I got really out of touch with GB content last year...

Bacon

Vinny is very transparent about the goings on at giantbomb. Jeff can be too but he usually relegates that to Jar time. I like when they get candid like Vinny's article today.

Brashnir

I was never anti-Patrick. His content was fine. But it was definitely the content I looked at the least. I'm excited to see GBEast grow.

It's sad to see Patrick leave, but that seems a fair trade for the type of content I tend to consume from GB--videos.

I see Patrick leaving as a win/win. The stuff I liked the most from him was stuff he did solo, which I imagine he'll still continue to do, while GB East gets another sorely-needed duder. Plus, it seems like this move was something he wanted to do, which is good for him as well.

Frenden

Banned
I see Patrick leaving as a win/win. The stuff I liked the most from him was stuff he did solo, which I imagine he'll still continue to do, while GB East gets another sorely-needed duder. Plus, it seems like this move was something he wanted to do, which is good for him as well.

Yeah. I agree with everything you said.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I see that they did Tetris Ultimate, but I hope Jeff remembers to do Puyo Puyo Tetris since he got that copy in the mail before the break.

That Jeff hated Barry Bonds (who was awesome) so much that he almost completely lost his love of baseball entirely makes me do the unthinkable: question whether Jeff is really cut out to lead the Giant Bomb Sports Team.

Pete Rose chose to be banned for life so that the results of the investigation into his betting would never be published. The steroids guys did far less to ruin the integrity of the day-to-day games being played, their fuckery comes with the sort of longevity records they were able to accomplish by maintaining their primes for longer.

So Dan needed surgery because he had too many veins in his balls.

MDPbPLb.jpg

Brashnir

I wish they would just require Roids™ in baseball, imagine how much more dope it would be if everyone was jacked up and super strong and fast.

They might as well require as many illegal things as possible while they're at it. Murder, Rape, Arson, Drunk Driving....

they already allow stealing. *ba dum tish*

Fjordson

That Jeff hated Barry Bonds (who was awesome) so much that he almost completely lost his love of baseball entirely makes me do the unthinkable: question whether Jeff is really cut out to lead the Giant Bomb Sports Team.
Damn, that's interesting. I agree that the steroids era was a low point for baseball, but it never bothered me enough to where I disliked the sport. Guys like Bonds were still phenomenal athletes.

Bonds in particular I guess I'm sort of indifferent about, despite being a Giants fan. Our greatest successes have come (way) before and after him, so that whole era feels like a lifetime ago after these last few titles. Certainly respect the talent he had, though.

Brashnir

Pete Rose chose to be banned for life so that the results of the investigation into his betting would never be published. The steroids guys did far less to ruin the integrity of the day-to-day games being played, their fuckery comes with the sort of longevity records they were able to accomplish by maintaining their primes for longer.

And the number of home runs they hit in individual seasons. It's not a coincidence that over half of the 50-HR seasons in the 130 years of baseball history happened in a 12-year span.

Fair play, Quake Wars was way better than it had any right to be. Shame it came out in 2007 in the middle of so many other fantastic shooters. Damn that year was insane.

You're right, that was the same year that also had TF2, CoD: MW and Halo 3. In a weaker year, ET:QW might have made more of a splash.

Zaph

You're right, that was the same year that also had TF2, CoD: MW and Halo 3. In a weaker year, ET:QW might have made more of a splash.

And STALKER, UT3, Crysis, Bioshock

Bonkers year.

MISTAKE! In Shadowmoon Burial Grounds, you do not fight 'Gul'dan'. You fight Ner'zhul! I cannot believe this huge mistake.
Gul'dan is in the new expansion? Haven't played in years, but I remember the epic 2 hour guild argument when Skull of Gul'dan finally dropped from Illidan and everyone wanted it.

And STALKER, UT3, Crysis, Bioshock

Bonkers year.

You're forgetting Mario Galaxy, Rock Band, Uncharted, Assassins Creed, Civ 4 Beyond the Sword, World in Conflict WoW Burning Crusade, Rogue Galaxy and Manhunt 2

So do these major release year explosions just happen by coincidence or do all these devs secretly collude to drain money out of people because holy SHIT 2007 was an abnormally great year

Zaph

I'm with team Jeff on this one.

I don't think there's any debate there. If you're applying for a job, even one involving comedy/entertainment, you still keep your resume formal as fuck.

You're forgetting Mario Galaxy, Rock Band, Uncharted, Assassins Creed, Civ 4 Beyond the Sword, World in Conflict WoW Burning Crusade, Rogue Galaxy and Manhunt 2

So do these major release year explosions just happen by coincidence or do all these devs secretly collude to drain money out of people because holy SHIT 2007 was an abnormally great year

We were referring to shooters specifically, but yeah, absolutely nutso year across the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom