• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

f0rk

I know! People have fucked up priorities. But that's what the critics say. For example, Nintendo World Report recently named it the best Zelda game because they are staffed exclusively by people with misplaced GameCube nostalgia.

Yeah cos none of the normal people buying smash have 'misplaced GameCube nostalgia'. It's just the critics

So what is your favorite Zelda?

My absolute favorite changes constantly, but my top three are Link's Awakening, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword. Bottom three are The Legend of Zelda, Phantom Hourglass, and A Link Between Worlds.

Yeah cos none of the normal people buying smash have 'misplaced GameCube nostalgia'. It's just the critics

I don't read articles and listen to podcasts by those "normal people," so their predilections are invisible to me. They probably really like the GameCube. That's fine.

My absolute favorite changes constantly, but my top three are Link's Awakening, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword. Bottom three are The Legend of Zelda, Phantom Hourglass, and A Link Between Worlds.

I don't read articles and listen to podcasts by those "normal people," so their predilections are invisible to me. They probably really like the GameCube. That's fine.

I think you're being harsh on ALBW but you're not one of those jerks who didn't get the brilliance of Skyward Sword so you're fine by me.

Erm, it has Zelda and Mario? 700 bucks is a steal to take a glimpse of the future of interactive entertainment. Just ask Rick Dyer.

zT5jZ19.png

Myggen

Man, the latest Bombcast is fantastic. Jeff's Halo: MCC rant:

1. You're Microsoft

2. This is Halo

3. Get it done

That's the three step process here!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
The Wiimote was one of the worst video games controllers ever made.

Do you mean the bog standard wii remote? Then sure, that is way too limited. Wii Remote + nunchuck is great. If it had a couple more conveniently placed buttons it would be even better. If you're talking about Wii Remote Plus + Nunchuck then you've got a really great controller that can offer an experience that isn't possible with most other controllers - and it's a compelling experience at that.

The smartest thing about the Wii Remote design was that it is modular. If you really need a "normal" control interface, you can use a Pro controller.

It's only the worst video game controller if you're willing to either limit yourself to the typical/most common types of gameplay, or limiting yourself to specifically just the Wii Remote.

GolazoDan

Reminder that the Burnout Paradise UPF that devolves into Vinny going insane and Avril Lavigne taking over is one of the best of all time.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
Yesterdays UPF was pretty fun, but I had to turn off the chat. SO many people just bitching they weren't playing Smash Brothers. Even seeing the reactions in this thread and people bitching about Brad not being into the QL.....why the hell are Smash Bros fans so insane?

Chuck

Still without luck
Yesterdays UPF was pretty fun, but I had to turn off the chat. SO many people just bitching they weren't playing Smash Brothers. Even seeing the reactions in this thread and people bitching about Brad not being into the QL.....why the hell are Smash Bros fans so insane?

I find them not being able to tolerate an hour of playing it for their viewers to be about as insane.

If nothing else I don't understand why people other than Dan continue to complain about the inclusion of Fire Emblem characters. It's one of their longest running series, has been critically acclaimed throughout, and so on. It would be weird if it didn't have proper representation.

Edit: And why does Brad complain about Shulk, the lead character of Nintendo's acclaimed new IP being in the game multiple times(Plus the "why is there so much Xenoblade in the game")? It's just weird.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
I find them not being able to tolerate an hour of playing it for their viewers to be about as insane.

Why the fuck would they play it on UPF to just appease their "viewers"? UPF is all about playing what they want to play, not what the werido fan base wants. Only Dan seems to like Smash Bros, the community needs to get the fuck over it.

Nintendo fans really are the fucking worst.

MG310

An hour of Smash Brothers with Dan and 4 people who don't like it and only 2 cans of beer left in the world.

It would have been fun but I'd prefer to save any Smash for Jeff and his thoughts on Yoshi, Koopa kids, FLUDD, etc. I'd like to see them get in an 8 player game at some point too.

Let me throw some Illumernarti shit out here for you real quick, Dan likes Smash, Jeff, Brad, Drew, Rorie, Vincent, Alex, and maybe Jason don't like it or don't have any interest in it, BY THE NUMBERS, which group is right, wake up you Smash brothers sheeple and get in the real world please. If you want to play a fighting game, why half ass it and play a Smash brothers game?

GolazoDan

If nothing else I don't understand why people other than Dan continue to complain about the inclusion of Fire Emblem characters. It's one of their longest running series, has been critically acclaimed throughout, and so on. It would be weird if it didn't have proper representation.

Edit: And why does Brad complain about Shulk, the lead character of Nintendo's acclaimed new IP being in the game multiple times(Plus the "why is there so much Xenoblade in the game")? It's just weird.
Shulk is a worthy inclusion solely for the fucking badass Xenoblade songs. I've never played that game but Gaur Plains, what a damn tune.

Wish they wouldn't dismiss the competitive Smash scene though. I don't think I ever truly enjoyed Evo until they had Melee there with that dude playing Ice Climbers and doing deadly grabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom