• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, were you doing the more global "you" as in the Smash community? My bad, I thought you were asking the people in the thread here.

Obviously I can't speak for anyone else! But I just put in a solid hour playing with friends online, and it went by quick.

Yeah I was, I kind of feel like an ass for being so aggressive about it, I understand why people like it, it's just well past the point were I care about the series.

just got to the moment and holy shit that was a master class troll.

his expression before kinda gave it away but that's for the audience to realize. The reaction from the others was all he needed.

Dares

Just posted this on Twitter but I just finished Sphere and got this:

NvRYlAJ.jpg

Damn it Dan.

justjim89

Man I really hope Drew and Dan play all the way through MGS3. If only just to see two grown men on camera experience the ending of that game, Drew for the first time. The ending and the credits song made me cry absolutely ugly tears the first two times I beat it.

That rant was great. So was the John Cena one on the WWE 2k15 QL. Ranting Jeff is the best.

When did the Cena rant occur? That whole QL seemed so down on wrestling I'd rather Dan have brought Brad in.

So just a heads up like most years, this Wednesday will probably be an unarchived live thanksgiving stream.

So hopefully GB unarchived will have the stream up on youtube when ever its possible.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Two days left for these to be redeemed, so posting them here so someone can take them. Risk of Rain humble bundle gift keys: one, and two. Should show up in email tags if you quote this post. If not, then I probably did it wrong.

So just a heads up like most years, this Wednesday will probably be an unarchived live thanksgiving stream.

So hopefully GB unarchived will have the stream up on youtube when ever its possible.

oh cool let's hope.

Zomba13

If nothing else I don't understand why people other than Dan continue to complain about the inclusion of Fire Emblem characters. It's one of their longest running series, has been critically acclaimed throughout, and so on. It would be weird if it didn't have proper representation.

Edit: And why does Brad complain about Shulk, the lead character of Nintendo's acclaimed new IP being in the game multiple times(Plus the "why is there so much Xenoblade in the game")? It's just weird.

Brad doesn't even know what a Shulk is or how to Xenoblade. He assumes that it's over used and rehashed like all of Nintendo's other IP are. If Wonder Red was a character Brad would be like "Whats with all this wonderful 101? Why can't they have characters from other franchises like more Mario characters instead of all these wonderful ones!?"

demidar

Brad doesn't even know what a Shulk is or how to Xenoblade. He assumes that it's over used and rehashed like all of Nintendo's other IP are. If Wonder Red was a character Brad would be like "Whats with all this wonderful 101? Why can't they have characters from other franchises like more Mario characters instead of all these wonderful ones!?"

That does shake my head, that's basic knowledge sort of stuff.

Reading miyazaki is going to be at the bloodborne panel at psx just reminded me that scoops should play demon souls on his personal twitch account just like when he played dark souls.

Rlan

If nothing else I don't understand why people other than Dan continue to complain about the inclusion of Fire Emblem characters. It's one of their longest running series, has been critically acclaimed throughout, and so on. It would be weird if it didn't have proper representation.

Edit: And why does Brad complain about Shulk, the lead character of Nintendo's acclaimed new IP being in the game multiple times(Plus the "why is there so much Xenoblade in the game")? It's just weird.
Shulk and the firm emblem characters are the most anime Nintendo characters, in that they are just sides with weird Hair and swords. I like fire emblem, but even in that genre of person, I would of liked an advance wars character or something.

Their nostalgia lures in characters that are weird concepts like duck hunt dog, donkey Kong, Pac man, mega man etc

Shulk did the same thing that Marth did for me back in Melee.

1. WHO?
2. Oh wow this character's really fun.
3. What game was he from?
4. Let's go play those games.

Haunted

20 minutes into the Escape Dead Island QL, Brad asks "what is this game?" and Dan answers "I don't know; it's weird".

I cannot understand this. Never having heard of this game, after 20 minutes, it was really simple to figure out what this is. It's very straightforward. There is absolutely NOTHING "weird" about this game. It's a shitty 3rd person action adventure aimed at younger people with comic stylings set in the Dead Island universe.

In what world is this cash-grabby, B-tier spinoff some unbelievable enigma, a game so strange that it cannot be figured out and properly described by two people who've been in this fucking industry for decades? C'mon guys.

Sorry about the rantiness, but some among the GB crew keep describing a lot of games in their QLs as "weird" even though a ton of them are completely bog-standard and not weird at all, because they can't be arsed to properly enunciate their thoughts on them has gotten on my nerves a couple of times now.

edit: Brad makes up for it by making an effort for two minutes and talking straight about what the game is ~27 minutes in. That's good!

edit²: that fucking main character, man. Might make it on the top 10 most unlikable main characters list.

That game deserves no recognition and is weird as fuck. I would have not blinked an eye if gb skipped over it.

Also from their comments deep silver sent this game to its death so I am not surprised if people are still wondering what the hell this game is.

Haunted

That game deserves no recognition. I would have not blinked an eye if gb skipped over it.
Now that I agree with. People were asking where all the B-tier garbage games went - that Ninja Gaiden spinoff and this one are prime examples right there. gg go next

Still waiting on that Dungeon of the Endless QL! :D Might be a GBEast joint, similar to Halfway, so we'll have to wait until they're set up (hopefully it didn't get forgotten/buried by then).

Escape Dead Island is so far removed from the previous/future Dead Island games (third-person, linear, not an RPG, comic-book looking) that it is baffling to see as the next (half-)step in that series. But yeah, it's hardly a weird game in its own right.

Xater

Such a classic jeff rant.

What did the money run out??

That line made me laugh out loud.

I mean he is kinda right. MS should be able to throw some money at the problem.

edit²: that fucking main character, man. Might make it on the top 10 most unlikable main characters list.

That main character looked like an annoying asshole right from the start to me. Some people complain about GTA V having unlikable characters, but at least they are interesting. That guy is just an annoying douche.

I still have hope for Dead Island 2. What I played at Gamescom was fun and I actually enjoyed it more than what I have played of Dying Light.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I never interpret them saying "What is this game" literally as "Never have I seen an experience similar to this before" and more as "I don't understand what the intent for this game was and why it was made."

Xater

I never interpret them saying "What is this game" literally as "Never have I seen an experience similar to this before" and more as "I don't understand what the intent for this game was and why it was made."

Same. The very existence of it is puzzling in how it relates to the franchise and why they would dilute the brand like this.

Hey Dan you know competitive Smash don't actually only play on Final Destination, riiiiiiiiiiight

Wii U game legal stage list is looking fairly decent so far, obviously play is mostly focused on FD, Battlefield and the Omega stages for now but I've seen Windy Hill, Wuhu Island, Pilotwings, the Animal Crossing stages and more thrown about as likely legal stages,

Just... any stage that isn't ridiculously big (so players can't run away/so KOs don't take forever) and doesn't hurt the player (it's player v player, not player v player v environment) is OK.

Halberd is allowed in Brawl and probably will be in Wii U, right? It has a hazard but is so easily avoided that nobody really minds.

Is Skyloft being allowed? It feels like it's like a new Isle Delfino where it does have walk offs but only temporarily enough that it doesn't really matter.

Noticed Danny confirmed on Twitter ALT F1 is ending for the year. Pity. They could have went 90% ALT in the F1 offseason. Hope it comes back in 2015, as a regular Dannycast is a great thing...

Bacon

The moment in Mario party party 2 when dan solemnly asks, "Wait, am I Apollo?" was the most I've laughed in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom