• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgminto

The true American hero

656248-america.jpg

okay this works

i'm listening to the halo rant again amd their optimism about the wednesday patch is heartbreaking

So I'm guessing it's still totally fucked? I was kind of interested in getting the collection since I've never played any Halo for longer than 10 minutes, but if the multiplayer is still in a totally shitty state, I think I'll hold off.

I don't have the game but apparently the game totally broke AGAIN a little while after the patch, matchmaking (when it works) still takes like 5 minutes to find games and teams are often totally unbalanced.

I am not shocked MCC was a bit of a mess in hindsight.

Early rumours where Halo 2 A coming this year and the other games being released though the months following.

They clearly pushed those extra games out the door before they should and the over all quality bar dropped with the extra work load and shorter time in dev.

Would love to know why drive club was such a mess though. A bit more mystery with how that happened since it had the time in the oven and was pretty small in scope. Maybe all the good people left after the Motor storm apocalypse stuff though

Shitting out your biggest franchises to get out before the holidays season is the cool thing to do these days for the big publishers. EA with Battlefield 4, Activision with COD Ghost, Ubisoft with Assassin's Creed Unity and Microsoft with Halo MCC. So much riding on these long running huge franchises, it seems so short sighted but it just keeps happening, more now than ever.

Shitting out your biggest franchises to get out before the holidays season is the cool thing to do these days for the big publishers. EA with Battlefield 4, Activision with COD Ghost, Ubisoft with Assassin's Creed Unity and Microsoft with Halo MCC. So much riding on these long running huge franchises, it seems so short sighted but it just keeps happening, more now than ever.

Yeah it's really dumb, these last few years have proved that you can have an extremely successful game no matter when it's released, I mean Q1 next year is going to be insane.

I don't have the game but apparently the game totally broke AGAIN a little while after the patch, matchmaking (when it works) still takes like 5 minutes to find games and teams are often totally unbalanced.

Im one of the lucky ones who has actually had my matchmaking improve. Took me 30 seconds to get into a match today. Dont know why it works in my end but others are struggling.

Liamc723

Early rumours where Halo 2 A coming this year and the other games being released though the months following.

They clearly pushed those extra games out the door before they should and the over all quality bar dropped with the extra work load and shorter time in dev.

No they weren't, the rumours were either H2A on its own, or all of them together.

Halo 3 and Halo 4 needed little work done to them, so they were hardly pushed out the door.

I cannot wait for this year's end-of-the-year deliberations. I want to hear how Dan plans to participate. Will he be aggressive ? Will he make concessions ? Who knows !

I actually just finished brotherhood and 100% vinnied it (collected all the borgia flags and opened all the chests), and am starting revelations now. Why is revelations considered bad by some? Just because it's more of the same, or is it because of the story? Because so far the opening sequence was as good as anything in brotherhood, and I'm enjoying the early istanbul stuff too (hook blade is a cool addition and the world looks nice). The desmond stuff and subject 16 or 15 is silly but I haven't cared too much about that crap since ac1 and 2.

It was an okay game, but quite disappointing for a few reasons. The best way to put it would be that when Brotherhood was released, everyone was surprised by how meaty the single-player component was; with a ton of side content, neat features (Brotherhood systems, Da Vinci machines, Borgia Towers), a large city area to explore, new symbol puzzles, and a packed main storyline that swiftly continued Ezio's story and gave many minor characters from II more time in the spotlight. Revelations, on the other hand, was the kind of content-lite iterative release that everyone was expecting Brotherhood to be, with a noticeable reduction in side content (e.g. Only one side-mission for each faction), gimmicky features that didn't make it out of this one (that bad Tower Defense mini-game, the boring Desmond puzzle-platformer), and a plot that played it too safe. On that last point, essentially, they threw out the cast built up over two games and replaced them with characters that are hardly developed (and the villains are a noticeable downgrade from the Borgias). 16 was the biggest disappointment, as they really don't do that much with him in the main game, after three games of build-up.

But, like I said at the beginning, it's still an okay game. The bombs were fun to use (though admittedly quite broken), the setpieces to obtain the Masyaf keys were fun enough, the Altair sequences probably had a better story arc than the Ezio plot, Istanbul was a nice city to climb around in, and the character designs were pleasantly colorful and detailed,

FStop7

Banned
I liked Revelations because of how it wrapped up the stories of Ezio and Altair. I know there is more Ezio lore but I tend to kind of ignore it...

Zocano

From where is this gif?

Also, I was looking for one of their older videos where they watch a documentary-esque thing about... I think it was laserdisc? I couldn't find it and would like to watch it again. At first I thought it was the CD-I video but it wasn't and I'm not sure if it was a UPF or not.

From where is this gif?

Also, I was looking for one of their older videos where they watch a documentary-esque thing about... I think it was laserdisc? I couldn't find it and would like to watch it again. At first I thought it was the CD-I video but it wasn't and I'm not sure if it was a UPF or not.

HALCYON MOTHERFUCKER

When did the Cena rant occur? That whole QL seemed so down on wrestling I'd rather Dan have brought Brad in.

While they were going through the games roster.

He was basically defending Cena saying the current shit isn't all his fault and he should go back to his roots (chain wielding, rapping, etc)

This is the aspect of the site that really frustrates me. To be honest I am a massive fan of Nintendo's games but I can understand differences in opinion but the very strong ones expressed without any actual foundation is frustrating and makes me respect them a bit less. I mean really, how can Brad hate games he hasn't played or be mad that Xenoblade is included in Smash? *Shrug*

Not to mention the weird "I'm so glad I never owned a Wii*"(*but I just took the office wii home to play its games) attitude expressed in the Smash quick look.

1. Because what little he has seen or maybe even played didn't impress him and continues not to?
2. Because there are other Nintendo series he might see as more worthy?

It always interesting see people get wound up because the guys don't like Nintendo as much as people think they should.

Same thing whenever Jeff shits on Yoshi or Majora lol

justjim89

Man, I can't wait for the next Powerbombcast
to hear Jeff and Alex paint Sting's debut, Ziggler's win, and the Authority's death sound like no big deal.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Been going back to see old video content and good god, it's probably because I'm using the big video player and those videos aren't in HD, but video quality circa 2009-2010 is kinda shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom